Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be come cheaper to make meat than grow it.

By definition lab grown meat will be vegan.

People could be vegan and eat bacon.

Definitely helps with the ethical concerns.
Maybe with environmental concerns too (depending on how much energy is required to produce the meat)
It won't really help people who are vegan for health reasons.

I just noticed
We have 1 Ben who gets his power from plants
1 Ben who thrives on choccy milk
And 1 Ben who eats the souls of his enemies

Quite the eclectic palette range

(Human) Souls would still be vegan though yeah? I've been veg for years and always assured people I'd be fine in an emergency cannibal type situation before eyeballing them and explaining that just because I like animals doesn't mean I like people.

They soon got it? :think:

(Human) Souls would still be vegan though yeah? I've been veg for years and always assured people I'd be fine in an emergency cannibal type situation before eyeballing them and explaining that just because I like animals doesn't mean I like people.

They soon got it? :think:

Haha I've always explained that I'm not veg because I love animals... I'm veg because I HATE PLANTS!

Definitely helps with the ethical concerns.
Maybe with environmental concerns too (depending on how much energy is required to produce the meat)
It won't really help people who are vegan for health reasons.

I'm actually surprised test tube meat hasn't taken off faster. Or for that matter controlled indoor agriculture. At the rate we're going climate-wise, as a species we'll starve to death because we aren't going to be able to grow food. As a weird side note on that, I loved the murky indoor cultivation of grubs as a protein source in the new Blade Runner movie. Could be what we have to look forward too! Yikes. I'll take test tube meat thanks.

For the record you can make a damn tasty bacon substitute with rice paper, liquid smoke, paprika and a fryer.

Or you could just kill and chop up a pig.

I'm actually surprised test tube meat hasn't taken off faster. Or for that matter controlled indoor agriculture. At the rate we're going climate-wise, as a species we'll starve to death because we aren't going to be able to grow food. As a weird side note on that, I loved the murky indoor cultivation of grubs as a protein source in the new Blade Runner movie. Could be what we have to look forward too! Yikes. I'll take test tube meat thanks.

There is no shortage of food. A 10% reduction in meat intake would create enough extra food to end world hunger.
The problem is we feed all the food we grow to livestock. You can feed 18 vegans with the same volume of land as 1 omnivore.
That said, not sure how I would feel about lab grown meat, I already find the soy mock meat weird xD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no shortage of food. A 10% reduction in meat intake would create enough extra food to end world hunger.
The problem is we feed all the food we grow to livestock. You can feed 18 vegans with the same volume of land as 1 omnivore.
That said, not sure how I would feel about lab grown meat, I already find the soy mock meat weird xD

Oh, yes, most definitely agree Stiffarm! Sorry, I should've made more clear that I was thinking about down the road future - like 30 or 40 years from now when we talk about meeting whatever emissions targets get projected. You know, how govts are always saying they'll have "20 percent less emissions by 2050!" like it's some kind of sales advert, and my immediate response is "We haven't got that long." My fear is that we will in the not too distant future have so radically altered our planet's climate that we can no longer grow enough food. Massive crop failure due to heat/drought/flood/soil depletion, etc.
We are closer to the tipping point that most people seem to be concerned about.

To all your well-articulated and very true points though, I DO say to people (if asked) that the most important reason to consider a plant-based diet is that it is one of the very biggest ways to reduce your carbon footprint. Do it for the planet.

And yes, I agree, all those fake meat things are weird. I don't eat them. (And don't even get me started on the fake cheese!)

But hey - this is the BBB thread! What a match from him tonight!! Absolute star!!

Browny is the best thing that came out of that Werribee alignment.

I can’t imagine he would have been in North colours except that we had up close access to him at Werribee.

Still remember a lot of the WTF comments when we drafted him. Lol
5 years is a long time but the first page is fun reading in hindsight. "Would play in front of Tarrant" before the biggest career resurrection for us this decade.

5 years is a long time but the first page is fun reading in hindsight. "Would play in front of Tarrant" before the biggest career resurrection for us this decade.
I thought Tarrant was cooked a few years ago, but even though I thought Brown would be a solid footballer, never thought he would reach this level.

5 goals in that third today is the realm of super stardom!

After a 3 possession first half to come out like that and grab the game by the balls like he did. ****in huge!

Dare I say it - Careyesque.

I expect my posts on Larkey to receive double the perceived contempt.
I was just reading the Brown thread from the start and it makes great reading.

I put a fork in Tarrant a few years back, talk about egg in your face lol

Always been a Brown fan, his enthusiasm and work ethic is what won me over initially, but the guy has taken his football to a whole new level.

What’s best about it is that he isn’t a tosser to go with it.

Biggest bag in a quarter for North since Drewie?

They kept him quiet when they had him two out, but it was a different story one out.
Commented during the game that Mohr had no answers to him 1 on 1, only ever contested when he had a mate hanging off the other side of Brown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back