Past #8: Nathan Hrovat - won't be offered a new contract - thanks Rat

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually reckon he's underrated on this board

Half forward is a hard spot to stay involved all game

But Hrovat has class, good skill off both sides and can stick a tackle which is also important in that role.
He also has the flexibility to play midfield and was an elite junior mid but size has meant he hasn't got the chance to play there in the seniors yet. Nonetheless he can play and I still rate him but needs a dominant vfl game

I actually reckon he's underrated on this board

Half forward is a hard spot to stay involved all game

But Hrovat has class, good skill off both sides and can stick a tackle which is also important in that role.
He also has the flexibility to play midfield and was an elite junior mid but size has meant he hasn't got the chance to play there in the seniors yet. Nonetheless he can play and I still rate him but needs a dominant vfl game

A fit Garner, Ahern, Mountford and then LDU plus a host of other first year types will all be ahead of the Rat either now or soon enough.

3 games one goal, two tackles I just cannot see one elite trait that he could bring to the table. Hope he proves me wrong of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching him in the VFL, he was ok but no better, and I was thinking he’ll never dominate at that level either. That means he’ll only get a game due to injury to Turner and/or Zurhaar.

Unless he lifts his game in a big way.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My major concern is his leg speed, or lack thereof. If you are a small player, you must have other attributes like speed or evasiveness that give you an edge, because you are at a disadvantage for size. He doesn't seem to have the obvious traits that make up for his disadvantages, he isn't quick, he doesn't seem to have a huge tank, isn't a massive accumulator, isn't a particularly great kick.

I don't have anything against him and would like him to succeed, if he was just a natural front n centre goal kicking rover I would be stoked but he was almost never anywhere you wanted him to be when the ball was in the air or on the ground. I just don't know what he offers that wont be surpassed by Thomas even as as a first year player.

Don’t see what he brings to the table that Zurhaar doesn’t..

He's got a better tank for starters.

He's frustrating at the moment in the same way Jed was when he first arrived. I keep saying to myself when is this bloke going to turn the corner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back