Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma

Remove this Banner Ad

Very early days but I had massive concerns about him pre-draft and they are starting to bear out, I'm afraid.
what are your concerns? he was always going to be a 40 to 60 games in him to get conditioning and adjust to afl pace player,

may as well play him in the next 19 months of dead rubbers.

Doing him a disservice playing him every week. Needs to find his feet at the lower level. No issues about his long term, just not easy playing half forward and he hasn’t got enough of a tank to pressure so it sticks out like a sore thumb. He’ll be fine, just go back and find some confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what are your concerns? he was always going to be a 40 to 60 games in him to get conditioning and adjust to afl pace player,

may as well play him in the next 19 months of dead rubbers.
terrible call to be honest mate. He has been abysmal and shouldnt be playing until he’s at least near being an afl standard player.

Just has to go back to the 2's just to get some touch. Gotta be hard only having 2 or 3 disposals (a nice goal btw) but apart from that doing basically nothing.

He's a kid, he's not even close to the finished product but he's not going to get there getting subbed out in the 3rd and riding the pine.

Give him a really solid 4-6 back in the twos, get the numbers up to 15-20 possies a game and a few snags and then come back in.

terrible call to be honest mate. He has been abysmal and shouldnt be playing until he’s at least near being an afl standard player.
ordinarily i would agree completely , glaring problem is we dont have 18 players of AFL quality so thats the caviet where he may as well be learning in the bigtime? I know its a double edged sword when we have blokes like laz and drury who are actually honest triers but Zanes got more talent in his little finger than those 2 blokes put together. alternatively drop him for a block of games to build some stamina and accept spuds like taylor will be running round in the ones. frankly all are less than ideal scenarios.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back