Past #7: Jack Ziebell [Part II] - retires post-RFC game/280gm&183gl/6yr captain - Shinboner - assaulted post-RFC game& in hospital - get well soon JZ

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven’t checked every thread yet but did see Jack interviewed outside Hardon St on one of tonight’s footy shows and found it very interesting when he answered a question about him playing forward and/or midfield. Paraphrasing but it was something like “the coach knows best and I play where he sees fit!”

Haven’t checked every thread yet but did see Jack interviewed outside Hardon St on one of tonight’s footy shows and found it very interesting when he answered a question about him playing forward and/or midfield. Paraphrasing but it was something like “the coach knows best and I play where he sees fit!”

Just saw it
“ I’m dictated to by our coach, wherever he sees fit....”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What a good little Bradbot.

Just saw it
“ I’m dictated to by our coach, wherever he sees fit....”

That was it. Considering the agitation swirling about here and now in the papers I found it interesting to hear Jack say it’s all on the coach.

It sounded like he was saying "Brad's the boss and we do as we're told", to my eyes and ears anyway.

That’s how I interpreted it too TT
The way he spoke tonight, wasn’t the normal Jack confidence, definitely looked a bit rattled

I didn't hear it, but any chance that it was a subtle message that the players are finding the coach inflexible?

Perhaps, which is what I found intriguing considering the current landscape and the fact I've never heard anything similar before. If he was being 100% honest though he could have added "and we can't even get that right as our skills have been pants!"

Seems a reasonable answer to me. We're talking about a player than can play as a mid/ forward or combination of and is ready to do so when required. But while he can play as a mid he never really locked it down. We all know we often look too sluggish when Jack and Cunners are in the middle together.

Surely anyone in his boat would be happy for the professional coach with a birdseye over proceedings to decide when its best for you to play as a mid.

Was actually trying hard i thought. Needs to work on hitting up and playing his role. As we became a rabble was taking his man into packs with bbb - we looked like under 15s with slow ball in , we are dead playing like that.

How long is this guy contracted for?

We face a very ugly proposition: the long-term contracted captain has no real role in the side and no apparent upside.

Good luck to whoever lands the role to fix this s**t SANDWICH.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long is this guy contracted for?

We face a very ugly proposition: the long-term contracted captain has no real role in the side and no apparent upside.

Good luck to whoever lands the role to fix this s**t SANDWICH.

God you're full of it. He's not flying but there are 10 players I'd happily drop before him.

It was, but after a decade it's so frustrating that he kicks blindly into the forward line. The couple of times he lowered the eyes, he hit targets. But there were about 5 blind kicks in a row in the first half.

True, but at least he was in the thick of it rather than an on ground spectator like last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back