Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 4 (cont in pt 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DNC in 1972 had sued President Richard Nixon's election committee in connection with the break-in at the party's headquarters in the Watergate building in Washington by burglars connected to the committee. The Nixon campaign settled that suit for $750,000 on the same day that Nixon resigned in disgrace in August 1974 as a result of his efforts to cover-up White House ties to the Watergate burglars.

The DNC in 1972 had sued President Richard Nixon's election committee in connection with the break-in at the party's headquarters in the Watergate building in Washington by burglars connected to the committee. The Nixon campaign settled that suit for $750,000 on the same day that Nixon resigned in disgrace in August 1974 as a result of his efforts to cover-up White House ties to the Watergate burglars.
And almost everyone who cried witch hunt for 2 years did time in federal prison.

Wow! Just seen how fox are spinning the Comey memos.

They are saying that because Trump didn't admit to collusion then that proves there was none.

If your looking for any kind of history to support your extended unbelievable gullibility - your best hope is an assassination

Holy mackerel at the Dems latest desperation re lawsuits. Such a desperate waste of resources. Focus on 2020 or you are irrelevant for the foreseeable future.

I do hate to agree with you but I agree. Its just ******* dumb strategy.

Their strategy should be sticking to pointing out Trump's policy shortcomings, winning big in the midterms, obstructing Trump for the rest of his tenure, then picking a decent candidate to beat Trump in 2020.

Trump's response is pretty stupid as well though. Pointing out the DNC bias against Sanders only serves to help his likely 2020 opponent (Sanders). I know everyone is trying to dismiss Sanders as a viable candidate for 2020 due to his age but that is particularly stupid as the "rulebook" has been thrown out the window since 2016.

Trump should be trying to pin Sanders to the DNC establishment rather than making him an outsider. Just as the Democrats should be trying to pin Trump to the GOP establishment.

Trump has decided now that he has given huge tax cuts to the rich it is now time to cut food stamps in a new proposal to the farm bill.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/28/food-stamp-fight-kill-farm-bill-446477

Interesting to see that he's attacking his supporters on 2 fronts, the poor from getting food and the farmers who a large portion of their crops go to this program.

Oh, and don't forget his trade war that now makes certain foods in China 25% more expensive. No wonder the food belt is seeing a huge blue wave but luckily Trump only sees favourable news on fox and favourable polls on Rasmussen so he won't do anything to address this as he thinks all his supporters are winning....

By selling more Tomahawk missiles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Democrat party spokesman Mr Perez advised they are seriously looking to expand the civil suit.

“This is not playing politics, it’s about defending America from Russian interference in our election”
Said Perez.

Perez went to suggest that Chachi visited Moscow on 3 occasions and met with nefarious characters.

“But it’s not just Chachi” “ we have conclusive evidence that this has been going on for years”

“We have demanded in writing that the creators of South Park respond to accusations that the Hillary Snuke episode was a Putin idea”

I do hate to agree with you but I agree. Its just ******* dumb strategy.
When Watergate first broke and the Democrats sued and everyone said the same thing, "this is a dumb strategy, why would someone who holds the most powerful office in the world resort to illegal schemes to keep that office".o_O:rolleyes:

The lawsuit did 2 things, it gave them money from their opposition (Trump 101 playbook) and secondly it kept the scandal in the public eye which gained momentum over time which led to Nixon's resignation.

At the end of the day Nixon was gone and the DNC won the case (and the money) and at the next federal election they won the presidency. Hmmm.

When Watergate first broke and the Democrats sued and everyone said the same thing, "this is a dumb strategy, why would someone who holds the most powerful office in the world resort to illegal schemes to keep that office".o_O:rolleyes:

The lawsuit did 2 things, it gave them money from their opposition (Trump 101 playbook) and secondly it kept the scandal in the public eye which gained momentum over time which led to Nixon's resignation.

At the end of the day Nixon was gone and the DNC won the case (and the money) and at the next federal election they won the presidency. Hmmm.
It's also a country where the accused might get off Criminally, but then get done civilly. e.g. OJ Simpson had to pay the victim's families tens of millions for the death he was found 'not guilty' of criminally.

Democrat party spokesman Mr Perez advised they are seriously looking to expand the civil suit.

“This is not playing politics, it’s about defending America from Russian interference in our election”
Said Perez.

Perez went to suggest that Chachi visited Moscow on 3 occasions and met with nefarious characters.

“But it’s not just Chachi” “ we have conclusive evidence that this has been going on for years”

“We have demanded in writing that the creators of South Park respond to accusations that the Hillary Snuke episode was a Putin idea”

"not accepting election results is a threat to democracy"

Says above, during discovery

Bernie would be my first guess. I'd think some of Obama's WH staff would be part of it.
That is what I was asking, how and why would discovery be relevant? Doesn’t make sense.

Is Simone a lawyer?

That is what I was asking, how and why would discovery be relevant? Doesn’t make sense.

Is Simone a lawyer?
The defendant(s) is/are allowed discovery as well.

I know all that, is the guy a lawyer?

Seems like bit of a stretch to me, made for Trump fans.
Don't know, don't care. Surely you can see that defending a "you were all big meanies and stopped our Queen winning" lawsuit that you'd probe the hell out of what went on with Bernie.

Said Perez.

But wait there's more!
"Our lawsuits lays out, in no uncertain terms that the nation should never under any circumstance move on from the 2016 election result"

These words came out of Perez's mouth i kid you not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back