Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma

Remove this Banner Ad

11 marks in your second game!

Way infront of my expectations.
Excellent start to his AFL career.
If I had to be critical on one thing was that he turned it over a couple times at critical moments in the game . But we know he will learn quickly from that . The kid is going to be a star & looking forward to see him for many years to come in the Blue & White.

He just looked like massive mid who could cover the ground with ease from the opposite side of the field. Crazy to think he is a forward

If I had to be critical on one thing was that he turned it over a couple times at critical moments in the game . But we know he will learn quickly from that . The kid is going to be a star & looking forward to see him for many years to come in the Blue & White.

You being critical Ross, I never expected that :)

These last 2 drafts look to have completely flipped our fortunes, it almost can't be overstated how well we've done at face value. Sheezel, Duursma, Wardlaw and McKercher were all arguably in our best 10 or so players - which is nuts. We still have other players to bring in from those drafts as well.

If anything I thought Duursma was better this week, with a touch less reward.

But what's the chance of duursma leaving for bummers to join his brother and mcckercher leaving for tasmania on 2m deal?

Could this be a risk?

The reason we don’t need to draft a big bodied mid. LDU + Duursma is enough height in there.
We don’t always need to be turning players away from their natural positions.

Midfield isn’t always the best position to maximise talent.

Zane may transition beautifully into the midfield. He may develop into a mobile CHF and kick 50 goals a year. Both are going to make North better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reason we don’t need to draft a big bodied mid. LDU + Duursma is enough height in there.
Big bodied mid isn’t just about height, it’s about being thick through the hips.
Not sure Duursma will get there without losing athleticism, which imo will be counter productive to his game.

Last edited:
Purely bullshit speaking on my end here. But if we need someone down back and who can intercept….

I mean why stop now with playing players in different positions….

Im asking is that a big danger?
Kerch has said multiple times he isn't interested in the tassie team. Sheezel said earlier in the week he spoke to him about it and he isn't interested also.

Im asking is that a big danger?
No, this is a big Danger.
Patrick Dangerfield | AFL

But what's the chance of duursma leaving for bummers to join his brother and mcckercher leaving for tasmania on 2m deal?

Could this be a risk?

And what if a piano fell on Sheezel while he was walking down the street? Not really worth worrying about things that might or might not happen. McKercher has made his stance clear about the Tassie team at this point in time anyway. They both just need to keep playing some good footy.

You don’t have to be critical on one thing, even though you always seem to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back