Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 9 - The Shi'ites Hit The Fan (Cont. in Part 10, see OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why Trump will be voted back in, in a absolute canter

LOL

Right, so answering your question is "point scoring".

"Why on earth would you expect large mobs of agitators at dem candidate rallies? Are any of them as divisive, unpolished and sensationalist as Trump?"

You really seem to be triggered by his gruff personality and can't seem to look past that. But that's on you.

"The Dem candidates are very divisive, as many of their policies go against the beliefs and values of half the population. Thankfully, Republican's by enlarge refrain from the kind of political agitating that you seem to be condoning."

The bolded would be the point score-y part, mate. If you'd just left it as the first sentence, no probs (obvious false equivalence notwithstanding), but you couldn't resist having a little dig.

Then follow up with some more deflection. Any danger of acknowledging that no democrat candidate has done anything near as sensationalist as Trump?

Last edited:
‘The few men who think in common with us are much more necessary to us than the whole of the rest of mankind; they give strength and tone to our principles.’ - George Forster

A compelling op-ed penned by Admiral William McRaven in the New York Times, and a follow up TV interview, included:

“If our promises are meaningless, how will our allies ever trust us? If we can’t have faith in our nation’s principles, why would the men and women of this nation join the military? .. and if they don’t join, who will protect us? If we are not the champions of the good and the right, then who will follow us? And if no one follows us where will the world end up?”

The former commander of US Special Operations Command later explained that if an enemy wants to destroy the other side, they do so from “within and without”.

Trump has undermined the intelligence community, law enforcement, the Department of Justice, the State Department as well as a series of other American institutions.

“He has called the press the enemy of the American people and I will tell you, I’ve fought a lot of America’s enemies. The press is not the enemy of the American people.”

Trump left the Kurdish people on the battlefield when the American military prides themselves on never leaving a soldier behind.

He’s undermined our NATO allies and really the international committee has lost faith in America then throughout the course of this, he’s convinced us he’s doing it for the right reasons,” McRaven said. “I think that’s really what is troubling.”

He went on to say that he thinks people forget that the U.S. “is a nation of values” not just transactions. But Trump is a transactional president.

He believes that it’s only good if it is good for us,” he continued. “But he forgets we’re the same nation that fought Nazism and fascism and terrorism and not just because it was good for us, but because it was the right thing to do and the men and women in the law enforcement community, those people, those Americans, believe these values are important. I don’t believe the president fully understands that.”

“As I’ve said a number of times before, I’ve had the privilege and honour of working for a lot of presidents and I didn’t always agree with them,” following on. “But I believed they were men of principle. They were trying to do what’s right by the country. They didn’t always get it right, but were trying to do what’s right. I don’t see that in this president.”

Last edited:
A president who does his best to stop wars. Well done Trump.

During lefties god presidency so many people were killed from war. Obama you fraud.
Certainly a win for Turkey. They ended up pushing Kurdish fighters from their safe zone, then they get sanction relief as well. The only thing that Erdogan gave up was a few hours of his day.

Mulvaney now claiming the media twisted his words.

Mick Mulvaney can try to take back what he said earlier about doing quid pro quo foreign policy with Ukraine and other countries, but we have the actual un-doctored, real-time video.

And really, when you watch Mulvaney, it strikes me that his attitude in that press conference was more or less how they think off-camera.
Live with it, idiots, because we're going to do what we want when we want. Mulvaney just said it in public.

CleanupOn Aisle Mick Mulvaney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A brief timeline of the defence of the Ukranian scandal:

”No we never!!!”

”Ok maybe we did a bit, but there was no quid pro quo!”

”You’re goddam right there was quid pro quo, and what’s wrong with that?!?!”
We’ve seen this show before with such classics as “Stormy Who?” And “Pallin’ Around With Putin”.

Mick Mulvaney can try to take back what he said earlier about doing quid pro quo foreign policy with Ukraine and other countries, but we have the actual un-doctored, real-time video.

And really, when you watch Mulvaney, it strikes me that his attitude in that press conference was more or less how they think off-camera.
Live with it, idiots, because we're going to do what we want when we want. Mulvaney just said it in public.

