Past #7: Jack Ziebell [Part II] - retires post-RFC game/280gm&183gl/6yr captain - Shinboner - assaulted post-RFC game& in hospital - get well soon JZ

Remove this Banner Ad

At times, he looked for options. But it was instances of looking for options...

He can be effective if he just lowers the eyes and he can battle against a strong inside mid when required, he loves that. He can tackle and players find it difficult to break away.

Just needs to remain composed even when it is hot. That is all.

The captain had a crack tonight

He’s obviously been down on form, everyone goes through form slumps at some stage during their careers

I still believe he has a lot to offer

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Disagree.
So u would drop Ziebell before u would drop wright or turner?
Wright is up the other end of the ground but Ziebell and turner both play in the forward line. Last year Ziebell kicked 35? Goals and turner about 8?. This year Ziebell has kicked about 10? Already and turner 2??. U can’t seriously think turner is a better player than Ziebell??

Frustrating seeing him back in the centre square again. He is a defensive liability and gives us nothing with his disposal.

Paid no respect to Kelly in the 2nd quarter when The cats got the upper hand. Too busy getting drawn into the contest all the time to worry about his opponent.

He is just lost now Jack.

Cant play midfield, can't play forward - its a real issue for the club.

JZ is now basically the Mike Brearley of the NMFC (look it up if you have to.)

Shouldn't be getting a game based on output but because we have no other natural leaders he will continue to get a game.

This situation must be fixed at year end....likliehood of that happening with Scott and his cronies in charge - 0%.

The only way for this guy to be a genuine boost to the team, so far as I can tell, is to play a run-with role.

If he can curb the opposition's big-bodied mid, and not turn the ball over himself too much, he still has a role to play.

But we don't need him in the forwardline with Brown and Larkey down there. Especially if Wood keeps getting games.

And we don't need him chasing the footy and hacking kicks straight back to the opposition.

Cannot believe he has another two years left on his contract. Probably on good coin, too. God damn it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shouldn't be getting a game based on output but because we have no other natural leaders he will continue to get a game.
Just on that - he isn't even that good a leader which just speaks volumes about the deeper internal leadership issues of our list. Sure he barks instructions and commands physicality, but so does Jamie 'my finger is sore because I point so hard' Macmillan.

I've lost count how many time Ziebell has had a opportunity to kick a 'captains' goal only for him to miss badly.

The truth is JZ would not get a game in most teams at AFL level.

Just on that - he isn't even that good a leader which just speaks volumes about the deeper internal leadership issues of our list. Sure he barks instructions and commands physicality, but so does Jamie 'my finger is sore because I point so hard' Macmillan.

I've lost count how many time Ziebell has had a opportunity to kick a 'captains' goal only for him to miss badly.

The truth is JZ would not get a game in most teams at AFL level.
Yes - sad but true.

He’s a forward who should be isolated in the goal square
What? And leave Brown, Larkey and Zurhaar fending for crumbs outside 50 while JZ gets outworked again ..and again?

Its just a silly suggestion - a bit like your bagging of JMac and Sammy Wright - you need new material.

Short memories...

Obviously struggling with injury and/or an interrupted pre-season. He was dominant up forward at stages last year and is still a very good 1v1 player. I'll back him to come good.
Dominant up forward? Do remind me about those bags of 5 or 6 - I must have forgotten.

What are we - round 8 - and your still going with the interrupted pre season excuse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back