Play Nice 45th President of the United States - Donald Trump (continued in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If no one's free speech has been stopped (the end result), then how is it irrelevant to your argument that "the left" is stopping free speech?

Simply because it's not necessary for free speech to have been stopped every time for these tactics to be authoritarian. Speaking of goldfish memory, I have only just explained this.

It is not their motive, their motive is to exercise their own free speech rights to protest against someone else's free speech

Rioting and violence isn't a free speech right

Yiannopoulos is still mouthing off whenever he can, so how has any free speech being stopped?

LOL. It's not necessary for the tactics to be successful for them to be authoritarian. This can't be that hard to understand.

It's all much needed free speech, you don't just decide which parts you like, and omit the rest. You can contest these ideas, but censoring them is unnecessary and counter-productive.

How has Yiannopoulos and any of the alt right groups been "censored"? Don't tell me you don't know what the word censoring means either

How has Yiannopoulos and any of the alt right groups been "censored"? Don't tell me you don't know what the word censoring means either

I'm referring to the mention of sexism and racism, and so forth, not Milo himself. People should be free to be as sexist and as racist as they want, and fortunately we live in a country where that is the case.

How many times do you have to be told. No, everyone did not acquiesce. It was primarily the left who resisted. So you save your animus for them for reasons only known to yourself.

Seriously, you talk yourself into knots.
No everyone did not acquiesce
But most did and there is the point
Most just loved Obama because his a nice guy and totally excused his failings.

It's a bit disingenuous to say that Spencer advocates ethnic cleansing when that term brings up images of mass genocide such as in Kosovo. Spencer is delusional and racist, but he specifically advocates for a peaceful formation of an ethno-state.
Yes, his peaceful ethnic cleansing. I wonder how that will work.

You've been sucked in by the re-branding efforts of the neo-nazi movement.

As for jokes, they are jokes.
He's not a comedian. How is saying 'gays should get back in the closet' a joke? It's not funny. He's a troll. He's lining his pockets, so best of luck to him.

It wouldn't be a major problem, but one of the bigger trolls is currently occupying the white house.

Yes, his peaceful ethnic cleansing. I wonder how that will work.

You've been sucked in by the re-branding efforts of the neo-nazi movement.

Haven't been sucked in by it, and I'm not advocating any form of ethnic cleansing, but there is a distinction at least to be made.

He's not a comedian. How is saying 'gays should get back in the closet' a joke?

LOL, I'm not going to sit here and dissect people's personal tastes in humour.

It wouldn't be a major problem, but one of the bigger trolls is currently occupying the white house.

Yeah, and largely thanks to the kind of people I'm talking about. Don't tell me you couldn't see this happening years ago?

I'm referring to the mention of sexism and racism, and so forth, not Milo himself. People should be free to be as sexist and as racist as they want, and fortunately we live in a country where that is the case.

And this, in a nut shell, is why you are a contrived, amoral hypocrite

No one is allowed to be as sexist and racist as they want, there are discrimination laws in place. Just as rioting is wrong and is punishable by law, so is extreme discrimination. Your advocacy of one and condemnation of the other shows you don't have a moral compass

Alt right has not been censored, they were allowed to do their Heil Trump Nazi salutes close to the White House, they were allowed to have their websites sprouting their s**t, that is literally how free speech works. Go and learn what that word means again

Bull ******* s**t

If either of these ******s had any balls they would be joining the president of iceland in calling for a ban on putting pineapple on a pizza

Both are missing on an important issue that effects every australian
I for one would support this pineapple on pizza ban.

It's a bit disingenuous to say that Spencer advocates ethnic cleansing when that term brings up images of mass genocide such as in Kosovo. Spencer is delusional and racist, but he specifically advocates for a peaceful formation of an ethno-state.

As for jokes, they are jokes.

It's all much needed free speech, you don't just decide which parts you like, and omit the rest. You can contest these ideas, but censoring them is unnecessary and counter-productive.

We've already had this discussion about your repeated downplay of the advocacy for violence and the actual violence that has occurred.

A peaceful ethno-state, like the partition of Pakistan & India.? That started out all fine & dandy.

No free speech has been stopped, you utter gibbon.

Derp, in the post you replied to I explained that this was unnecessary, just like your continued denial that it has happened in the first place. You just don't get it.

