Past #7: Jack Ziebell [Part II] - retires post-RFC game/280gm&183gl/6yr captain - Shinboner - assaulted post-RFC game& in hospital - get well soon JZ

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a JZ sort of game. Narrow ground where we aren't creating space and run and carry so get it and kick it long becomes largely the order of the day. A JZ sort of game. If any track watchers see him working on making his impact on contests be more than a one time deal, id love to hear it. It's like his favourite thing as a kid was getting grass stains. I will pot that aspect of his game, here and nowhere else, to my hearts content. :thumbsu:

I think the last 2 weeks its stood out how organised we have been behind the footy. Watching the game yesterday it also stood out that the captain was the driving force on this. We are seeing the captain we all saw in him earlier on. Kicking is much better when not coming out of a stoppage. Now has that short to mid range kick down pat and not just a 40-50 metre shank. Lets give him some credit where its due as he will probably get a brownlow vote for that performance yesterday

This post was going so well until you said he would get Brownlow votes. We lost and there would be 3 or 4 ahead of him.

This post was going so well until you said he would get Brownlow votes. We lost and there would be 3 or 4 ahead of him.
The beauty of me making the statement is that i'll be either held to account getting it wrong, or i will be proven correct. Stood out all day

The beauty of me making the statement is that i'll be either held to account getting it wrong, or i will be proven correct. Stood out all day

You could be right but remember we lost. I would say Parfitt, Stewart, and Cunnington all played better games.

You could be right but remember we lost. I would say Parfitt, Stewart, and Cunnington all played better games.
Loved cunners game although ran out of gas. Stewart played a great 2nd half. Parfitt clear best on then its up to the muppets to decide the rest

He is doing fine. He provides more than just a body to fill a defensive hole.

His leadership is crucial down there, and as he pushes into the midfield.

WTF is it with this site that potting the current captain is considered a right of passage; campaigners.
Good post Bear. Would not matter how good he played some posters just have a hate on him for some reason. Some would enjoy it if he was not playing well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if you eliminate the kick ins, he made have had roughly 20 disposals and 11 turnovers.....
huh? You can have a turnover from a kick in too.

Yesterday wasn't great in that respect, his kicking has been better in previous games. I think the narrower ground meant less room for error with those long kicks, and we saw a few Geelong blokes (stewart) absolutely clean up.

14 kick ins, played on for 13 of them. Had a few where he played on, ran his full measure then went 60m to a wing. For a young side with high turnover rate, i think jacks ability to clear it to a wing and let us set up there is a positive. He is going well down back, and will continue to improve his actual defensive craft as the year goes on

14 kick ins, played on for 13 of them. Had a few where he played on, ran his full measure then went 60m to a wing. For a young side with high turnover rate, i think jacks ability to clear it to a wing and let us set up there is a positive. He is going well down back, and will continue to improve his actual defensive craft as the year goes on
spot on, Jack Ziebell is literally the least of our worries, he's going fine

huh? You can have a turnover from a kick in too.

Yesterday wasn't great in that respect, his kicking has been better in previous games. I think the narrower ground meant less room for error with those long kicks, and we saw a few Geelong blokes (stewart) absolutely clean up.
You kick to a contest and it comes back ... that is a efficient disposal and a turnover. And it could be argued the turnover is on players not competing hard enough at the drop of the ball.

Yeah, this. A stoppage on the wing from a kickout is a win. An intercept on the wing, as Tom Stewart did a number of times, is far better than an intercept at half back too.

You kick to a contest and it comes back ... that is a efficient disposal and a turnover. And it could be argued the turnover is on players not competing hard enough at the drop of the ball.
bit of both certainly, but look at that 4th quarter, it was so predictable that henderson, biclavs and co just set a wall 50 meters back and dined out like an all you can eat buffet.

I knew he’d come to play on Sunday.
One thing not factored in yes he may shank a kick and yes he may lose his footing at times, but heck he’s always been one tough campaigner

Great to see

IMO he hasn't been as clean with his kicking the last two weeks, but his value on other fronts are showing through now. Game high intercepts and intercept marks and he isn't at all shy about putting his body on the line and doing what needs to be done. I was critical a week or two ago about how his marking and general aerial game hadn't been on display as much as I was expecting, so I was pleased for him in that regard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back