A-Leagues & Football Australia General Chat and News Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Cant remember who pposted about it, but did see someone suggest there was concern about the apls governance
This tweet in reply to the McBreen Tweet?

typical amateurish from the APL if true, they really couldn't organise a root in a brothel.

Aleague introduces a mid game break for muslims to break their fast for ramadan. Not HT, a break during play

Utter nonsense but fox interviewed a ccm womens player who said she breaks her fast and pays money to a mosque to even it out.

If we're making rules for people who believe in sky fairies at least make sure they observe the rules of the sky fairies properly

GC is a black hole for sports. When will codes learn nothing there actually works. A-League, NBL, AFL - all zero crowds and 2 folded. What would anyone think would happen trying again

No one will buy the Jets because there's zero investment case for any team in the league. How they conned someone into Auckland and Perth I have NFI. They will get negative ROI

GC is a black hole for sports. When will codes learn nothing there actually works. A-League, NBL, AFL - all zero crowds and 2 folded. What would anyone think would happen trying again

No one will buy the Jets because there's zero investment case for any team in the league. How they conned someone into Auckland and Perth I have NFI. They will get negative ROI

Totally this. Gold Coast people spend time at the beach, going to bars etc. It's a leisure destination. Not a good fit for professional sports teams to garner a cult following.

A bit like trying to run a La Liga team out of Ibiza.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally this. Gold Coast people spend time at the beach, going to bars etc. It's a leisure destination. Not a good fit for professional sports teams to garner a cult following.

A bit like trying to run a La Liga team out of Ibiza.
the population sports execs cite (something like 800k people) is spread all down the coast, they're all retirees/immigrants/beach bums which evidently don't care about sports. It's ludicrous people keep trying this on, it will never work.

Cairns/Townsville has more hope but far from ideal, Canberra/Wollongong as other options. I'd probably vote the latter, they got behind Wellington a bit during covid, could they sustain a team?

Investment the big issue though, why would anyone pour millions into our league? There's no return.

the population sports execs cite (something like 800k people) is spread all down the coast, they're all retirees/immigrants/beach bums which evidently don't care about sports. It's ludicrous people keep trying this on, it will never work.

Cairns/Townsville has more hope but far from ideal, Canberra/Wollongong as other options. I'd probably vote the latter, they got behind Wellington a bit during covid, could they sustain a team?

Investment the big issue though, why would anyone pour millions into our league? There's no return.

Second QLD team should be Logan City based. Close enough to Gold Coast to attract those who want a team closer than Brisbane Roar to follow plus Logan City population itself. Cairns/Townsville has significant climate issues in a summer season unfortunately.

Roar need an 18k stadium built and Logan City needs a 10k seated stadium built.

Long term investment is good, the A League has much going for it, attractive to international players at the end of their careers, aligned to European season. Huge supporter base pool.

Second QLD team should be Logan City based. Close enough to Gold Coast to attract those who want a team closer than Brisbane Roar to follow plus Logan City population itself. Cairns/Townsville has significant climate issues in a summer season unfortunately.

Roar need an 18k stadium built and Logan City needs a 10k seated stadium built.

Long term investment is good, the A League has much going for it, attractive to international players at the end of their careers, aligned to European season. Huge supporter base pool.
I don't know anything about Queensland so Logan it is

Disagree re investors. The league has been dwindling for years, poor TV deal, poor leadership, expensive stadium deals, zero inroads to turning our most popular sport played into fans, the rest of asia/europe takes name players well before we get them, sky high costs and little return. Every wleague side loses money hand over fist but you need to have one, sponsorship not that strong for the most part

There's a reason they can barely sell these teams. People good with money aren't going to touch it unless they know absolute best case is a tax write off and they love soccer

Pretty sure Uncle Bill knows what he’s doing there

card-oldis.jpg

Just seem western United played their first game at Tarneit is that right? I thought the stadium wasn't even built yet or idk what's going on
It's the training ground next door.
4k cap (including temp seating) which works well for them at this stage. Only complaint I've seen is they charge $20 for parking (but have set up buses from the local stations) and have some food

Remove this Banner Ad

Back