Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 16: One-Hit Wonder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Part 17 of this thread is here ->

Joe Biden, 46th President Thread is over there ->

Presidential Election Aftermath thread is here ->

Last edited by a moderator:
Biden should be buying vaccine for what trump calls 'shithole' countries to shore up influence and goodwill.

"The world faces a "catastrophic moral failure" because of unequal Covid vaccine policies, the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) has warned.

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said it was not fair for younger, healthy people in richer nations to get injections before vulnerable people in poorer states.

He said over 39 million vaccine doses had been given in 49 richer states - but one poor nation had only 25 doses."
Madagascar?

And why not so?
My understanding is that our current system only uses the royal prerogative of mercy in extraordinary cases.

I don't see anything particularly extraordinary about most of the cases that US Presidents from either side of politics grant pardons to like they are going out of fashion.

My understanding is that our current system only uses the royal prerogative of mercy in extraordinary cases.

I don't see anything particularly extraordinary about most of the cases that US Presidents from either side of politics grant pardons to like they are going out of fashion.

I agree it must be money voted from donors etc that get access to the president to project there views.

More grenades before he leaves
Does sfa on corona for months
Then this
In an executive order issued Monday evening, Trump said he had been advised to lift restrictions on incoming travelers to the United States from the 26 European countries in the Schengen Zone, the UK, Ireland and Brazil but leave in place restrictions on travel from Iran and China.

"I agree with the Secretary that this action is the best way to continue protecting Americans from COVID-19 while enabling travel to resume safely," Trump wrote in the order, referring to Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar.

Biden is set to take over the presidency on Wednesday and his incoming press secretary, Jen Psaki, said that his administration would not lift the restrictions.

<<<<All of the various right-wing “Million”-themed marches that have been organized over the past several years (such as December’s “Million MAGA March”) have fallen well short of the million people they claimed to rally—usually, they number at best in the tens of thousands. But Sunday’s planned “Million Militia March” was a failure of truly epic proportions: It seems no one showed up to march. Not a soul.

Similarly, worries about marches on various states’ Capitols around the nation turned out to be groundless when only tiny smatterings of armed militiamen showed up at a few of the events that pro-Donald Trump “Patriots” said they were planning in places such as Columbus, Ohio, and Salem, Oregon. Both failures suggest that the American radical right is now in utter disarray, at least for the time being.>>>>

The usual MAGAts : “IT WAS ANTIFA THAT DIDNT TURN UP!!!

More grenades before he leaves
Does sfa on corona for months
Then this
In an executive order issued Monday evening, Trump said he had been advised to lift restrictions on incoming travelers to the United States from the 26 European countries in the Schengen Zone, the UK, Ireland and Brazil but leave in place restrictions on travel from Iran and China.

"I agree with the Secretary that this action is the best way to continue protecting Americans from COVID-19 while enabling travel to resume safely," Trump wrote in the order, referring to Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar.

Biden is set to take over the presidency on Wednesday and his incoming press secretary, Jen Psaki, said that his administration would not lift the restrictions.
FMD

The UK?!?!

Brazil?!?!?!?!

Biden should be buying vaccine for what trump calls 'shithole' countries to shore up influence and goodwill.

"The world faces a "catastrophic moral failure" because of unequal Covid vaccine policies, the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) has warned.

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said it was not fair for younger, healthy people in richer nations to get injections before vulnerable people in poorer states.

He said over 39 million vaccine doses had been given in 49 richer states - but one poor nation had only 25 doses."

To be fair, life expectancy in Haiti is 64 years, so hardly much need for a vaccine when so few of the population expect to live into ages within the risk category.

There are countries like Nauru which have practically zero cases and life expectancy of 60.

It's not surprising there's a country with only 25 vaccines. Those countries have a lot worse stuff to deal with than a virus which will kill very, very few of their citizens. Things like Malaria, Cholera and other contagious diseases are still far more likely to kill you in West Africa than COVID.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps your explanation about the job at Chevron is why a lot of the Government employees come from academia (by my limited and probably Oz-based knowledge).

That being said, I'm sure Chevron would love to have one of their ex-employees working on regulations, knowing that she'd be wanting a job back at Chevron in 4 years' time.

She could demand quite a bit upon return. "Hey, want me to help with navigating the regulations I wrote?"
Shes a genuine greenie. She loves spending money on rehab and does a really good job on it. The assumptions you make about a person you dont know.

To be fair, life expectancy in Haiti is 64 years, so hardly much need for a vaccine when so few of the population expect to live into ages within the risk category.

There are countries like Nauru which have practically zero cases and life expectancy of 60.

It's not surprising there's a country with only 25 vaccines. Those countries have a lot worse stuff to deal with than a virus which will kill very, very few of their citizens. Things like Malaria, Cholera and other contagious diseases are still far more likely to kill you in West Africa than COVID.
I don't think life expectancy has any relevance . There will still be vulnerable,frail people.

I'm morbidly curious to see how Jnr is going when he Don's age.

I have a feeling he might make the orange one look positively reasonable by comparison.
Thats if he makes it

What day is the inauguration/civil war?
Late Friday night Melbourne time?

From 1am AEST the inauguration starts about 4am AEST Thursday morning 21/1.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back