Player Watch #7: Jack Viney (VC) – 200th this weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Viney's 'full weight', isn't very much at all. So unless the Sun has greatly magnified our gravity, then Viney would be easy to shift, for a healthy hombre.
Ok, no worries. You get Viney on you with his weight and also his strength behind that weight and try and shift him. Clearly his healthy hombre opponent has a hard time of it. He is probably benching twice his body weight. He’d be squatting and deadlifting plenty.

Ok, no worries. You get Viney on you with his weight and also his strength behind that weight and try and shift him. Clearly his healthy hombre opponent has a hard time of it. He is probably benching twice his body weight. He’d be squatting and deadlifting plenty.
Viney is only 84Kgs dripping wet... strong, but no heavier than his actual weight.
I could bench press Viney's weight, easy.

Any chance the media could play it in real time instead of slowing it down til its nearly paused ffs. If straight up elbows are ok then he ain't getting a week

Viney is only 84Kgs dripping wet... strong, but no heavier than his actual weight.
I could bench press Viney's weight, easy.

What’s your point? You could shove him off you if he was pushing down on you? It’s not just pushing 84kg away, it’s an 84kg bloke using his force to keep you down. He can bench press 150kg. He is immensely strong. That’s just his upper body strength. Not to mention his core and lower body strength involved.

Viney is as strong as a bull. If you think he is a lightweight then I’d be happy to see you on the canvas with him, with his forearm on your neck.

Last edited:
rofl Collins seems like a massive sook merchant and I bet the campaigner had been getting up our blokes all game and he'd had enough. Glad Viney is getting a forced rest for our top 4 chances but doubt he's just snapped for no reason.

Viney's 'full weight', isn't very much at all. So unless the Sun has greatly magnified our gravity, then Viney would be easy to shift, for a healthy hombre.

This is why I've always been confused by BJJ and wrestling. Like, why not simply lift the opponent off you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it looks bad cos we were smashing them but you see a bit of that most games. Viney definitely did it for too long and deserves a week or 2

I want him dropped anyway so I feel more objective than usual.

People on Twitter seem to think it was fairly dog. Jack "public enemy no. 1" Viney. I've also seen a lot of people genuinely compare Viney to Derek Chauvin lol, like 10 secs of a forearm to the throat is comparable to 10 mins of a knee in the neck of someone arrested...

Lol just watched it, thought he'd tried to murder someone reading this.

Last about 3 seconds maybe. That's a fine or atleast it should be.

if you slow it down enough he actually does it for an hour mate

I thought it was thoroughly disgraceful what Viney did. It was incredibly dangerous. Using the point of your elbow and jamming it into somebody's neck with your full body weight could have fatal consequences - a ruptured carotid artery is not out of the question, not to mention a neck injury. I hope they wipe him out for as long as they can. I'm done with Viney. What a f**kwit.

I thought it was thoroughly disgraceful what Viney did. It was incredibly dangerous. Using the point of your elbow and jamming it into somebody's neck with your full body weight could have fatal consequences - a ruptured carotid artery is not out of the question, not to mention a neck injury. I hope they wipe him out for as long as they can. I'm done with Viney. What a f**kwit.
Might be the biggest over reaction I've ever read on here. Congrats mate ✋

Brian Lake got four weeks for this similar incident so make of that what you will

Also Brent Harvey on Picken, 3 weeks

I agree it’s not a great look and it’s potentially dangerous. He will definitely get rubbed out. I don’t think he is best 22 either, so hopefully that solves a problem we’ve got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back