Past #7: Adam Simpson - 306 games for NM (95-09; 5th AT) - NM captain (04-08) - current WCE head coach

who is better boomer or simmo and who would win the brownlow

• boomer

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • simmo

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I've still got an old Footy Record from 1995's Qualifying Final: Richmond v North Melbourne (cover headline - Beat Carey, Beat North!)

Of all the names on North's list back then only Adam Simpson is still playing. The No 37 had a grand total of 2 games and 0 goals to his career at that stage, and a weight of 77 kilos!:D

Onya Simmo, no hard feelings but I hope your team loses on Sunday!

I don't see any reason to take the captaincy off him before he retires. Maybe if his form was on the slide but it isn't, as stated. He obviously has the full respect of all the players and just because he isn't a loudmouth or going on every football show doesn't mean he isn't a good leader. I think he's one of the best captains the club has ever had. There's plenty of time for Petrie, if he gets the nod.

Fascinating that he really hasn't shown any signs of slowing down nor signs that his body is not as willing as it used to be. Keep it as long as you want Simmo... everyone loves you!

Simmo would be a big loss to our engine room - his ball-winning capabilities are a rare skill that I don't think we can replace....yet. Like to see Adams get a go when fit and firing, but guys with Simmo's work ethic don't come along every year.

No issues at all with Simmo playing out his career as captain.

He deserves it.

I agree as well. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
He is a fine leader, who is a ripper bloke off the field and more giving with his time than anyone at the club.

He spoke to us , being Me, Pharro, Mr Kangalicious, Padge or patch? (with the Vodaphone group) yesterday and gave us a great understanding of what it means being a North player.

I had my doubts but I am happy for him to continue til the end

Sticks

He is a fine leader, who is a ripper bloke off the field and more giving with his time than anyone at the club.

He spoke to us , being Me, Pharro, Mr Kangalicious, Padge or patch? (with the Vodaphone group) yesterday and gave us a great understanding of what it means being a North player.

Sticks

Definitely, You can always hit Simmo up for a chat. Something that's not possible with some.

Yeah, but Laidley also said Shagga wouldn't play VFL again, and then rested him the next week.

So is Simmo a chance to hang up the boots this year?

Especially if we make it to a Grand Final?

Laidley's comments about it being a mistake to give Simmo the captaincy while Stevo was still there are different from what Simmo has said in the past.

I remember Simmo making a point of how it really benefitted him in his first year and how he would like to do the same (step down and play one more year) to give the incoming captain the same benefit.

Yeah, but Laidley also said Shagga wouldn't play VFL again, and then rested him the next week.

So is Simmo a chance to hang up the boots this year?

Especially if we make it to a Grand Final?

No mate. He clearly has atleast 2 years left in him going from his form this season.:thumbsu:

Also Shagga is still yet to play in the VFL so Laidley has held up with that promise to date.

The sooner we get Petrie in the big dogs seat the better, absolutely not disrespecting Simmo in any way, shape or form....but the Club has taken a massive step this year with youth and I see it being natural progression for Drew to take on the mantle of skip.
He is fast becoming the cog of the team - if not already - and his media presence is starting to ramp up, On the Couch being an example.
If the stars align and we are the Premiers, then it bodes well for Simmo to pass the baton and Drew assume the mantle for the next decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sticks

when asked about coaching his reply was " I will play forever "

is it just me , but every time simpson has got the ball , he has turned it over
hes killing us , also hanson needs to go forward , he seems more at home up forward

is it just me , but every time simpson has got the ball , he has turned it over
hes killing us , also hanson needs to go forward , he seems more at home up forward

No it's not just you. Simpson has been doing it for years. His disposal definitely leaves a lot to be desired. But whenever someone points this out on this forum they get everyone else jumping down their throat defending our great captain.

I love Simmo ,But today along with Jones cost us 4 goals from crappy turnovers.

For the life of me I cant understand why Jones kept on centering the ball and turning it over, when he had Hale marking everything?

Jones hurt us a lot more than Simmo . I love CJ , but he made me furious today .
Poor game today and needs to lift or we might have to look for a replacement sadly .

Back