Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s had two of the best exponents at scratching scrapping and doing everything they can to stop you over the last two weeks!

Clearly exhausted yesterday, but overcame them and will be better for it this week

Edit: he ran 1.5km more than any other player yesterday

And had 100% TOG. Not too many players do that anymore....

Like I said in the autopsy thread, I was sitting level 1 in the pocket and Benny hyperextended his knee late in the second and could barely move after that.

I don’t blame him for missing those shots the poor bloke was struggling to walk let alone kick straight

Round 8

1 Ben Brown -26
2 Luke Breust - 23
3 Jack Darling - 22
4 Jesse Hogan - 20
5 Jack Riewoldt - 19
5 Jeremy Cameron - 19
Watch him open up the comp after the bye
Our fixture is as weak as Rance in a contest when we return

Well, that’s lovely. What an impressive answer to a genuine question. :rolleyes: If that’s the best you could come up with, why did you even bother replying?
Maybe because your passive aggressive sentence structure doesn't warrant a proper response.

The big fella is leading the Coleman, so you would think the opposition teams are scouting him and training to curb his influence ten times as much as they were before.

It's like a midfielder having a break out season and getting the hard tag for the first time in their career, it's not easy at first but the gun players work their way through it.

I have faith in Big Ben, he'll be fine.

Maybe because your passive aggressive sentence structure doesn't warrant a proper response.

Maybe because you appear to have little respect for women so are unable to provide a thoughtful and respectful response. (And if you find that passively aggressive, so be it). Your response however confirms my initial thoughts about your original post though so thanks for that. o_O

Maybe because you appear to have little respect for women so are unable to provide a thoughtful and respectful response. (And if you find that passively aggressive, so be it). Your response however confirms my initial thoughts about your original post though so thanks for that. o_O
Whatever you say, if it helps you sleep at night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping all the noise about blocking in contests will help Benny over the next few weeks. It's a blight on the game but it hurts him and Waite (and Maj, when he was forward) as much as anyone in the comp.

I'm tipping 5 or 6 goals this week.

How much of it is just working over defenders making them run back and forth and tiring them out?
Interesting point.

When I played local footy, as a forward, we were always told to try and keep our defenders busy and create movement. Not only to tire them, but mess with their structures and strengthen ours. The results were staggering. I think we scored like +80% of our goals from forwards leading. One in particular would finish with 8+. On a good day.

I remember playing forward in a very open forward line and running around a bit, ball comes in, and couldn't believe how much room I had to work with. Kicked two goals in a minute. Obviously, this is not impressive considering we were playing in a s**t division but it was something that always cracks the 'extra man' structure. Move around, you take others with you.

Also, when moving around, the extra man tends to follow the player that is most active assuming that player is most dangerous. So it becomes 1v1 again inside 50 if, say, I leave the 50 to my teammates. Our loose now becomes a threat on the wing, hits me up, I go and hit a 1v1 lead and the rest is history.

Being a defender is one of the most daunting tasks on the field because you have to put your body in those contests, run, chase, and spoil or intercept. That s**t is tiring 100%!

Making defenders move is also not as easy as it sounds. If that defender is smart, he might let that player go up the ground and double-team the receiver. Richmond did this quite a bit. And Waite though he was always drawing attention but that wasn't the case every time. However, if the other team is smarter, short kicks and manic running into the 50 can seriously make defenders run like headless chickens trying to comprehend what the * they are supposed to do.

A football tactic might have or start with two outcomes, but those outcomes lead to several others. The cause and effect simply does not end until a goal is kicked.

To win a premiership, it really does take the brains, skills, fitness, and aggressiveness to win it. It is not one or two and forget the rest. It is all of them.

And luck :D.

Like I said in the autopsy thread, I was sitting level 1 in the pocket and Benny hyperextended his knee late in the second and could barely move after that.

I don’t blame him for missing those shots the poor bloke was struggling to walk let alone kick straight

Yet he ran 15kms.

Beast.

Ben on Marngrook. Interesting that he's gone full vegan this year after going almost veg last year. Seems to be working for him from an athletic point of view.

maybe he can get etihad to start serving some vegan options. that'd be good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back