Past #9: Andrew Swallow - 224 NM games - 3x Syds - captain '12-'16 - #43 '05 ND - thanks Spitta

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate after reading that article, the first thought I have is that spitters kids now and possibly potentially would be picked up by suns or lions academy!
AFL need to change that rule really quickly. You can have access to father sons. Simple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a fantastic signing for Aspley, Spitta will absolutely dominate in that league. Be careful Spitta, you could get leather poisoning!

I agree, Aspley are a great club with a super successful coach. Looks like Ben Warren won't be joining Maroochydore as previously mentioned here on BF.

I believe so. Our man Eddie Sansbury was there for a few years too.

Yep, Eddie played with Broadbeach this year and works with the Suns indigenous kids.

Used to love going to Morningside games when Blair's daughter came along to watch.

Yep, Eddie played with Broadbeach this year and works with the Suns indigenous kids.

Used to love going to Morningside games when Blair's daughter came along to watch.

Ha yes she's worth googling for those who don't know her!

Ha yes she's worth googling for those who don't know her!

She doesn't do it for me boys but each to their own.

CfwL0C3lEB5WgubfA5vQrJb1wp8LoHDZeCOXIGSxl-20BclVBqXwKn8sBeizhag4b0pvab_KWpbPgUy9PNciaJ8F2l3-qoUD5yuu5PN4F8s-xQ=w480-h268-nc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taken out of context. He was saying he was a young bloke back then, and had no real attachment to Melbourne. Goes on to say:
Swallow praised the work of then-chairman James Brayshaw, who pushed to keep North Melbourne at Arden Street.

“I think the work that James and the guys that he put around the club at that stage did have gotten the club to where it is at this stage,” Swallow said.

“At the start of my career we had horrendous facilities, old portables that I think burnt down at one stage and you had homeless people sleeping in the carpark so it was pretty tough, but you sort of just didn’t know any different.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back