A-League signings

Remove this Banner Ad

Ray Nolan said:
With Galekovic & Theoklitos they will certainly be spoilt for choice between the sticks. MVFC would be nuts not to sign Blatsis, I can't believe they haven't already done so. I have heard rumours though that the New Zealand Knights are very interested in signing both Blatsis & Salapasidis.

Definately a good problem to have if we get Galekovic.

Blatsis would be qutie good down back next to Claeys for us.

Ray Nolan said:
Ah, but I am not the Chief Football Writer for the Herald Sun am I? ;)

I know what your team is called, I just think silly people suits you lot, just as Bling Bling FC suits Sydney. :D

Desira's a knob end anyway, but you think even a **** like him would be able to remember the name of a club in the A-League, I mean there are only 8 of them, and one of them is in the city he lives in.

Fecking silly people. :mad:

Ray Nolan said:
Reports from England tonight indicate that Dwight Yorke will be signing for a club in the UAE ahead of Sydney FC. Will be interesting to see how this plays out ...

Gee, shock horror :rolleyes:

I guess FC Bling Bling will just overpay someone else to do nothing of note instead.

Still Crowing said:
Desira's a knob end anyway, but you think even a **** like him would be able to remember the name of a club in the A-League, I mean there are only 8 of them, and one of them is in the city he lives in.

Guess he only takes note of the teams that are likely to do something, rather than the riff raff west of us.

QLD signed two South Koreans today.

Still Crowing said:

Why are people from Melbourne "silly people"? What does it mean?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Herald Sun reported today that Melbourne have signed 22-year-old striker Ricky Diaco, a striker from Bulleen Zebras and last year's joint winner of the VPL player of the year. Victory are also pursuing Richard Kitzbichler, who currently plays for Austria Vienna and has won 14 caps for Austria. He's 31 and a right-sided midfielder.

Lowie01 said:
The Herald Sun reported today that Melbourne have signed 22-year-old striker Ricky Diaco, a striker from Bulleen Zebras and last year's joint winner of the VPL player of the year. Victory are also pursuing Richard Kitzbichler, who currently plays for Austria Vienna and has won 14 caps for Austria. He's 31 and a right-sided midfielder.

Diaco is a good player. Saw him a few times last year and was quality.

Ray Nolan said:
Resilly people. First used I think on the Sydney FC forum and has snowballed from there.

Oh cool, so it is the obvious thing. I thought you SA's were more into calling people ******* when you wanted to use childish, unfunny and insensitive name calling? Pokey tongue smilie not working for me so just imagine it is here.

I really don't get the "silly people" thing, it's such so inane it cannot be offensive to a Victory fan.

The thing is it's not even a bad joke. Say for instance Victory's cheersquad had alot of *s or Melbourne's population had the highest percentage of *s, ok then I'd say that's a bad joke, but where on earth is the link?

OK from today I declare that Adelaide's the pedophiles and Sydney's the necrophiles.

I'm sure they were giggling like schoolgirls when Hewitt called that chair umpire a ******* as well.
2xGay.gif

When auskick was vickick and the South Australian's had the kick-a-vic slogan I thought that was brilliant. Well I wasn't happy with it but full marks for creativity.

I can't say I understand silly people either but I suppose you don't choose the name that your own team is called.

Rocco Jones said:
I really don't get the "silly people" thing, it's such so inane it cannot be offensive to a Victory fan.

The thing is it's not even a bad joke. Say for instance Victory's cheersquad had alot of *s or Melbourne's population had the highest percentage of *s, ok then I'd say that's a bad joke, but where on earth is the link?

OK from today I declare that Adelaide's the pedophiles and Sydney's the necrophiles.

Actually, we've taken to calling the mob from Sydney "Bling Bling FC", in honour of their self-proclaimed glamour club staus.

Central Coast are the Semen, and Queensland are the Cloggers.

Still Crowing said:
Actually, we've taken to calling the mob from Sydney "Bling Bling FC", in honour of their self-proclaimed glamour club staus.

