Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis [Part II] - NM trade JHF & #1 for Sheezel, Wardlaw, CHarvey & PA 2023 1st - you were never one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

This prick got paid more than any 19 year old would normally get, and they might never see that kinda money in a lifetime. All just to kick a footy around in Melbourne, a short plane ride away from SA.

Spare me the sob stories and trying to see it his way, he’s a soft f*cking prick, and I don’t buy that story about it being some grand plan all along, because that implies the dumb hick was smart enough to put on an act all year without slipping up. Never mind that he said a lot of sweet nothings about the club and the new coach.

What’s the vibe in SA? Is there questions being asked why a kid is claiming homesickness won’t go to one club in a two team town?

Doesn’t make a lot of sense, if the reasons are homesickness.

The question why he has only nominated Port is a pretty simple one. The Crows committed quite some time ago to Rankine - and he's costing them at least their first round pick and probably a steak knives type future 3rd. So even if JHF nominated the state and was happy to go to either club, given the Crows can't offer two first round picks as a starting point, it's safe to think that Port would have the better offer on the table for North to pick anyway.

It's stock standard for a player to nominate only one club even when they cite homesickness. Chris Judd nominated Carlton. Dangerfield nominated Geelong. Tom Boyd nominated the Bulldogs. I personally can't recall many (if any) homesick type trades in which the player returning to their home state has nominated the state only and told their existing club they'll go to any club in their nominated state.

The power lies far too much with the players. I am in favour of a model whereby a player is to nominate a specific state if citing homelessness, with the onus on the incumbent club then to get the best deal for them. But even that's a headache because the player needs to agree to contractual terms with the new club. So the only way to get around that is if the AFL were to adopt a US sports model where players are traded and their contracts are simply transferred from one team to another.

The question why he has only nominated Port is a pretty simple one. The Crows committed quite some time ago to Rankine - and he's costing them at least their first round pick and probably a steak knives type future 3rd. So even if JHF nominated the state and was happy to go to either club, given the Crows can't offer two first round picks as a starting point, it's safe to think that Port would have the better offer on the table for North to pick anyway.

It's stock standard for a player to nominate only one club even when they cite homesickness. Chris Judd nominated Carlton. Dangerfield nominated Geelong. Tom Boyd nominated the Bulldogs. I personally can't recall many (if any) homesick type trades in which the player returning to their home state has nominated the state only and told their existing club they'll go to any club in their nominated state.

The power lies far too much with the players. I am in favour of a model whereby a player is to nominate a specific state if citing homelessness, with the onus on the incumbent club then to get the best deal for them. But even that's a headache because the player needs to agree to contractual terms with the new club. So the only way to get around that is if the AFL were to adopt a US sports model where players are traded and their contracts are simply transferred from one team to another.
If they are citing homelessness I think the club they go to is the least of their concerns ;)

1E33CD4E-A0F0-4B5B-A547-0A9A7B5E8FF1.jpeg

This prick got paid more than any 19 year old would normally get, and they might never see that kinda money in a lifetime. All just to kick a footy around in Melbourne, a short plane ride away from SA.

Spare me the sob stories and trying to see it his way, he’s a soft f*cking prick, and I don’t buy that story about it being some grand plan all along, because that implies the dumb hick was smart enough to put on an act all year without slipping up. Never mind that he said a lot of sweet nothings about the club and the new coach.
His Manager and Port would have done all the thinking here and he did slip up.

Do you think all the little outbursts and misdemeanours were just coincidental?

Have you ever know a first year player trying to make his mark at a club flatly refuse to do his rehab if he is invested in his footy career and that club? All reports is this kid is very invested in his footy career, so that makes absolutely no sense at all unless you are purposely trying to piss people off.

Most first year players are that keen to impress that it’s jump, how high do you want me to jump? Arguing with senior players of the club, is not normal behaviour for a first year player. He is either the most delusional and arrogant first year player in the history of the game or he was out the door before he even arrived.

He was dropped for the Adelaide game because the reports were he was pulling this s**t all year. It took Patch to say enough is enough, because Noble was out of his depth.

