A-League - Grand Final: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United

Remove this Banner Ad

It also doesn't make it any less offensive a term.

It's an abhorrent term to use in this manner, has no place on these boards and no place in football (especially since we're trying to grow the game and attract new supporters).

Haha dude.. Melbourne are the silly people, theyre known throughout Australia as the silly people, its not going to change.

Haha dude.. Melbourne are the silly people, theyre known throughout Australia as the silly people, its not going to change.

And i'll state it again, that doesn't make the term any less offensive.

It's scary that some think it's funny (or even appropriate) to use that word in such a derogatory manner.

Finally crawled in the door after a very big night.

My initial thought on the red card was it was there (Am yet to actual see the vision on TV). When Breeze went to the sideline ref it was fairly obvious he thought it was a red but just wanted confirmation. Breeze seemed to let a lot of things go so the initial thought was it wouldn't have been a red card unless it was there (from all reports it was wrong).

Personally thought Adelaide created the best chances on goal and Theo was unlucky not to get MOTM.

Thought Melbourne got a bit cute at times thinking Adelaide with a man down that the goal was gonna come a bit to easily. Was almost a fairly tale for Tommy to score the winner after 2 loses with CCM.

Can understand Adelaide being upset with the way the game went down in the end. But as history will tell you no one cares how it was won just that is was won.

It shows a complete lack of class it what is does, as does the booing of the opposition on the dais, I remember being taught in under 8s to give three cheers for the opposition, whithout whom you wouldn't have had a game.

classy winners = FAIL

Your coach failed to give us any credit after the semi final wins so why should our supporters give anything back.

It also doesn't make it any less offensive a term.

It's an abhorrent term to use in this manner, has no place on these boards and no place in football (especially since we're trying to grow the game and attract new supporters).

So it's fine to call us inbreds then? But not for us to use the silly people reference? Just trying to figure out the hypocritical rules on this one?

Hahaha, keep bleeding RoosterLad.

Get back to trying to convince everyone how you're such a hard core Man Yoo fan, you pathetically insecure lightweight. :)

So it's fine to call us inbreds then? But not for us to use the silly people reference? Just trying to figure out the hypocritical rules on this one?

:confused:

I've never once used the term 'inbreds' to describe Adelaide United, nor advocated it's use.

Perhaps do a little research in future, it may help you avoid embarrassment. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not said by you ;)

I know that, but does Punchy?

All those silly nicknames are as unnecessary as they are lame, and i'd never use any of them, but i've long (long before the term was coined to describe my club) detested the use of the word '*' to insult someone.

It's offensive, totally unnecessary, and i sincerely hope that those who use it and think it's hilarious don't ever have a family member or friend who is or becomes handicapped because they'll look back on their use of the word with regret after understanding how hurtful and offensive it is to both those who are unfortunate enough to suffer a disability and their families/friends.

And those two Adelaide goals, one was from a free kick, and the other from a cheated penalty. In 540 minutes against us this year, Adelaide failed to score from open play.

In 6 finals between the two teams, Melbourne has won 5 and drawn 1, we've scored 15 goals and conceded one.

I can't say it on here as it will get censored, so let's just use this little gif to describe Adelaide United...

val.gif

Harsh way to lose it but Adelaide got a lot of respect back last night, a tremendous effort. They got their defensive game back but they just don't have the firepower to score enough.

Funny season, we didn't really get going until the business time of the year but once we clicked we were clearly the best side and deserving Champions.

Great vibe in the pubs before the game and at the ground. Bring on 09/10 and #3!!

Such a childish argument really. Of course it is not. I purely stated that if it is OK to call us silly people, then it is ok for us to call you inbred.
It's football, it's passion, everyone settle the fack down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back