#6 Luke Jackson - Going west (life is peaceful there)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not bad , so we’ve gone from a rumour to he can fu** off if he doesn’t want to stay in only a page . Very impressive. I wonder what a red blooded 19 yo male might be wanting some privacy for huh. ?

I wasnt saying I dont want, just if wants out don't bother holding onto against his will. * him off, cash in and move on.

We'd be looking at two first minimum for a return I'd think, would prefer to trade him to Freo in the hopes of his career going unfulfilled.
He supported Freo as a kid, not WCE. I'm not sure either WA club is a viable option. Do WCE want to give up bulk picks with an aging list, and after recently giving up so many for Kelly? Do Freo want to do the same given where they're at?

He supported Freo as a kid, not WCE. I'm not sure either WA club is a viable option. Do WCE want to give up bulk picks with an aging list, and after recently giving up so many for Kelly? Do Freo want to do the same given where they're at?
Mate, when a bloke as good as Jackson nominates your club you find a way

I'll take Oscar Allen + a first if we have to . :)

There's obviously a bit more to it. Could be as simple as the club have been given feedback from the Bradshaw's that he simply isn't mature enough in moving out with friends or by himself.

Was only a few weeks ago Angus's mum was stating that they were initially shocked just how much they had to really start from scratch with Rivers and Jackson with small thing such as learning to make their bed, cook for themselves and cleaning up as well.
I’m not sure the club can say who is and who isn’t mature enough to make decisions on where and who they want to live with.

Seems a bit contradictory doesn't it? He's homesick, missing his mates, but has a friend from WA in Rivers he now wants to move out from?
I’m sure it’s not Rivers that he’s trying to get away from. I’d personally find it weird living with someone else’s parents, especially if they keep telling me to make my bed, I want my freedom.

I’m not sure the club can say who is and who isn’t mature enough to make decisions on where and who they want to live with.

I’m sure it’s not Rivers that he’s trying to get away from. I’d personally find it weird living with someone else’s parents, especially if they keep telling me to make my bed, I want my freedom.
Probably cops a ribbing from Gus and the older boys aswell. Like during the team meeting "an Dogga btw mum asked if you could clean ya room thanks"

An assured way of keeping him here is finding him a Melb lass. This state is full of chicks looking to be a WAG. Surely between us all here we know of someone! Maybe we can deliver her to the club wrapped up in a bow!. Kind of like what thst Richmond supporter did sending the chicken hearts or the tray full of manure, except this is a more positive gift :)

You can absolutely see both sides on this one. Goatson wants to leave "mum and dads" house so he can capitalise on being tall, athletic and well paid, whereas the club have seen first hand what's gone on with the likes of Hogan and Watts, so they want to avoid that at all costs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can absolutely see both sides on this one. Goatson wants to leave "mum and dads" house so he can capitalise on being tall, athletic and well paid, whereas the club have seen first hand what's gone on with the likes of Hogan and Watts, so they want to avoid that at all costs.

Gotta let him leave (Mr and Mrs Brayshaw) if he wants to, I'd be pissed too honestly. If we are this concerned about what he's like off field we shouldnt have taken him at #2.

Since Scotty Thompson mate
Yeah fair enough

The current crop of players excluded we probably haven't had many decent players from any states

the story is written up like a gossip column, which is no surprise when you look at who wrote it. but if it is true then Jacko must really be one useless prick around the house lol.
but i still reckon they should just let him go out on his own anyway and learn how it is the hard way.
he'll grow up quicker out on his own once there's no one doing his s**t for him. and the club would have a support officer/system in place which can check up on them, which is probably more than most of us ever got.
and if he wants to go home then trade him back, there's just no point keeping them if they want out, look at what happened to Hogan when we kept him around sulking his arse off.

"club isn't worried about him leaving, but aware of him being a bit homesick. Wanted to get him home for a few days but he can't due to WA restrictions.

They think he's a bit worn down by lockdowns and rules here in Vic, just a young bloke maturing. Wouldn't be worried long term"

That's all I got.

Agree with earlier poster that Melbourne is in a no lose situation here. WA clubs would have to pay a ridiculous bounty to wrench him out of Melbourne early. However, the smart play for Jackson would be to sign for Melbourne until F/A, stay with this group through an extended flag window, then return to WA at 25/26 on an eye watering contract.

As a supporter I’m comfortable either way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back