#6 Luke Jackson - Going west (life is peaceful there)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do WA boys always tend to be the ones that want to go back home? Or is it just me?

Seems to happen far less for SAs and QLDers
I would certainly put Vic Metro boys then WA.

Funny enough the more I thought about your comment regarding SA and QLD boys, the more that you are right in terms we barely have go home factor with those states.

When was the last time we lost a SA lad to home sickness? Scott Thompson??

I would certainly put Vic Metro boys then WA.

Funny enough the more I thought about your comment regarding SA and QLD boys, the more that you are right in terms we barely have go home factor with those states.

When was the last time we lost a SA lad to home sickness? Scott Thompson??

Yea , Tomo bout the only significant one I can remember. That one hurt too. Was always going to have a very good career.

We haven't had any good South Aussies really have we?

Not off the top of my head, but ANB and Sparrow had the option this year and stayed despite being promised nothing in terms of playing time.

Not off the top of my head, but ANB and Sparrow had the option this year and stayed despite being promised nothing in terms of playing time.
I thought no one wanted them haha.

It's true about the dubbya guys, bunch of soft utensils.

I thought no one wanted them haha.

It's true about the dubbya guys, bunch of soft utensils.

They are some really weird kids. Almost like they are from another country.

Can't be home sick when you've already gone through all of the local talent lol

Craig Turley did for us in the 90s after one year. Another Western Australian weirdo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Jamar was South Australian wasn't he? And an All Australian? He would be our last SA star, not Tomo.

Yes to both after checking google. I'm pretty good. 🤗

Agree. I got over the idea of good players leaving long ago. If they want out ship them out ASAP (Although I seriously doubt Jackson leaves anytime soon).

Yep, all you're doing by holding them to a contract is potentially losing trade value re : injury and drop off in form cause their heart ain't in it.

It's good business practice also in regards to player managers and being in their good books for future deals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back