At least that has some sort of connection. So its an unfunny joke. Unlike silly people which has no sense behind it at all.

Still Crowing said:
Queensland Lions sign Victorian

QUEENSLAND yesterday became the latest club to snare a Melbourne player for the A-League, signing midfielder Massimo Murdocca for two years.

Murdocca clinched the deal after impressing Lions coach Miron Bleiberg in a 10-day trial.

"I really like it up there -- they've showed interest from the start and I was always going to go up there for a look whether or not Melbourne Victory showed any interest," Murdocca said.

He will play out the first month of the Victorian Premier League with Fawkner.

Murdocca is very good player. :(

Wanted him at Melbourne.

Still Crowing said:
BRIGHT YOUNG STARS SIGNAL VICTORY BY THE DOZEN

Monday 21 February 2005

Hyundai A-League side Melbourne Victory has secured the services of Australian football’s brightest young stars, Kristian Sarkies and Adrian Leijer, taking its squad total to twelve.

Speculation suggested both players could have been on their way overseas after recent trials with Everton, however the new career path provided by the Hyundai A-League has ensured that local fans now have the chance to see our best young talent develop and flourish in the domestic competition.

Both Sarkies and Leijer, 18, represented Australia at the Under 17 World Championships in Finland and already have experience playing at senior NSL level. They are expected to cope well with the jump to the A-League.

Sarkies is an attacking midfielder who recently made a name for himself by scoring a last minute free kick which allowed Australia to squeeze past Fiji in the recent World Cup qualifiers in Honiera.

“I’ve worked with Kristian for a number of years at the VIS and there’s no doubt he’s a tremendous talent,” Merrick added. “We’re just delighted to be able to offer him a professional set-up which allows him to stay in the local competition for longer than might have been the case in the past.”

Leijer also developed through the VIS and excelled for the Melbourne Knights last season in the sweeper’s role – a great effort for the then 17 year old.

“To play in a key position at such a young age demonstrates Adrian’s maturity and ability. He is a leader and excellent role model, especially for youngsters from country regions.” Merrick said.

Kristian SARKIES
Born: 25.10.86
Position: Midfielder
Underage Australian representative honours:
U/17 - 2003 World Youth Championship finals (Finland)
U/20 - 2005 World Youth Cup lead-up matches
Junior club: Sandringham (Vic)
Club career:
2000-2005 Victorian Institute of Sport
2003/04 South Melbourne (NSL) 17 appearances (1 goal)
Other career highlights:
- Captained Victoria at National Talent Identification Championships at U15 (2001) and U16 (2002) levels
- Victorian Junior Player of the Year (Weinstein Medal) 2003
- Made NSL debut aged just 16, for South Melbourne (v Newcastle United) October 2003

Adrian LEIJER
Born: 25.3.86
Position: Defender
Underage Australian representative honours:
U/17 - 2003 World Youth Championship finals (Finland)
U/20 - 2005 World Youth Cup lead-up matches
Junior clubs: Dubbo (NSW), Geelong (Vic)
Club career:
2001-2005 Victorian Institute of Sport
2003/04 Melbourne Knights (NSL) 20 appearances (0g)
Other career highlights:
- Captained Victoria Country at National Talent Identification Championships at u15 (2001) and U16 (2002) levels
- Started in all three matches for the Qantas Joeys at 2003 FIFA Under 17 World Youth Championships, Finland
- Made his NSL debut aged just 17, for Melbourne Knights (v Marconi) September 2003

I know Kristian Sarkies in person. Likes a mirror but can play abit. Adrian Leijer looks a real talent. My mate whivh has been him for the Knights reckon he's got some ticker about him

Leijer = one of the better Aussie kids going around. :)

Ray Nolan said:
Looks like Melbourne Victory are making a foreign signing:

Belgian Poised To Sign With Victory
Peter Desira
24feb05

BELGIAN defender Geoffrey Claeys is believed to be Melbourne Victory's latest signing.

