Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4 x All-Australian and 2 x Best and Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

You’d just love to see him totally bust a game apart from start to finish. Talking 25-35 touches and 4-6 goals. Know he’s capable of it. Doesn’t matter if it’s against a bottom side or not, but think once he delivers that it’ll give him the confidence to deliver at clutch week in, week out. Feel like he’s still sitting on that kind of performance.

Goal on the run in the 3rd = clutch
Hitting the post on the run in the last = 😥

The game was over by the time he hit the post in the last tbf.

Was pretty clutch last night imo. Fair play to the boy. 🤗

The game was over by the time he hit the post in the last tbf.

Was pretty clutch last night imo. Fair play to the boy. 🤗
Yeah he was huge. Maybe his biggest game in a big game, sometimes he doesn't play with the confidence, last night he knew he was good.

Media is all over Trac’s performance last night and yet there’s somehow still not enough love for how good it was. Just devastated Port in prime time.
One of his best games easy. Gets up for the big games.

Still just want to see him kick that bag of 5+. He needs a Colin Sylvia + Richmond/ Dusty + Brisbane style bunny.

35% disposal efficiency. worst on the team last night. lol.
For all the Brownlow talk for he and Oliver this will always be the knock on their game holding them back from being Bont/Dusty level guns. Both massacre the ball far too often. Oliver seemed better with his hands last night but kicking remains pus.
Trac will hit one laser pass in 50 kicks that folks froth over but overcook every hit up pass to a lead in a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Oliver was very good last night. Trac couldn't find his foot outside our first goal. never seen someone kick with their ankle as much as he does.

I reckon you could see Tracs bravado drop away and he played meek and weak footy in the second half.

named second best by afl.com for us, I look forward to goody giving him votes in the coaches votes too, possession counts are all that matters. :thumbsu:

The Bontempelli and Petracca comparison are light years apart. If I see another mention by the media I'll spew up.

Bont is an out and out superstar. The way he plays the game is seriously impressive to watch. He keeps his game simple, and does the team things so well.

Petracca can be a sloppy mess at times with his goal kicking and general disposal.

I thought Oliver was very good last night. Trac couldn't find his foot outside our first goal. never seen someone kick with their ankle as much as he does.

Oliver was big last night.

Trac was inefficient and lacked intensity - he's had a decent year, but very inconsistent week to week in terms of impact (not numbers)

Petracca *s with me so much, you see that first goal and you think s**t he's good. Like that's next level. Then he gets a clearance and misses a lead by 20m, drops his head and seems to lose his power in the next tackle because he has no confidence. Never seen a bloke who needs to work with a psych more than him

Interesting statistic tonight.

If petracca can have 108 more disposals over our next 3 games, and score 1 more goal, he will be just the second bloke behind Dangerfield to average 30 disposals and 1 goal a game over a season. The year Dangerfield averaged this (2016), he won the Brownlow. The other seasons a player has gone close to this mark are Dusty 2017 (29.8 and 1.5gpg) Dangerfield 2017) and Nat Fyfe in 2019 (29.4 and 0.8)

Interesting statistic tonight.

If petracca can have 108 more disposals over our next 3 games, and score 1 more goal, he will be just the second bloke behind Dangerfield to average 30 disposals and 1 goal a game over a season. The year Dangerfield averaged this (2016), he won the Brownlow. The other seasons a player has gone close to this mark are Dusty 2017 (29.8 and 1.5gpg) Dangerfield 2017) and Nat Fyfe in 2019 (29.4 and 0.8)
Having a bit of an under rated season

But he better not cost me money by pinching too many votes off Oliver on brownlow night

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
His season would be rated higher if less of those disposals he has amassed went to the opposition I reckon.
Yep, too 10 player in the league but does need to clean that up, his game against the bulldogs could have been outstanding but instead was ordinary based on the fact he kicked it to the opposition way to often, needs to be better by foot when he is in space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back