We will never know but there are a lot of questions how this has gone down and it’s not hard to connect the dots given what happened all year.

Last edited:
If they are citing homelessness I think the club they go to is the least of their concerns ;)
Also Adelaide being into Rankine is bullshit. If he said I just want to go back to SA, you don’t think Adelaide wouldn’t be trying to move heaven and earth to make it happen.

It’s always been Port, this move has been in the works for a very long time. You don’t just magically put 4 year offers of $800k in front of a contracted first year player, unless you have been planning this from a long way out.

His Manager and Port would have dibd all the thinking here. He did slip up.

Have you ever know a first year player trying to make his mark at a club flatly refuse to do his rehab if he has any desires to want to be at that club?

Most first year players are that keen to impress that it’s jump, how high do you want me to jump? Arguing with senior players of the club, is not normal behaviour for a first year player. He is either the most delusional and arrogant first year player in the history of the game or he was out the door before he even arrived.

He was dropped for the Adelaide game because the reports were he was pulling this s**t all year. It took Patch to say enough is enough, because Noble was out of his depth.

We will never know but there are a lot of questions how this has gone down and it’s not hard to connect the dots given what happened all year.

Occam’s razor mate.

it’s way more likely that it comes down to him being a genuine sook who would only show ‘leadership’ like qualities as was touted in his draft year if things went his way. Which is what sooks do.

I don’t buy it. Connecting dots doesn’t mean the dots are really there, that’s partly what makes a conspiracy a conspiracy.

His Manager and Port would have done all the thinking here. He did slip up.

Have you ever know a first year player trying to make his mark at a club flatly refuse to do his rehab if he has any desires to want to be at that club?

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Occam’s razor mate.

it’s way more likely that it comes down to him being a genuine sook who would only show ‘leadership’ like qualities as was touted in his draft year if things went his way. Which is what sooks do.

I don’t buy it. Connecting dots doesn’t mean the dots are really there, that’s partly what makes a conspiracy a conspiracy.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised and not in a good way, how his behaviour will do a full 180 at Port.

I don’t buy the story to be honest. Too many instances of trying to piss people off for it to be settling in issues.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
We will see.

When things don’t match up there is very good reason to question.

The personality of the JHF we got this year was in direct contradiction to all the reports pre draft about how he goes about his business and his character.

It’s like they are two totally different people. As I said I watched a few South Adelaide games and none of his onfield blowups and body language we saw with us was on display.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wot?

It happened this year.

And yet Melbourne are only negotiating with Freo because he's agreed to terms with them. West Coast haven’t even been close to being in the picture.

At this time of year everything is about optics and ensuring everyone comes out the other side looking good in the eyes of their fans.

So Silvagni was right all long about JHF.

bd1d4609ceb53b2b9328ce846ae14b03

The thing that really sh*ts me. Horne Francis would’ve had plenty of discussions with us in the lead up to being drafted. At anytime he could’ve just been honest and told us his preference would be to remain in SA.

We would’ve then been able work through deals for that number 1 pick and when the Crows offer came we could’ve accepted that.

Now we are left with egg on our face and scrambling for a half cooked solution.

And yet Melbourne are only negotiating with Freo because he's agreed to terms with them. West Coast haven’t even been close to being in the picture.

At this time of year everything is about optics and ensuring everyone comes out the other side looking good in the eyes of their fans.

What is your view of the optics of a club poaching a no1 draft pick within his first year, then expecting his club to take dregs in return?

You still don't get it. Port lit this fire, so they must OVERPAY to put it out. It's not a question of a fair deal on both sides, you pay overs or we go back to status quo, i.e. we keep our contracted no 1.

You can bleat about us losing value if he stays another year, but I don't buy that. Even if we do lose some value, he probably never plays for Port if you don't swing it this year and I think that's adequate karma for you guys causing this steaming pile of s**t.

Best part about this is fiery tazaa. Loving the emotion
It’s the fiercely loyal trait of supporting this club.
I will go to the end of the earth to defend someone like Duck, even when he’s so blatantly in the wrong yet he is still blue and white.

