Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4 x All-Australian and 2 x Best and Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

Having a bit of an under rated season

Bug he better not cost me money by pinching too many votes off Oliver on brownlow night

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
I put 50 on petracca brownlow, into dees top 4, dogs to make top 8, Luke Jackson top 3 rising star, melb city to win a-league to win 175,000 before the season started.

So * clarry and his votes.

I put 50 on petracca brownlow, into dees top 4, dogs to make top 8, Luke Jackson top 3 rising star, melb city to win a-league to win 175,000 before the season started.

So fu** clarry and his votes.

This is going to be one of those bets they cancel a week before the payout lol.

So fu** clarry and his votes.
******* hell, what a bet

I was happy with my $50 on Oliver brownlow into Melbourne to make finals
51-1

Got a fair few other bonus bets on Oliver to bring my winnings to about $5k

Seems like a piece of piss compared to yours

Love Tracc and what he brings. He’ll be a top tenner in comp for the next five years. But at 25yo he has flaws that we’ll just have to live with. He gets bouts of the fumbles and *s up two out of five possessions. Still incredibly damaging though and probably our best player.

Bont will win Brownlow and rightly so. Been a class above everyone this year.

Love Tracc and what he brings. He’ll be a top tenner in comp for the next five years. But at 25yo he has flaws that we’ll just have to live with. He gets bouts of the fumbles and fu**s up two out of five possessions. Still incredibly damaging though and probably our best player.

Bont will win Brownlow and rightly so. Been a class above everyone this year.

Most Brownlow predictors have Bont and Clarry neck and neck so it will likely come down to the final three games. Will be a very entertaining Brownlow night.

Most Brownlow predictors have Bont and Clarry neck and neck so it will likely come down to the final three games. Will be a very entertaining Brownlow night.

Gambling agencies are the most accurate predictors. Check Sportsbet. Bont is a fairly short priced favourite.

Tracc and Clarry will divvy up the spoils too much for one or the other to win it.

Gambling agencies are the most accurate predictors. Check Sportsbet. Bont is a fairly short priced favourite.

Tracc and Clarry will divvy up the spoils too much for one or the other to win it.
Because the betting agencies know who the umpires have voted for

Because the betting agencies know who the umpires have voted for

I’m not saying it’s 100% certain but they don’t publish odds without solid analysis going into it. $2.25 for Bont as compared with $7 and $10 for Clarry and Tracc is a fair gap.

They don’t always get it right but they often do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting statistic tonight.

If petracca can have 108 more disposals over our next 3 games, and score 1 more goal, he will be just the second bloke behind Dangerfield to average 30 disposals and 1 goal a game over a season. The year Dangerfield averaged this (2016), he won the Brownlow. The other seasons a player has gone close to this mark are Dusty 2017 (29.8 and 1.5gpg) Dangerfield 2017) and Nat Fyfe in 2019 (29.4 and 0.8)

Goal a games good, 30 disposals don't mean a flying * to me. I'd take 30 Spargo or AnB disposals over Tracs.

Goal a games good, 30 disposals don't mean a flying fu** to me. I'd take 30 Spargo or AnB disposals over Tracs.
Yes and no.

Disposals are still a measurement. I agree that they are overrated on their own. But that's also a byproduct of teams overpossessing the ball, coaching and overly defensive game plans.

I'd rather our midfielders getting 30 disposals for us than the opposition getting 30. And I know you're implying it's what they do with them that counts, and I know you expect more of trac.. but he still regularly has 8-10 score involvements a game (leads the AFL in that stat too fyi).

Yes and no.

Disposals are still a measurement. I agree that they are overrated on their own. But that's also a byproduct of teams overpossessing the ball, coaching and overly defensive game plans.

I'd rather our midfielders getting 30 disposals for us than the opposition getting 30. And I know you're implying it's what they do with them that counts, and I know you expect more of trac.. but he still regularly has 8-10 score involvements a game (leads the AFL in that stat too fyi).
Remember when we beat the dogs? Pretty sure they had like 5 blokes gets 30 and we had 1 off the top of my head. 30 means jack s**t to me. How many handballs, how many clangers, how many clearances.

30 means literally nothing at all except you have decent fitness.

Remember when we beat the dogs? Pretty sure they had like 5 blokes gets 30 and we had 1 off the top of my head. 30 means jack sh*t to me. How many handballs, how many clangers, how many clearances.

30 means literally nothing at all except you have decent fitness.
can say that about most stats though cant ya? metres gained is a stupid 1. it shouldn't even be a stat. or if it is it should include the next possession as well or until we lose the ball. cause I'd rather a side ways handpass or kick that hits up a free player to move the ball forward under no pressure than a mid who just pumps it long and has 800m+ metres gained like its some awesome ******* stat like territory really matters in our game.

Cant beat a team guy like nib, plays his role well. Someone get that run down vs the Suns last week as an example of the dirty work that goes unnoticed most of the time.

Hes never going to be a star and that's fine with me, not all the list can be.

Cant beat a team guy like nib, plays his role well. Someone get that run down vs the Suns last week as an example of the dirty work that goes unnoticed most of the time.

Hes never going to be a star and that's fine with me, not all the list can be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back