Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

He got offered a very good deal from North and he didn't take it and his manager stuffed up the negotiations at every step expecting North would blink first and we didn't.

That's what happened, it's a shame in some ways but in others it was a blessing in disguise.

We'll see how this trade pans out for Melbourne in the near future, I think North will be vindicated in their decision in the long run. You're a top North man Ben, wish you all the best at the Dees.

In the Member's Q&A it was interesting when they discussed keeping in front of the trends happening in AFL. In this case, it was probably in reference to pressure acts in the F50. I suspect this is why Turner and Garner got new contracts.

In the Member's Q&A it was interesting when they discussed keeping in front of the trends happening in AFL. In this case, it was probably in reference to pressure acts in the F50. I suspect this is why Turner and Garner got new contracts.

Pretty much, and that's another reason North sleeps well at night with their decision, aside from Comben and Larkey being our next prospects, its hard being a tall forward these days and Brown has been pretty much figured out by now by every team.

Telling it like it is is hardly shitting on a club champion.

If you think Corey told it like it is your are delusional.

Nobody is saying Brown is Carey but Carey was payed a million dollars 20 years ago, Brown asking for more than 850k with today’s TPP for shouldn’t be seen as a stretch.

More goals in a 3 year period than any player in the league.
3rd, 2nd and 2nd in the Coleman (Thanks Suns)
3 consecutive years in the AA squad.

Melbourne got away with a steal.

Only 1 club interested in Brown. According to Brady.

In the end Brown signed a reported deal of 550k per year. Daniher is getting 850k and Cameron around 1m. I think the pick we got equals the contract offer he received.

I wish Brown all the best however at the same time I believe the club made the right call.
Reality check for Rama and brown
Afl world doesn’t rate him

and if you are going to ask for more make sure another club will pay you that too before knocking it back

If you think Corey told it like it is your are delusional.

Nobody is saying Brown is Carey but Carey was payed a million dollars 20 years ago, Brown asking for more than 850k with today’s TPP for shouldn’t be seen as a stretch.

More goals in a 3 year period than any player in the league.
3rd, 2nd and 2nd in the Coleman (Thanks Suns)
3 consecutive years in the AA squad.

Melbourne got away with a steal.
Nice selective "facts" no mention of the offer BBB rejected, the putrid season BBB had this year or the change in direction for the list.

Harden up princess and accept that some criticism of BBB is not shitting on a club champion.

Only 1 club interested in Brown. According to Brady.

In the end Brown signed a reported deal of 550k per year. Daniher is getting 850k and Cameron around 1m. I think the pick we got equals the contract offer he received.

I wish Brown all the best however at the same time I believe the club made the right call.
850K for Daniher looks so risky. That's a hell of a lot of cap space tied up in one player who's hardly got on the park the last 3 years.

It does say something though, that the Lions chose to pursue him, and pay him that much, instead of Brown who was asking for the same, had only 1 suitor, and for a lot less money.

"When that freeze ended, North Melbourne had changed their view on what they wanted to do"

Yeah, our view was we didn't think he was worth 850K at 4 years guaranteed. Neither did any other team.

If he'd taken our 850K at 3 years, he would have still been ahead financially at 550K over 4 years. Poor decision, financially at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is inaccurate about what Corey said?

He had 3 outstanding seasons and was offered a very good contract, he refused then proceeded to have a poor season. Just as good performances in a contract year the same principle applies to a poor year.

Corey was spot on in the comment. Hardly shitting on a club champion and while we are on the subject, Is he a club champion?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah he ******* is!

Don’t get me wrong he has been a fantastic player but club champion I’m not sure

Don’t get me wrong he has been a fantastic player but club champion I’m not sure

Not now.

But if he played his whole career with us, he was a legitimate chance to finish second on our all-time goal kicking list*, which would have put him in the conversation as an all-time club great.

*Would need to average 2.31 goals over 100 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back