Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

As per usual, played out of place by Port.

Pure mid, not a half back flanker.

Port have to play, or well appear to play hardball here. Jacobs is rated highly by them and family friends of mine that work in the SANFL/support Port rate Jacobs highly. Peter Rohde's job is on a knife's edge here, so I wouldn't be surprised if he went into super dick mode to make it look like he's a negotiator worth hanging on to.

Nah, he's not an upgrade yet. Based on current form he's not even close to the best 22. The only strength he's shown at AFL level is his marking. We're targeting him on what he could be, not what he is. Which is fine, so long as we don't pay anything close to the value he was 2 years ago.
Of course he's not an upgrade yet - he's only 20 - and of course that implies we're targeting him on potential. But Geelong drafted for Caddy on what he will be, not what he is. We'll be drafting young players in the next few weeks on what they 'could be'. We get excited bout what Harper & Mackenzie will be too - not what they're doing now.

Fact is, he's a highly rated junior, first round draft pick (taken ahead of Atley) and the footage of him in the SANFL and draft footage looks great. All these things would indicate that most likely if he gets a few pre-seasons, good leadership around him - he will most likely be a best 22 player and improve on some of the fringe players we have like Anthony & Gibson.

Ronald Macdonald says we didnt get Josh Caddy cos he didnt nominate our club as his preferred. Well Ben Jacobs has nominated us, SO GET THE DEAL DONE! (Not for our pick 15)

Ronald Macdonald says we didnt get Josh Caddy cos he didnt nominate our club as his preferred. Well Ben Jacobs has nominated us, SO GET THE DEAL DONE! (Not for our pick 15)
Show me where he is quoted saying he wants to come to North...

No quotes but Ive been hearing it all week that he nominated us, radio & papers, North & Port in discussions etc.

We get excited bout what Harper & Mackenzie will be too - not what they're doing now.
Yeah, probably not the best example kotr. I definitely get excited about Harps and what he does now... and what he'll do in future.

Yeah I was rapt we drafted Harper, dangerous player, Atley too. Do u think Mackenzie will get more games in 2013? What sort of player is he I havent seen much of him..

Yeah I was rapt we drafted Harper, dangerous player, Atley too. Do u think Mackenzie will get more games in 2013? What sort of player is he I havent seen much of him..

Skinny, 188cm, loping midfielder/hf/hb. Outstanding left foot kick and good overhead. Very composed.

Needs time to bulk up and get fitter. Remember this was a weak draft and by the time our pick came around you were lucky to find a bloke with even one elite quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Skinny, 188cm, loping midfielder/hf/hb. Outstanding left foot kick and good overhead. Very composed.

Needs time to bulk up and get fitter. Remember this was a weak draft and by the time our pick came around you were lucky to find a bloke with even one elite quality.
Cheers Daz, we need to improve our disposal abit, he sounds good.

Unlike the Caddy situations where we all heard rumours about him choosing us bit none of the major media outlets were barely giving us a chance.

Atleast with the Jacobs scenario just about everyone is saying he has nominated us, still can't get too excited a lot can go wrong in the next five days

Josh Caddy was happy to go to either North, Geelong or another club cant remember which. He didnt nominate 1 club so GC got the best deal, that being Ablett compensation pick, not sure what we offered. No excuses if we miss out on Jacobs..

Josh Caddy was happy to go to either North, Geelong or another club cant remember which. He didnt nominate 1 club so GC got the best deal, that being Ablett compensation pick, not sure what we offered. No excuses if we miss out on Jacobs..
He hasn't openly nominated us so it is the exact situation as the Caddy deal. Essendon and St. Kilda are interested and can offer a better second round pick. Unless he has privately said I want to go to North, we will need to pull out another second rounder or satisfy Port with a player.

He hasn't openly nominated us so it is the exact situation as the Caddy deal. Essendon and St. Kilda are interested and can offer a better second round pick. Unless he has privately said I want to go to North, we will need to pull out another second rounder or satisfy Port with a player.
I hear ya its exactly the same scenario but according to all reports though he has nominated North, I sure hope so.

Knocks on his disposal i think, not sure what else

Spot on mate.

I didn't see him as a junior so when I see him stream out of the back half and hit Lachie/Drew lace out, I swear it makes me shake my head and laugh.
Man he must have worked his arse off to get his kicking up to that level. It's incredibly hard to kick to a lead coming straight at you when your going full pace. He was a master of it this year

Why did Atley slip to late first rounder, think he was rated top 5 or 10 pick?

The Bryce Lewis mind trick

3rfsoq.jpg
qm.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back