Victory football operations manager Gary Cole confirmed yesterday the club had agreed to terms with an overseas player, but would not say whom because the contract had not been received.

"We're excited because we believe it's an excellent pick-up but we understand he needs to see his lawyers and we won't be talking about it until we have his signature on a contract," Cole said.

Claeys has played at the top level in Belgium and Holland and comes with strong endorsements from former Socceroos Joe Spiteri and Dominic Longo, both past teammates.

"He's a very good player," Spiteri said yesterday. "He's tall and strong. He's a very well-balanced defender who at a pinch could easily be pushed into midfield; he's not your hard-nosed typical stopper.

"He's been at the big clubs, including Anderlecht and Feyenoord.

"I played with him at Lierse and, at 30, I suspect he would have a few years left in him in Belgium.

"But I do know he fell in love with Australia from past visits and it wouldn't surprise me if he's opting for a change of lifestyle."

Claeys, who has played for Belgian club Mouscron since 2001, falls into the category of experienced players coach Ernie Merrick has been looking for.

"We're looking for experience down the spine: a central defender, a central midfielder and striker," Merrick said.

"I promise we'll have three out-and-out strikers by the time we complete our squad. I like to play with three up front."

TELSTRA Dome is understood to have made a determined late bid to lure Melbourne Victory.

Its proposal is understood to have split the Victory board after chairman Geoffrey Lord was leaning towards using Olympic Park as the club's home venue.

Interesting bit at the end there, I think the silly people would be out of their mind not to play at Olympic park.

Geoffery Claeys = Melbourne captain?

My mate lived in Belgian for several years and was a season ticket holder to Cercle Brugge.

Claeys is a sweeper/central defener, defensive mid. As a youngster Geoffrey Claeys was an astonishing talent. I believe he was 21 when he guided Cercle Brugge to the Belgian cup final in 1996, playing as a central defensive midfielder and also scoring some important goals.

On the very biggest stage he has fell down and was not ready for Feyenoord at such a young age. However he is still young for a player of his postion and a very good player. Id wager he will be one of the leagues better players.

Ray Nolan said:
Allsopp returns Down Under

Striker Danny Allsopp has joined Australian side Melbourne Victory on a two-year deal after having his contract at Hull cancelled by mutual consent.

Allsopp, who had 14 months of a three-year deal at The KC Stadium still to run, has struggled to land a regular starting berth with City this season and has opted for a move back to his hometown club.

The 26-year-old forward joined the Tigers from Notts County in May 2003 and scored 22 goals in 67 appearances.

"The Australian league is offering some good deals at the moment and this was a good chance for him to go back home," said chairman Adam Pearson. "We wish him and his family all the best for the future."

Meanwhile, Pearson branded speculation the League One promotion candidates are set to sign Cardiff midfielder Darren Williams as "utter rubbish".

"We made an enquiry about six months ago but he was asking for money that was out of our price league," Pearson added. "We brought Robbie Stockdale in instead, who has done a superb job. It is ridiculous that Darren Williams has been linked with us at this time."

The attack is starting to looks fairly decent :)

I guarentee you no good foreigners will come unless they are looking at a 1 yr deal before they retire. Why would anyone come to play in Australia? I bet the NSL foreigners from 10 years ago like Gus Cerro, Francis Awaratiffe, Jose Iriate, Kimon Taliadoras etc are better than any of the ones that will mysteriously try to isolate their careers by going to australia.

Gus Cerro is aussie. Heard him in the radio at 2sm 'talkin' football' apparently he opened a youth academy, coaching a local club [same league where paul wade coaches] and is also playing, probably the league to watch a good game with all the flicks and tricks i remeber gus cerro doing in the hey days.

paul and him are in have a website
gus is gcfa.com.au
and pauls sportseg.com

if farina insists on experienced players, why not get players like gus in, to at least make the $35 i paid worthwhile. i'd like to see us win or lose with entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back