Player Watch #5 Jack Ross

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack is only 21. Has shown ability to play inside and outside and get decent possession stats.

He may not be terribly exciting at this stage but he has lots of moments where he catches my eye. Clever moments of underground handballs, nice side steps, good strength and his positioning to be an outlet has improved.

Just wish his mullet and moustache combo would come back

Agree. Can’t believe the crap I’ve read in this thread. He hits his target and is decent under pressure. I must be watching a different player lol. Oh wait, they must be getting a close view at home in their lounge after 12 beers. That must be it ;)

Can't have him and Graham in the same midfield with slow coaches like Edwards and Cotchin as well. He's becoming our poor man Dan Jackson and will play in a hell of a lot more losing sides than winning ones. A good 26-30 list player in a good team, but not in a developing team moving forward.

That’s disappointing.

He' showed something in the game before he was dropped and I was hoping he would get another opportunity. He's now looking more confident in his approach and efforts in playing his midfield role. He's now stronger around the arms and torso and starting to break tackles. A bit more power in his legs and he will become a good solid footballer. He's basically leaped passed RCD who will probably now be delisted.

Stronger, tougher, more powerful in 10 days?

My only problem with him was his disposal , but last week was fine and stay involved in games.We do need to make our mind up we're his position is through.

Change of mind? Quick.
. lol Where did you get 10 days from? Wasn't it you that bagged out MRJ one week after his 3 goal game , only to admit you were wrong the very next game??? :think:We all know bullshit is your forte', but just as well dates are recorded on individual posts.

I made this post on Ross on May 9th.
YES! WELL SAID. I thought he was just a run of the mill ball butcher and plodder, but watching him closely recently I can actually see him developing into very good midfielder.

Last edited:
. lol Where did you get 10 days from? Wasn't it you that bagged out MRJ one week after his 3 goal game , only to admit you were wrong the very next game??? :think:We all know bullshit is your forte', but just as well dates are recorded on individual posts.

YES! WELL SAID. I thought he was just a run of the mill ball butcher and plodder, but watching him closely recently I can actually see him developing into very good midfielder.
He hurt an ankle a couple of years ago when tripped by Fyfe (and then penalised for incorrect disposal resulting in a goal for them) He looks like he is moving more freely now. Daniel Rioli's ankle injury took a couple of years to heal properly.

Haha. I admitted I was wrong and it looks like you have too! Congrats big fella that’s real growth from you.

Haha. I admitted I was wrong and it looks like you have too! Congrats big fella that’s real growth from you.
I DID ADMIT IT YOUNG FELLA. The problem with social media is most people don't comprehend before they communicate with their keyboards.

here:

He' showed something in the game before he was dropped and I was hoping he would get another opportunity. He's now looking more confident in his approach and efforts in playing his midfield role. He's now stronger around the arms and torso and starting to break tackles. A bit more power in his legs and he will become a good solid footballer. He's basically leaped passed RCD who will probably now be delisted.

ross still a bit slow but looks a chance to make it with lambo struggling to ever be 100% again, shedda and cotch getting long in the tooth and presty and jack often battling with niggles.

we need a couple of mids who can take a strong overhead mark maybe jack needs to be encouraged to see if he's up to it - bolton, martin, makka and pickett get a tick and baker goes ok....but lambert, graham, cotch, shedda, hrs, dow and short hmmmm do their best work when the ball hits the deck.

another reason for us to try and get more midfield minutes into vlossy as he's a strong marking bull who can roost it 65m.

ross still a bit slow but looks a chance to make it with lambo struggling to ever be 100% again, shedda and cotch getting long in the tooth and presty and jack often battling with niggles.

we need a couple of mids who can take a strong overhead mark maybe jack needs to be encouraged to see if he's up to it - bolton, martin, makka and pickett get a tick and baker goes ok....but lambert, graham, cotch, shedda, hrs, dow and short hmmmm do their best work when the ball hits the deck.

another reason for us to try and get more midfield minutes into vlossy as he's a strong marking bull who can roost it 65m.
I doubt that Vlastuin will ever play as a mid again. It was tried a few times over the years and he always struggled. He is an elite intercept defender, not to mention is extremely good in the contest down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My only problem with him was his disposal , but last week was fine and stay involved in games.We do need to make our mind up we're his position is through.
For me it's his decision making. It's bad.

When there are so many other better options he keeps on taking on the risky kick, or sideways kick that opens us up the other way.

Last night he got away with at least 2 and only just.

Not too sure the footy IQ is great and you can't teach that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back