Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4 x All-Australian and 2 x Best and Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

Viney and Jones have gotta be spending more time on ground than 75%
Averages:
  1. Petracca - 82%
  2. Jones - 81%
  3. Viney - 78%
  4. Oliver - 77%
  5. Tyson - 76%
Negligible differences, really. Petracca's obviously spending some time forward, but against West Coast, Adelaide, and Carlton where he has predominantly played midfield he's averaged 82-83% TOG.

Averages:
  1. Petracca - 82%
  2. Jones - 81%
  3. Viney - 78%
  4. Oliver - 77%
  5. Tyson - 76%
Negligible differences, really. Petracca's obviously spending some time forward, but against West Coast, Adelaide, and Carlton where he has predominantly played midfield he's averaged 82-83% TOG.

That's fine, Oliver still goes missing for quarters at a time and certainly can't play at the intensity Jones or Viney can all game yet. They are 2nd and 3rd year players both who had poor fitness upon arrival. Trac did an ACL and Oliver didn't start running till about a month before being drafted.

That's fine, Oliver still goes missing for quarters at a time and certainly can't play at the intensity Jones or Viney can all game yet. They are 2nd and 3rd year players both who had poor fitness upon arrival. Trac did an ACL and Oliver didn't start running till about a month before being drafted.
And yet both have on multiple occasions demonstrated that they can really lift in fourth quarters

That doesn't prove their fitness lol. Both go missing for whole quarters.
It doesn't prove their lack of fitness either, it's just the way they're being managed. Viney was going missing for quarters regularly at the start of the year before he hit form.

Last two weeks he has had 5 kicks and 28 handballs. What is wrong with him? Anyone heard something about him carrying an injury? For a guy who is such a good kick those numbers are a bit off (Averages 8.5 kicks and 10.3 handballs this season too). Also think he still needs to trim down a touch if he wants to play more midfield, like Salem you can really notice him tiring in games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last two weeks he has had 5 kicks and 28 handballs. What is wrong with him? Anyone heard something about him carrying an injury? For a guy who is such a good kick those numbers are a bit off (Averages 8.5 kicks and 10.3 handballs this season too). Also think he still needs to trim down a touch if he wants to play more midfield, like Salem you can really notice him tiring in games.

Blokes really not having any impact since the Pies game. Looks slow across the turf

Blokes really not having any impact since the Pies game. Looks slow across the turf

Basically a 2nd year player with 1 preseason, played every game, I reckon he is tiring.

I'm ******* excited to see what he does next year. Remember Colin Sylvia's good games? I reckon he could do that, but regularly.

Tiring because he's 21, did a knee two years ago, was always a bit overweight and hasn't had a week off since about round five last season.

Play the boy at FF tomorrow.

We are struggling to score since he has spent more time in the midfield. He is the answer.

Lets get back on trac

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Are you Brayshaw as we don't want it to end up a Melksham?
Im sure we dont want our season to be GAWN, however winning might be a STRETCH.

Im sure we dont want our season to be GAWN, however winning might be a STRETCH.

You must repent and Neal-for such-Bullen crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back