VFL Past #65: Shaun McKernan šŸ“ - Returns to the Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

He's still got time this year and I'd be inclined to keep him around next year anyway but too early to call for mine.

Has to force his way into best 22 or its bust in my opinion.

To few list spots will open up at this rate if 10 or 11 of the banned players are returning.

We need list spots for the draft and/or trade period.

Didn't he kick four? (They were all pretty clutch, too).
Website says three, I thought it was four though as well.

Just give him the 2nd half of the year ffs & leave Jamar in VFL. Achieves nothing otherwise. Prob leaning towards a delisting but let him knock the door down trying to prove otherwise!!
Tend to agree. We've got nothing to lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad to read that McKernan looks to have gotten his mojo back.

Was getting very concerned by the extent to which he had fallen away as a VFL player as he dominated almost every game he played last year.

It would be good to get a look at him in a side that has some semblance of a forward structure.

Just watched the replay on PLUS7 as I was out on Saturday and he was fantastic. He just dominated the second half of the game. Loved his attitude and the way he lifted the whole team. I hope he gets a another contract. I know he hasn't torn a game a part in the seniors yet but hopefully he gets that opportunity next year with a stronger team.

Yeah, he was really good once he got conscripted to the ruck after half time. Even his play when resting forward seemed to be energised. With Smack in the ruck, it was nice to see Gach in a KPF role for a bit - looked dangerous there with his leap at times.
Smack Probably MOTM in my opinion, with Redman close behind.

Have seen replay now. That second half was McKernan every week last year.

His ability to work Pruess over while giving away 10 cm and about 15kg demonstrates how good a technical ruck he is.

Last edited:
Last few seasons in AFL games Mckernan seemed to give away a free every second time he went near a ruck contest. I thought it was pretty harsh a lot of the times.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure he kicked four from watching the replay. One in each quarter, wasn't it?

Stats say three, though.
VFL website says 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back