Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden (1) O Brave New World

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess he was tired as Fox reporter indicated he would be

That is absolute proof of how crap Fox is. He's the definition of a doofus who got a job through nepotism.
If you take away their cash cow outrage mongers on their opinion shows, they would be lower than OAN and Newsmax.

I did a post for my website about Biden's impeachment:

If you follow political news, you'll probably by now be aware that US president Joe Biden is the target of impeachment proceedings from the Republicans. The House of Representatives is opening an inquiry into whether or not Biden is corrupt, in matters relating to his son Hunter's business activities and foreign interests.

To quote from the BBC:

Kevin McCarthy said the inquiry would focus on "allegations of abuse of power, obstruction and corruption" by Mr Biden.
Republicans have been investigating the president since they took control of the House in January.
The hearings have found no concrete evidence of misconduct by Mr Biden.
They have, however, shed more light on business dealings by the president's son Hunter Biden - which Republicans say are questionable - and on Mr Biden's knowledge of his son's activities.
In a brief statement at the US Capitol, Mr McCarthy said there were "serious and credible" allegations involving the president's conduct.
"Taken together, these allegations paint a picture of a culture of corruption," he said.
The White House was quick to condemn Mr McCarthy's decision.
"House Republicans have been investigating the President for nine months, and they've turned up no evidence of wrongdoing," White House spokesperson Ian Sams wrote in a social media post.
"Extreme politics at its worst."

Emphasis mine, with another important detail to be found later on...

Mr McCarthy, who as Speaker leads Republicans in the House, has been lobbied for weeks by right-wing members to open an impeachment inquiry.

Congressman Matt Gaetz of Florida, a close ally of former President Donald Trump, called the announcement "a baby step following weeks of pressure from House conservatives to do more". He had previously threatened to force a vote to remove Mr McCarthy from his leadership position if the Speaker did not start an impeachment investigation.

Mr McCarthy's hold on power in the House has been tenuous ever since he won the top job in January after 15 rounds of voting in the chamber - a modern record.

So, not only are the allegations against Biden on shaky ground, it appears the motives of Mr McCarthy rest in trying to preserve his station, rather than actually doing his job. Worse, he is trying to appeal to extremist elements within the GOP, a move which has set him at odds with moderate voices. A Guardian article expresses this in more detail:

The man leading the Republican charge for an impeachment inquiry into Joe Biden has spent “eight months of abject failure” in trying to prove the US president guilty of wrongdoing, a watchdog report says.

James Comer, the ambitious chairman of the House of Representatives’ oversight committee, has repeatedly overhyped allegations of bribery and corruption against Biden without once producing hard evidence, according to the Congressional Integrity Project.

The lack of a case underlines the huge political risks facing House Republicans when they return to Capitol Hill on Tuesday. Some are threatening to force a government shutdown unless an impeachment inquiry is opened despite objections from wary Republican colleagues in the Senate.

The Republicans aren't united in this. An endeavour which lacks evidence, and which stems from someone insecure in their job, and which threatens to paralyze the functioning of government unless its proponents get their way, is not an honourable endeavour. It is more of a foot-stomping exercise from fanatics, who are upset their unproven allegations do not carry more weight, and it is a blatant display of partisan politics.

This display has moderate Republicans anxious. The overt display of divisive, ideology-driven partisan politics is not likely to wash well with many Americans. Without evidence, any impeachment process is doomed to fail, especially since the Democrats control the Senate. Even the threat of shutting down the government won't thrill moderate voices, given that previous shutdowns have greatly harmed the image of the GOP. Repeats of this are likely to horrifically backfire, and harm Republican chances at the next elections.

It seems unlikely this will stop the fanatics, and by extension, unlikely it will stop McCarthy from appeasing them to save his job (his primary motive for calling an impeachment).

I’m kind of surprised it took so long, to be honest. It’s funny to consider how big a deal the Clinton impeachment was, and how now it’s just seen as a run of the mill tool of attack that nobody really takes seriously. Realistically, I would expect every President with a hostile House to face impeachment proceedings as a matter of course for the foreseeable future.

