Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s literally no proof this happened except for a third hand account a week later.

We can probably wait and see before the hand wringing.

This board really does love making up cruel racist rumours about our indigenous players.

Gee I hope he has a great preseason. IMO was smart giving him a game (maybe a game too many) to get the taste.
Obviously the hype last year with Sheezel and Wardaw was probably what you'd expect from elite juniors, but wouldn't it be great if one of the unheralded players like Hansen went bang, and really ignited.

Obviously the hype last year with Sheezel and Wardaw was probably what you'd expect from elite juniors, but wouldn't it be great if one of the unheralded players like Hansen went bang, and really ignited.

Goat, Bergman and Bobby Jr killing it would solve a lot of problems.

Goat, Bergman and Bobby Jr killing it would solve a lot of problems.
Bergman will be a set and forget HBFer for the next 10 years IMO. Goat has the tools but needs a tank so that's on him to improve to an AFL level, but if Bobby becomes a regular best 22 player then like you say that's a problem solved in small Fwd and will be brilliant for team balance.

Bergman will be a set and forget HBFer for the next 10 years IMO. Goat has the tools but needs a tank so that's on him to improve to an AFL level, but if Bobby becomes a regular best 22 player then like you say that's a problem solved in small Fwd and will be brilliant for team balance.
Problem solved? he comes good and we still need minimum two more smalls on the list, cupboards bare for those fleet a foot forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seen him with his mates a couple of months ago and even though he was on break, he wasn't on the sauce like they were.

He's going to give this year a crack so I hope he turns out to be the sleeper of 24.

vp4Xk8.gif

Despite the negligible impact in the games he did play, I thought it was a real positive that he had good positioning around the ball. That's pretty hard to teach. Most of our small forwards or makeshift small forwards have been lost or are not in a good position to influence the contest.

If he makes it, he becomes a dangerous type that can kick a few goals out of nowhere from contested and loose ball opportunities. Bit like Curtis but with more pace to go with it. I will be very keen about how he plays at Marvel.

He's committed and that gives him every chance to make it.

Unless something happens with his build, I don't think he's anywhere near a set and forget. Occasionally you'll get a superstar like Kade Simpson but that's the exception. I can't see him holding a spot down there with Fisher, Sheezel still potentially if Duursma is drafted and plays forward, etc. Really hope he makes it though because his disposal is beautiful and he makes bold decisions in how he uses it. Could solve a huge problem for us coming out of defence and transitioning inside forward 50.

Unless something happens with his build, I don't think he's anywhere near a set and forget. Occasionally you'll get a superstar like Kade Simpson but that's the exception. I can't see him holding a spot down there with Fisher, Sheezel still potentially if Duursma is drafted and plays forward, etc. Really hope he makes it though because his disposal is beautiful and he makes bold decisions in how he uses it. Could solve a huge problem for us coming out of defence and transitioning inside forward 50.
I'm not too worried about his build because from what I've seen he doesn't take a backwards step in the contest and I've not seen him really bullied in a 1v1 contest either. Without being a liability in those areas and with his top quality disposal I feel there's a spot from him in the team. Hopefully a little added pressure for his spot from Fish and/or Stephens can elevate his game another notch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back