Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown is one of those guys that go for the footy. Buddy Franklin is another. Brown's game is about leading to the ball and marking at it's highest point and not trying to outmuscle his opponent.

Brown is one of those guys that go for the footy. Buddy Franklin is another. Brown's game is about leading to the ball and marking at it's highest point and not trying to outmuscle his opponent.

Exactly.

So how do his opponents always get away with engaging him, wrapping their arms around him and blocking his run? It’s crap.

One of the reasons people talk about changing the rules is because they want forwards kicking bags again.
But if you paid forwards (eg:Brown) the frees they deserve then it would start to happen.

He gets friggen tackled, arms chopped pretty much every time he goes near it.

One of the reasons people talk about changing the rules is because they want forwards kicking bags again.
But if you paid forwards (eg:Brown) the frees they deserve then it would start to happen.

He gets friggen tackled, arms chopped pretty much every time he goes near it.

Watch Rance on Sunday, he is one of the worst at it. He’ll be holding onto him all game (if he actually plays on him)

As soon as an arm goes around the waist, pay a kick.

As soon as an arm is grabbed. Pay a kick.

That s**t will clean up quick smart if it starts costing teams goals every time.

That’s the point isn’t it, pay them and it will be fixed in a week.

Has lost a little bit of form since the second half of the Hawks game, marks are not sticking as well as before.
Richmond will get away with all sorts of holding, especially the AFL poster child Alexandra Rance

Just a question, why do you have to use a girl’s name as a put-down?

It boggles the mind that this isn't the norm competition wide considering the almost universal slip in goal kicking accuracy standards. Ben spoke about it on one of the tv shows recently, stating "repetition is the key. It works for me."
In other words, Victoria Amat Curam.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else reckon he's a wee bit off the boil? Not majorly, but just not at his absolute best.
He SHANKED that last set shot, which he NEVER does.

Mental thing. Putting too much pressure on himself I think. I guess it comes with setting such high standards for himself.

He’ll be right, he’ll kick 5+ next week

He rushed the last kick.
Went back, had the runner in his ear to let him know there was 90 seconds left, had missed the previous one, crowd heckling him - he’ll learn from it.
No Phil Davis next week too

He rushed the last kick.
Went back, had the runner in his ear to let him know there was 90 seconds left, had missed the previous one, crowd heckling him - he’ll learn from it.
No Phil Davis next week too
Yep. Usually has a few seconds at the top of the run-up but barely had one this time. A routine is a routine and you need to do it every time and unfortunately it was one of the things that cost us dearly.

Still love him, though.

The missed shots is one of those things - tells nothing about his form. But missing a couple of marks when in position A, tells us he’s not quite at the top of his game. Hopefully that changes next week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As soon as an arm goes around the waist, pay a kick.

As soon as an arm is grabbed. Pay a kick.

That s**t will clean up quick smart if it starts costing teams goals every time.

Here's the thing mate, contact should be allowed when two players are wrestling under the high ball, I have no problem with that, but when a player is impeded from going for a contest on a lead it is a clear act of interference and should be pinged every time. The umpires have let this become worse increasingly every season.

Does he usually wobble the ball from side to side during his run in, I haven't noticed it before... usually bet the house on him kicking most things better than a 45 degree angle.

Here's the thing mate, contact should be allowed when two players are wrestling under the high ball, I have no problem with that, but when a player is impeded from going for a contest on a lead it is a clear act of interference and should be pinged every time. The umpires have let this become worse increasingly every season.

I was watching the * v Blues game on Saturday and i reckon i could've paid 8 free kicks to the Carlton forwards for this exact thing.

It's becoming a joke and will eventually eliminate certain types of players from the game if you don't start policing it correctly.

He’s had two of the best exponents at scratching scrapping and doing everything they can to stop you over the last two weeks!

Clearly exhausted yesterday, but overcame them and will be better for it this week

Edit: he ran 1.5km more than any other player yesterday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back