I’m kind of surprised it took so long, to be honest. It’s funny to consider how big a deal the Clinton impeachment was, and how now it’s just seen as a run of the mill tool of attack that nobody really takes seriously. Realistically, I would expect every President with a hostile House to face impeachment proceedings as a matter of course for the foreseeable future.
kev wants to keep his job as speaker

If that's the case then the USA will officially be a failed state.

Depends how badly this blows up in their face.

Democrats could impeach Trump because they had enough evidence.

Republicans aren't impeaching Biden, they are holding an enquiry about impeaching him.

This is because holding an impeachment enquiry let's them insinuate to their rather dense base that Biden is being impeached, when they are doing no such thing.

Impeaching Biden forced them to put all their cards in the table, and this shows everyone they don't have any.

Not, the Trump nuffies that still thinks there is overwhelming evidence that the election was stolen despite numerous court cases that produced no evidence.

But all the independents, the Republican moderates, the non rusted on. Those that may have started to be swayed by the incessant "Biden Crime Family" schtick. They definitely do not want them seeing all the evidence they don't have, because these people will go, hey, wait a minute, I thought there was all this evidence?

The impeach the president play when you don't have any decent evidence to present, may be a play that wins you your party nomination by galvanizing your own hard core base, but loses you the election, by turning every one else off you.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Republicans aren't impeaching Biden, they are holding an enquiry about impeaching him.

This is because holding an impeachment enquiry let's them insinuate to their rather dense base that Biden is being impeached, when they are doing no such thing.

Impeaching Biden forced them to put all their cards in the table, and this shows everyone they don't have any.

Not, the Trump nuffies that still thinks there is overwhelming evidence that the election was stolen despite numerous court cases that produced no evidence.

But all the independents, the Republican moderates, the non rusted on. Those that may have started to be swayed by the incessant "Biden Crime Family" schtick. They definitely do not want them seeing all the evidence they don't have, because these people will go, hey, wait a minute, I thought there was all this evidence?

The impeach the president play when you don't have any decent evidence to present, may be a play that wins you your party nomination by galvanizing your own hard core base, but loses you the election, by turning every one else off you.

Yep.

Said in another thread, I almost feel sorry for McConnell (almost). Imagine having the career in politics he's had, only to have these absolute nutcases wrangle your party out from under you in your declining years.

Yep.

Said in another thread, I almost feel sorry for McConnell (almost). Imagine having the career in politics he's had, only to have these absolute nutcases wrangle your party out from under you in your declining years.
Just like sport - if at the pinnacle of your career you get to the big dance - dont freeze

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and the ONLY way it gets any traction, just like Hillary, is that large right-wing media will turn every innuendo, allegation and conspiracy up to 11 without a single whisper of facts to support it.
once again Fox will profit from effin up society and truth

I repeat no intelligent person believes what Fox News says.
Fox News is deliberately focussed upon the stupid and uneducated.
Rupert Murdoch hates these people, however he manipulates them for his financial gain.
He's not the only one though.
The internet is basically a cesspit of advertising and manipulation.

and the ONLY way it gets any traction, just like Hillary, is that large right-wing media will turn every innuendo, allegation and conspiracy up to 11 without a single whisper of facts to support it.
once again Fox will profit from effin up society and truth
I saw a tweet (and it may have been here) that said ' we will continue to put Bidens impeachment on the daily news cycle to remind people of the massive crimes of the family " without ever trying to bring impeachment charges against him .

It's why the laptop is more important as a symbol rather than evidence

I saw a tweet (and it may have been here) that said ' we will continue to put Bidens impeachment on the daily news cycle to remind people of the massive crimes of the family " without ever trying to bring impeachment charges against him .

It's why the laptop is more important as a symbol rather than evidence
Just like Hilary's emails. No one can explain the crime but the general population heard about them enough to think there was something wrong.

This thread has been so popular it has been rolled over! Join us for future conversation here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back