#6 Luke Jackson - Going west (life is peaceful there)

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely comfortable with this situation. If he chooses to leave, thanks for your service, future cap space and more good picks for JT to go to work with. If he stays, he could become an all time Melbourne great and it will likely prolong Gawn’s career.
Pretty much this. Now I've seen a flag and Dogga was a part of it, if he leaves then so be it. We should be compensated well and can use that to bring in more talent and depth. JT been solid with the draft picks too, so if we receive a couple of high picks it could actually turn out great for us. I'd still rather he stayed though.

I think we will match then trade, no way we are letting him walk and taking a compo pick.

Please MFC, dont believe Rory Lobb is the answer to our KPF problems though, hes more of the same, goes missing. I wouldnt mind getting him in to play the Jackson role, but its a definite no strictly as a forward.

Would rather trade to West Coast given the picks they have, and I also would like Oscar Allen (assuming he clears a medical)
He's not a free agent - we don't have to match anything.

If Jackson doesn't like what we have to offer then he is entitled to request a trade. If a trade cannot be agreed then he may choose to nominate and be at the mercy of the draft.

He's not a free agent - we don't have to match anything.

If Jackson doesn't like what we have to offer then he is entitled to request a trade. If a trade cannot be agreed then he may choose to nominate and be at the mercy of the draft.

hes a restricted free agent isn't he?

they would but who would actually be on a lot at Freo? Fyfe would be, Brayshaw and Serong will be, Darcy might be. Idk
A defence that good won’t be on peanuts for long.

If he’s being offered 10m over seven years, given he’s already won a premiership, Jackson would be silly to knock it back.

Like every AFL player, they are one serious injury away from it being all over.

No one is offering $10M, Sumich is full of s**t.

Freo are in their flag window. It'd be stupid to spend >$1 million per season on a player who is not a regular BOG matchwinner

Think this is the least worried I've ever been about a high-profile player being OOC (except Frawley) – to the extent that I think I've looked at the DTFA thread about him maybe once.

If he goes, we'll get compensated very nicely and can hopefully channel our efforts into getting a decent KPF, or another young gun mid. If he stays, we have the most promising young ruck in the AFL. Win-win

If Jackson goes , surely we need another ruckman , even if a project . i hope he stays of course , time will tell .

Im not that worried, easy enough to pick up ones with some experience from other clubs not getting an opportunity.

Im not that worried, easy enough to pick up ones with some experience from other clubs not getting an opportunity.
The next 5 weeks will be interesting for Jackson . Personally don't think he is a ruckmans a-hole yet , just a kid with plenty of potential . Has been underwhelming so far this year ( has a few mates as well ) , good chance to show his stuff. We are going to need it if we want top 4 this year .

The next 5 weeks will be interesting for Jackson . Personally don't think he is a ruckmans a-hole yet , just a kid with plenty of potential . Has been underwhelming so far this year ( has a few mates as well ) , good chance to show his stuff. We are going to need it if we want top 4 this year .

I think hell step up mate, hard role to be a bit player like he has been (the grand final performance was one out of the box) cant get in much of a rhythm with Gawn taking the baulk of the ruck duties.

If he wants a massive contract these 4 - 6 weeks are huge for him.

I think he’ll dominate tbh. Bit of copium in this thread, losing him would be a big blow, but what can we do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That doesn't mean he becomes a free agent
Unless we delist him…
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

I think that is at 7 years, he's only been at the club for 3/4 years.
This is his third year. He's nowhere near it. A trade will have to be made unless which hardly ever happens. I'm not sure what Freo have to offer? Not sure they have any high draft picks. They'd have to give up a bloody good player and obtain a very high draft pick I'd assume for us to even entertain a trade. WCE would have more to offer in regards to picks. Again, I'm assuming as I have no idea what the WA clubs have or haven't got this coming draft. WCE are likely to have pick 1. I wonder if they'd offer to give that up?

I think we will match then trade, no way we are letting him walk and taking a compo pick.

Please MFC, dont believe Rory Lobb is the answer to our KPF problems though, hes more of the same, goes missing. I wouldnt mind getting him in to play the Jackson role, but its a definite no strictly as a forward.

Would rather trade to West Coast given the picks they have, and I also would like Oscar Allen (assuming he clears a medical)

Why would we get a compo pick? Free agency doesn’t kick in until your 8th season.

Just to clarify A11dAtP0w3R as you genuinely seem to be a bit unsure about how FA works. FA doesn’t kick in until your 8th season (Unless you are delisted), then if you are in the top 25% of earners at your club you are a restricted free agent, otherwise unrestricted. Restricted means your current club can match the terms of a contract offered from another club and force you to be traded rather than walk, like GWS did with Cameron.

Just to clarify A11dAtP0w3R as you genuinely seem to be a bit unsure about how FA works. FA doesn’t kick in until your 8th season (Unless you are delisted), then if you are in the top 25% of earners at your club you are a restricted free agent, otherwise unrestricted. Restricted means your current club can match the terms of a contract offered from another club and force you to be traded rather than walk, like GWS did with Cameron.

cheers yea, IDK, I thought it was after three seasons for some reason :$

Eagles can't trade their 1st rounder this year unless they acquire another one.

Clubs have to take at least 2 players in the first round over 4 years - Eagles have only taken 1 during this time.
I could be wrong, but isn’t there some obligatory rubbery AFL caveat that allows them to receive permission to be exempt from the above in ‘special circumstances’?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back