Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4 x All-Australian and 2 x Best and Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 10?

Mahoney is a wizard.
We gave up the equivalent of pick 6 for him alone, which incidentally is what we paid for May.

How we’ve assembled the GOAT backline in the history of the game:
  • The equivalent of pick 3 (10 in 2017 and 16 in 2018) for Lever and Petty.
  • Pick 2 (2013) for Salem, as well as Tyson (2014 - 2018) + Preuss (2019 - 2020) + B Brown (2021 onwards).
  • A mid second round pick (2015) for Hibberd
  • Tomlinson as a free agent
  • Hunt for pick 53 (2013)
  • Rivers for pick 32 (2019 after academies)

We gave up the equivalent of pick 6 for him alone, which incidentally is what we paid for May.

How we’ve assembled the GOAT backline in the history of the game:
  • The equivalent of pick 3 for Lever and Petty.
  • Pick 2 for Salem, as well as Tyson (2014 - 2018) + Preuss (2019 - 2020) + B Brown (2021 onwards).
  • A mid second round pick for Hibberd
  • Tomlinson as a free agent
  • Hunt for pick 53
  • Rivers for pick 32 (after academies)
But we ended up with Harry petty too out of the lever trade, and he might be the biggest goat out of all these other goats?

The king goat if you like. Billy petty

A buck amongst the kids.

But what did we pay for Joel Smith? Whaaaaaaat?
We take the piss out of him but just wait, he'll be good, remember how late he started and all the injuries.

We take the piss out of him but just wait, he'll be good, remember how late he started and all the injuries.

Still getting injured unfortunately. Doubt he survives list cuts this year, can't see him breaking into the side anytime soon. :(

Still getting injured unfortunately. Doubt he survives list cuts this year, can't see him breaking into the side anytime soon. :(
Yeah, won't play this year. But I really hope he gets rookie listed and can put a full preseason together.

Why? They already cleared him earlier in the week.
You Can't clear a corky like that a day or two after it happens. That wasn't a minor one. I've had a corky like that before and had a few weeks off. It looked bad. Rumblings around the more the week moves on that he is very doubtful. Would not be surprised to see him a late out..

You Can't clear a corky like that a day or two after it happens. That wasn't a minor one. I've had a corky like that before and had a few weeks off. It looked bad. Rumblings around the more the week moves on that he is very doubtful. Would not be surprised to see him a late out..

I'm not saying he won't be a late out but I haven't seen any rumblings anywhere and apparently he trained fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How Melbourne would it be for a star player to miss a game because of a collision which happened literally on the final siren lmao

When May returned as quickly as he did from a broken orbital bone, I said to myself “okay I got it... these guys are hockey players.” But if Trac misses this game I will be forced to retract that.

When May returned as quickly as he did from a broken orbital bone, I said to myself “okay I got it... these guys are hockey players.” But if Trac misses this game I will be forced to retract that.
Well it’s harder to get a contusion when you’re wearing pads

How Melbourne would it be for a star player to miss a game because of a collision which happened literally on the final siren lmao

Another moment of Trac not being clutch enough to avoid it. 😑

Remove this Banner Ad

Back