Rioting has **** all to do with stopping any free speech, it's just them being ******* dicks

Of course it does, the stated objective of many of these groups was to deny Milo an audience. They often succeed, but fail in the long run.

Yet again you do not understand the difference between hooliganism and authoritarianism

Hooligans are mere troublemakers, the violence behind attacks such as Berkely are for express political purposes. It seems your misunderstanding is partly based in your refusal to acknowledge that there are groups behind this, and it's not just random violence.

This is why I cited S&S and Breitbart, what they've done has curtailed Yiannopoulos's free speech more than the actual rioting has

Nope, it's less, in fact it's zero. S&S don't have to publish Milo's book, Breitbart didn't even fire Milo, he resigned. This has nothing to do with free speech, they're pure market forces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one is allowed to be as sexist and racist as they want, there are discrimination laws in place. Just as rioting is w

Haha, are you always this literal? We're clearly having this discussion in the context of what kind of ideas speakers like Spencer and Milo are allowed to express, nothing to do with active discrimination in the workplace, public transport harrassment, etc.

Haven't been sucked in by it, and I'm not advocating any form of ethnic cleansing, but there is a distinction at least to be made.
We're debating what form of ethnic cleansing a very prominent political figure wants. These are the parameters of the free speech debate in 2017.

Hooligans are mere troublemakers, the violence behind attacks such as Berkely are for express political purposes.

You said he was 'just telling jokes'.

No one is allowed to be as sexist and racist as they want, there are discrimination laws in place. Just as rioting is wrong and is punishable by law, so is extreme discrimination. Your advocacy of one and condemnation of the other shows you don't have a moral compass

Alt right has not been censored, they were allowed to do their Heil Trump Nazi salutes close to the White House, they were allowed to have their websites sprouting their s**t, that is literally how free speech works. Go and learn what that word means again
Your entirely mistaken
The law does not prevent you from being as racist or sexist as you like as long as you don't incite violence hatred in public or discriminate on the basis of race against a person as an employer or business.

Otherwise you can do as you like - you can even tell people of different races you don't like them - you can tell women you don't like them because they are women.

You don't need to befriend other races or other genders or different sexual orientations. You or I might think what we like about such people but they are perfectly legally entitled to their own views and choices. I m sure they have their own opinion of the likes of you and me too.

You should just accept it as the wonderful kaleidoscope of life.

We're debating what form of ethnic cleansing a very prominent political figure wants. These are the parameters of the free speech debate in 2017.

It's just one of them, namely being precise about someone's actual ideas and not conflating them with others.

You're just defending their rights to advocate for ethnic cleansing, provided they don't break any windows.

Your strawman routine is tiresome.

You said he was 'just telling jokes'.

Not at all, his speeches do include jokes, but it's not entirely a standup routine.

It's just one of them, namely being precise about someone's actual ideas and not conflating them with others.

Your strawman routine is tiresome.

Not at all, his speeches do include jokes, but it's not entirely a standup routine.

You can go to the wall to defend the Richard Spencers of the neo-nazi right; there will be undocumented people who will be exploited (physically, economically and other ways) because the first hint of them speaking up will get some campaigner threatening to call this squad rounding up immigrants.

That's a freedom of speech issue.

You can go to the wall to defend the Richard Spencers of the neo-nazi right; there will be undocumented people who will be exploited (physically, economically and other ways) because the first hint of them speaking up will get some campaigner threatening to call this squad rounding up immigrants.

That's a freedom of speech issue.

Are you saying that I shouldn't defend Richard Spencer's right to a platform because it will necessarily lead to immigrants being rounded up by vigilantes?

Are you saying that I shouldn't defend Richard Spencer's right to a platform because it will necessarily lead to immigrants being rounded up by vigilantes?
No, that's not what Im saying.

Im saying the lack of freedom of speech undocumented people are, and will, ensure is far more pressing than giving more national platforms for neo-nazis and pseudo-comedians who are happy to casually associate with these neo nazis.

No, that's not what Im saying.

Im saying the lack of freedom of speech undocumented people are, and will, ensure
is far more pressing than giving more national platforms for neo-nazis and pseudo-comedians who are happy to casually associate with these neo nazis.

Can you re-phrase this part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back