CleanupOn Aisle Mick Mulvaney

“The look-back to what happened in 2016 certainly was part of the thing that he was worried about in corruption with that nation,” Mulvaney said. “And that is absolutely appropriate.”

Democrats immediately jumped on Mulvaney’s statement, declaring that it was proof that the president had a “quid pro quo” agreement with the foreign aid.

But Mulvaney said it was a common request.

“We do that all the time with foreign policy,” he said, referring to requirements for foreign aid before it was released.

“I have news for everybody, get over it. There’s going to be political influence in foreign policy,”
Mulvaney said.

He said that asking Ukraine for help in an investigation into the 2016 election was an ongoing Justice Department investigation and “completely legitimate.”

He also said that the holdup on delivering aid funds had nothing to do with Ukraine investigating former Vice President Joe Biden.

“The money that was held up had nothing to do with Biden,” Mulvaney said.

No worries. The guy whose twitter you quoted, Matt Gaetz, is a Republican Member of Congress who was blocked from entering one of these Committee Hearings. The reason for that was quite simple. It was not because he was a Republican, but because he wasn't a member of that Committee. Republicans who were members of the Committee were in the room, accessing the information and questioning the witnesses. Democrats who weren't members of the Committee were not allowed in, for the same reason Gaetz was excluded.

There is a lot of disinformation being thrown about by this process right now. The logic is understandable. Trump supporters are trying to discredit the process to muddy the waters because it is easier to do that then address the substance of what is being investigated.
It’s great the the Democratic controlled House is so focused on these serious matters and freeing the president to focus on running the country.

As a private businessman, makes pretty good sense - wouldn't you agree ?, who in their right mind would not want to curry favour with secretary of state and future President, oh hang on it's all about charity with the Clintons!.

Are you suggesting you should be able to purchase the presidents favour?

Interesting.

‘The few men who think in common with us are much more necessary to us than the whole of the rest of mankind; they give strength and tone to our principles.’ - George Forster

A compelling op-ed penned by Admiral William McRaven in the New York Times, and a follow up TV interview, included:

“If our promises are meaningless, how will our allies ever trust us? If we can’t have faith in our nation’s principles, why would the men and women of this nation join the military? .. and if they don’t join, who will protect us? If we are not the champions of the good and the right, then who will follow us? And if no one follows us where will the world end up?”

The former commander of US Special Operations Command later explained that if an enemy wants to destroy the other side, they do so from “within and without”.

Trump has undermined the intelligence community, law enforcement, the Department of Justice, the State Department as well as a series of other American institutions.

“He has called the press the enemy of the American people and I will tell you, I’ve fought a lot of America’s enemies. The press is not the enemy of the American people.”

Trump left the Kurdish people on the battlefield when the American military prides themselves on never leaving a soldier behind.

He’s undermined our NATO allies and really the international committee has lost faith in America then throughout the course of this, he’s convinced us he’s doing it for the right reasons,” McRaven said. “I think that’s really what is troubling.”

He went on to say that he thinks people forget that the U.S. “is a nation of values” not just transactions. But Trump is a transactional president.

He believes that it’s only good if it is good for us,” he continued. “But he forgets we’re the same nation that fought Nazism and fascism and terrorism and not just because it was good for us, but because it was the right thing to do and the men and women in the law enforcement community, those people, those Americans, believe these values are important. I don’t believe the president fully understands that.”

“As I’ve said a number of times before, I’ve had the privilege and honour of working for a lot of presidents and I didn’t always agree with them,” following on. “But I believed they were men of principle. They were trying to do what’s right by the country. They didn’t always get it right, but were trying to do what’s right. I don’t see that in this president.”
Did the USA officially enter the Syrian civil war? Could you point out when this action was declared and by whom? Was there a UN vote I missed?

The USA “A nation of values”?
Exactly what values - unilateral action?

The volume of rhetoric in your short post is astonishing.

Before sprouting these platitudes surely it’s necessary to at least provide some half baked example of where the USA has displayed its values and what they might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back