But this campaigner wants to bail, after what 7 months? It’s not even a full year. We have to remember he only moved here in January full time. He came for a couple weeks after he was drafted in late November then went back home for Christmas.
Then came back in January when full training began and left again late August. 7 lousy months. His heart was never in it.

So f*** him. I can guarantee he’ll make his mrs go pack his things and drive it back home to Adelaide for him and he’ll mail the spare key back to Curtis just so he doesn’t have to show his face. The f****** pussy

Last edited:

Jackson's contract is about to expire btw. Speaking of optics what do you think of David Kock bragging about all of this?

So we spoke with the managers of a whole bunch of Victorian Port players. Butters being one. Sinn also. We apparently also also spoke with Bonner out of due dilligence.

So channel 9 Adelaide now says North has spoken with Bonner and are running with 8, future 1st and Bonner will get it done.

No you dickheads. That’s not how it works.

Last edited:

Correct. Which is why accepting 8,f1 & Bonner as the trade would be a terrible outcome for our club considering how much we have been smacked around and had to go through this year. Historically we don't have many players request trades away either, and the way this has played out has made a lot of supporters very very angry.

What is your view of the optics of a club poaching a no1 draft pick within his first year, then expecting his club to take dregs in return?

You still don't get it. Port lit this fire, so they must OVERPAY to put it out. It's not a question of a fair deal on both sides, you pay overs or we go back to status quo, i.e. we keep our contracted no 1.

You can bleat about us losing value if he stays another year, but I don't buy that. Even if we do lose some value, he probably never plays for Port if you don't swing it this year and I think that's adequate karma for you guys causing this steaming pile of s**t.

I think there's a lot to unpack here. It's a shrewd move from Port there's no doubting that. At the same time, it says a lot about the current state of North. You'd like to think that you can put a strong enough philosophy, culture, whatever you want to call it such that your #1 pick isn't looking for an exit 1 year into his initial deal. You can say that this is Port's "fault" all you like, but I'm sure you could agree that there would have been plenty of instances in which teams have tried to poach top players after a single year and those players have said "thanks but no thanks."

No one lost any sleep when Tom Boyd was poached by the Bulldogs at the end of 2014 after having spent just the 1 year at GWS after being drafted #1 overall. The same will happen here and everyone will move on eventually.

Jackson's contract is about to expire btw. Speaking of optics what do you think of David Kock bragging about all of this?

My thoughts on Koch have long been documented. He has his finger on the pulse more than many realise but he needs to shut up in the media about Port because on that front he is a blubbering embarrassment. He seemingly carries his TV breakfast personality over to media spots when discussing AFL matters and it truly is terrible.

Correct. Which is why accepting 8,f1 & Bonner as the trade would be a terrible outcome for our club considering how much we have been smacked around and had to go through this year. Historically we don't have many players request trades away either, and the way this has played out has made a lot of supporters very very angry.

The deal was almost done Sunday night prior to all the news breaking which at the time was pick 8 and a future first rounder. It's easy to demand Butters, Georgiades and a slew of first round picks, but anyone rationally looking at the situation knows it won't happen. Rightly or wrongly, this deal will get done. It will probably end up being unders for what North would ideally want but they'll still sell the high picks and change as a win given the circumstances, and can potentially on trade those picks for established players.
If I was a North fan there'd probably be a small part of me saying no deal he can suck it up here next season and then move on - but logically that only slows down North's rebuild given he's out the door in 12 months anyway.

It’s the fiercely loyal trait of supporting this club.
I will go to the end of the earth to defend Duck even when he’s so blatantly in the wrong, but he’s still blue and white.

But this campaigner wants to bail after what 7 months? It’s not even a full year. He only moved here in January full time yeh. Came for a couple weeks after he was drafted then went back home for Christmas.
Then came back in January and left against late August. 7 lousy months. His heart was never in it.

So * him. I can guarantee he’ll make his mrs go pack his things and drive it back home for him and he’ll mail the spare key back to Curtis. The f****** pussy
Agree 100%

Love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back