#6 Luke Jackson - Going west (life is peaceful there)

Remove this Banner Ad

I must say, it would be an awesome troll if Jackson intended staying all along and the Grundy talk was devised to give Freo a false sense of security
Brilliant. They think their ruck/KPF woes are solved so we get to draft 5-6 KPF without Freo taking them away.

I'm surprised we haven't leaked stories about Jackson going to other clubs

The likely way this all plays out:
  1. Dogga stays but is s**t for the rest of his career.
  2. We also trade in Grundy who plays out his career with us playing only 50% of games due to injury.
  3. BBB and TMac retire at the end of the year due to injury.
  4. Max becomes our permanent key position forward in 2023 with a goal kicking accuracy of 30%.
  5. JVR requests trade at end of 2023 due to lack of senior game time.
  6. We get done for salary cap breaches.
  7. We fold / get relocated to Tassie.
It's basically a fait accompli imo

I saw a picture of the underside of a sawfish a few hours ago and it reminded me of Mulligrubs, a show I hadn't thought about in years.

Now a few hours later I'm trawling the dark recesses of BigFooty at this ungodly hour only to see this post about Mulligrubs. I'm either hallucinating or the algorithm can read my thoughts.

Time for a thread title change to "Luke Jackson - Officially returning to his childhood duvet"?

Shame but pretty clear he was out the door. Whatever animosity people might have towards him for it, he is a premiership player and we haven't had too many of them in the past 50 something years.

Let's hope we can get the fair compo for him, originally I thought that would be current first and future first + steak knives but it's probably looking like too much now given his recent form.

Shame but pretty clear he was out the door. Whatever animosity people might have towards him for it, he is a premiership player and we haven't had too many of them in the past 50 something years.

Let's hope we can get the fair compo for him, originally I thought that would be current first and future first + steak knives but it's probably looking like too much now given his recent form.
We can still play hard ball

Thanks for everything Dogga. Looking forward to watching your career, wherever that is.

A bit sad and slightly unusual to lose players of his calibre while premiership clock is bang on “window” but hopefully our list manager can pull a nice fluffy rabbit out of the red and blur hat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to see him go, but not angry in any way. Owes us nothing and helped us win our first flag in forever.

Should now net us a pretty damn good trade return provided both West Coast and Freo pursue.

Glad he didn't nominate a club at least, now Freo and West Coast can battle it out and we maybe get a sweeter deal.
God speed and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

If only Hayden Young’s parents were as nice to him as Jackson’s parent were to Dogga, this would be an easy trade.

Would Jackson to west coast for Jack Darling, Bailey J.Williams & swap of first round picks be a fair deal?

Would Jackson to west coast for Jack Darling, Bailey J.Williams & swap of first round picks be a fair deal?

We dont have a first, so yes, this is fair for us, not sure about them tho.

Bailey Williams is one of the worst footballers I've ever seen

It's disappointing but have come to terms with it for a while now. Too hard to compete with money and go home factor, it is what it is. Hopefully we can get some good compensation for him.

Thought I'd wander over to the D,T & FA Luke Jackson thread to see how it was going after this morning's news.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ. Nigh on gave myself a brain aneurysm doing that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back