Past #8: Daniel Wells - joins Collingwood as a FA - North get pick #32 as compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Bundle up 31 + 32 + 68 and it would get us to around the 13 mark.

Leaving us with 2 picks between 11 and 15 and a couple at the end of the draft.

Trade out Black for something between 35 and 60 plus whoever else is on the table, would leave us in a good position draft wise.

Wells is 31 and Vickery is 26

With a 3 yr contact at that cash age should not be a factor, Wells has done 10 x times what vickery has done

Ha! Ignore me. I used a pdf linked from the AFL websie with the indicative draft order.

campaigner is dated 2014.

Never change AFL.
Nah mate, yours is correct, see my updated post

With a 3 yr contact at that cash age should not be a factor, Wells has done 10 x times what vickery has done

Well age IS a factor

You do realize Wells and Vickery got the same band compensation

Our pick is only better cause we finished lower on the ladder lol
You do realise that Wells signed for one year longer, 100k per year more so 800k more in total, is a club bnf winner and a bloody star, Vickery isn't good enough to do up Wells laces... so take your lol and * off.

Richmond supporter telling us how to feel and act when his club benefits from a rubbish system.

Seems legit.

lol when did i tell you how to feel?

cant make a comment on your board without copping it

grow up

You do realise that Wells signed for one year longer, 100k per year more so 800k more in total, is a club bnf winner and a bloody star, Vickery isn't good enough to do up Wells laces... so take your lol and **** off.

So tense

I agree entirely, just pointing out that you cant really sook about what we got for Vickery like it was a different band of compo when it wasnt

But take actual pick position out of the equation the afl have said both players are worth the same. When one team offered 3 x 600 and the other offered 2 x 500, we offered wellsy around 2 x 500 and he didnt take it. therefore wellsy is worth more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People really need to learn to mind their own business.

And I never visit other boards to deliberately be a shithead and preach to them.

Why dont you quote me when youre talking about me?

Im not being a shithead in the slightest

But take actual pick position out of the equation the afl have said both players are worth the same. When one team offered 3 x 600 and the other offered 2 x 500, we offered wellsy around 2 x 500 and he didnt take it. therefore wellsy is worth more.
Age.

Pure and simple.

Logic dictates it should be irrelevant but there you go. The AFL will AFL.

People really need to learn to mind their own business.

And I never visit other boards to deliberately be a shithead and preach to them.

seems to be a prevailing trend this week

Why dont you quote me when youre talking about me?

Im not being a shithead in the slightest
In fairness mate you don't get to decide that.

Age.

Pure and simple.

Logic dictates it should be irrelevant but there you go. The AFL will AFL.

Aint that the truth

Well age IS a factor
Contract says he has a guaranteed longer shelf life.

The age and length of contract should both be taken into account along with the salary.

Having said that this isn't exactly a surprising outcome given the history of these decisions. Flawed system that brings flawed results.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back