Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m no body language expert but shaking your head side to side and saying you’re committed to this footy club is sending mixed messages. Unless it’s just those damn flies up in Queensland.

The body language doesn't really apply here mate.

He could just as likely be doing that as a means to subconsciously express "no" in regards to the claims being put to him/and about him.

I don't think anyone ever doubted that he was a nice bloke, but what was so outstanding about that interview?

I didn't use the word outstanding, I said it confirmed he is quality.

For example, rather than running with "woe is me", he (rightly) noted that others are currently doing it harder. A lot of AFL players wouldn't be able to see past their own misfortune.

I didn't use the word outstanding, I said it confirmed he is quality.

For example, rather than running with "woe is me", he (rightly) noted that others are currently doing it harder. A lot of AFL players wouldn't be able to see past their own misfortune.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I don't think it was ever in doubt with most sane people.

The body language doesn't really apply here mate.

He could just as likely be doing that as a means to subconsciously express "no" in regards to the claims being put to him/and about him.
Unless you know the person, or have a couple of questions trying to simulate a response, reading body language like that is next to useless.

I just found it funny that was all.. was the cartoon yes went I meant no..

I've posted this before (upon his drafting) but if anyone thinks Brown anything other a top bloke they are wrong.

Grown up in the tougher suburbs of Hobart, made it the hard way on his own equally hard work. No fancy pathway from private school and TAC draft here......

People can make fun of him and family looks etc, that's their (immature) choice, but fact is he's been bloody good for us - so those writing him off and trade etc upsets me as so premature.

I understand kicked more goals (or close to it) than any other player in the league last 3 years in an average team.

Good luck Browny and immediate family personally and physically in various ways.

images.jpeg-163.jpg

Last edited:
Brown is a certifiable weapon. He kicked 180 in 3 years with a below average midfield. He’ll kick 80 if LDU, Scott, Thomas, Jy and Josh Kelly pop in 2023. Unless a top 5 pick is in the table, I’m keeping.
Nothing you say is incorrect (except the continuing fantasy re: Josh Kelly), but for the right deal (which isn't top 5), I'm trading - need the picks, and avoid big money contracts in the current climate

Nothing you say is incorrect (except the continuing fantasy re: Josh Kelly), but for the right deal (which isn't top 5), I'm trading - need the picks, and avoid big money contracts in the current climate
Yes, let's get rid of one of the best forwards in the game so we can draft the next Jimmy Toumpas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of very nice employers among posters here.

I would like to see him rehab professionally and get back on the field and show his wares.

Yeah, should take the Garner rehab approach on beers and bar fights as that works (Brown does extra work after training - his professionalism is unquestionable).

Yeah, should take the Garner approach on beers and bar fights as that works (Brown does extra work after training - his professionalism is unquestionable).
I'm not questioning Ben Browns professionalism, im questioning the calls to wrap it up for the season and send him home. Its bullshit.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

All I can say is I hope Ben stays with us. This year just hasn’t worked out but there are some good signs. We’re playing like Richmond did in 2016. Hopefully, we can replicate their effort the following year. Remember how bad Goldy looked in his down year?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trading Ben now would be peak stupidity.

Just 12 months ago the asking price for Brown would be 2x 1sts, one of which would need to be top 5. Why the hell would you ship him out now when his value is at his lowest?

I can't imagine that a smart operator like Brady would consider trading him out. It also gives us the image of being happy to dump players when they are going through a rough patch (both on and off field), which would make us substantially less appealing to FA's.

I reckon we'll back him in with a 3 year deal, rest him as much as possible for the rest of the season and reap the benefits when the league hopefully returns to normal next year.

Genuinely somewhat relieving to hear him interviewed and sound so calm and business-as-usual. Moreso simply to know that he's not figuratively curled up in a ball somewhere, rather than for the content of his interview.

He's looked so miserable on the field all year, and then with all the football and non-football related things to happen, it's just nice to see him standing tall and speaking well.
I reckon knowing he has an injury and will spend three weeks rehabbing is a blessing for him. Hence he’s relaxed. Also it was 27 in south east Queensland today.
Brown is a certifiable weapon. He kicked 180 in 3 years with a below average midfield. He’ll kick 80 if LDU, Scott, Thomas, Jy and Josh Kelly pop in 2023. Unless a top 5 pick is in the table, I’m keeping.
Bidding war. Pies, *, Lions, Demons would love him. Tell them 2 firsts thanks and work from there, cause why the * not.

I reckon knowing he has an injury and will spend three weeks rehabbing is a blessing for him. Hence he’s relaxed. Also it was 27 in south east Queensland today.

Bidding war. Pies, *, Lions, Demons would love him. Tell them 2 firsts thanks and work from there, cause why the fu** not.
Winter is the best season in sth East Qld.
Cool evenings, mornings. Sun hitting 9am pretty good. Oceans and views are crystal clear.
The odd day here or there where you keep your hoody on all day.
With days warm enough at times you can get a tan if your outdoors. And rug up in the evening.

If you hate humidity, then winter is the best season but doesn't last long enough

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back