A-Leagues & Football Australia General Chat and News Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like this new marketing campaign - "The A-League: where Socceroos are made."

There are 2 problems with it:
1. I think you already have to be a football fan who has already decided on the A-league to see it
2. I don't think we've done a good enough job (perhaps before this season with All Access) in making people care about the Socceroos as individuals. That campaign is much more successful if A-League Socceroos were more likeable and recognisable. I think your Kuols and your Tilio's and Cumdogs, and even recent departures like Rowles are all marketable for the league... if only people knew who they were.

I really like this new marketing campaign - "The A-League: where Socceroos are made."

There are 2 problems with it:
1. I think you already have to be a football fan who has already decided on the A-league to see it
2. I don't think we've done a good enough job (perhaps before this season with All Access) in making people care about the Socceroos as individuals. That campaign is much more successful if A-League Socceroos were more likeable and recognisable. I think your Kuols and your Tilio's and Cumdogs, and even recent departures like Rowles are all marketable for the league... if only people knew who they were.

I'd say Goodwin is pretty marketable.

Good job guys, that peaceful 20 minute mark walkout worked a ****ing treat. That'll show the leagues! Exemplifies a peaceful spirit that football fans have spent years cultivating and really embodies all that is great about Australian Football and what sets us apart from our more violent European brethren...

Sad that the huge effort from our boys in Qatar is essentially forgotten now.

That's the most galling part for me. Our World Cup campaign was the most inspiring and true Aussie grit in every sense of the word, and all that amazing achievement will be forgotten because some clowns decide to protest against the APL's Grand Final hosting ruling in the worst possible manner.

It hurts. It hurts a lot

RIP Australian football.
Season 2 Lol GIF by The Lonely Island

1/. MVFC, OSM, minority: You effen w@ankers. The players, refs, gameday people had nothing to do with the APL deciding to sell the GF's to Sydney. Be angry at the suits all you want (non-violently) but don't attack people that had nothing to do with it.

2/. APL: Danny Townsend CEO is now onto his fourth reason for shafting the players and fans.
First: About creating tradition. "Townsend sold the idea as the Australian fan’s chance to embark on a sporting pilgrimage, like that which English supporters take to Wembley for the FA Cup Final."
Second: "Long-term security and sustainability" i.e. propping up clubs finances.
Third: The broadcast deal (which they negotiated) is a dud and they have a financial hole. "due to a shortfall in broadcast income this season, after failing to hit benchmarks in the first year of their TV contract with Network 10."
Forth: About investing in youth and women's delevelopment. "We want to raise the commercial value of our sport to invest in youth development, in women's football, and all the things our fans love about the game." (Like home grand finals?)

All of this from a guy who started his CEO role with:
"The game’s stakeholders and governance over many years lost sight of the needs of the fans, the participants, the parents, the coaches, the managers, the members,” managing director Danny Townsend said.
“In any business, you have to put your customer first. Unfortunately, our game did not make that decision.
“The APL is all about driving outcomes for the fans and provide a better experience for them. People need to engage with our game and this will ultimately move the football economy forward. It’s about putting the fans at the centre of every decision we make. That’s the key difference.

I'm done with the APL and the A-League.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see the A-League really capitalised on their window of opportunity and managed to somehow go backwards.
They've been going back for many years thats what happens when you build foundation on plastic clubs and plastic fans and throw out the history of the sport.

He copped a bucket full of sand to the head! I think he’s already received his punishment and a handy lesson to never toss a flare back into the crowd.

Bucketman id is out. And he was a Epping Footy club AFL player after being banned from Football Victoria in 2016!

Now complaining about harassment from the media. Lawyer already suggesting this is a mitigating factor for sentencing......

Not too much reporting about the AFL link in the Herald Sun.....

Bucketman id is out. And he was a Epping Footy club AFL player after being banned from Football Victoria in 2016!

Now complaining about harassment from the media. Lawyer already suggesting this is a mitigating factor for sentencing......

Not too much reporting about the AFL link in the Herald Sun.....

I read his rap s**t (Bucket Man) in the Herald Sun

He is a unstable POS who needs serious jail time (awaiting trial on assault on a young man in Grover)

And is a keen supporter of Football Ultras/fans who actively encourage in fights and causing trouble at Associatoon football games.

All that stuff was easily obtained from the freedom of information act and his Facebook page and posts.

His family are just as pathetic for defending him. Loser

I read his rap s**t (Bucket Man) in the Herald Sun

He is a unstable POS who needs serious jail time (awaiting trial on assault on a young man in Grover)

And is a keen supporter of Football Ultras/fans who actively encourage in fights and causing trouble at Associatoon football games.

All that stuff was easily obtained from the freedom of information act and his Facebook page and posts.

His family are just as pathetic for defending him. Loser

I find the fact he was allowed to play in an Australian Football comp when he was banned from Football Victoria comps as a known troublemaker quite interesting. Looks like he picked up a few bad habits from Australian Football after he was banned from Football Vic.

The coward has deactivated social media. Good, suck s**t son.

Last edited by a moderator:
On Glover it really is incredible that he got off.

Pretty much says it all. If you throw a flare back into a crowded area you are just as bad if not worse then the people throwing it by retaliating.

Pretty much players can now do as they please with incidents like this thanks to this ruling.

Richarlison copped a ban for it under far less volatile circumstances. I dont buy the injuries as a mitigating factor either - he wasnt injured when he decided to do what he did.

Bucketman id is out. And he was a Epping Australian footy club player after being banned from Football Victoria in 2016!

Not too much reporting about the Australian football link in the Herald Sun.....
I find the fact he was allowed to play in an Australian Football comp when he was banned from Football Victoria comps as a known troublemaker quite interesting. Looks like he picked up a few bad habits from Australian Football after he was banned from Football Vic.

The coward has deactivated social media. Good, suck s**t son.

AFL? FTFY it's Australian Football

AFL is not a sport!

On Glover it really is incredible that he got off.

Pretty much says it all. If you throw a flare back into a crowded area you are just as bad if not worse then the people throwing it by retaliating.

Pretty much players can now do as they please with incidents like this thanks to this ruling.

Richarlison copped a ban for it under far less volatile circumstances. I dont buy the injuries as a mitigating factor either - he wasnt injured when he decided to do what he did.

If he didn't cop the bucket to the head whack which saw him rushed to hospital, he probably would have copped a suspension imo.

Anyhow Monty sounds a tad salty because Tommy Boy was heroic last evening v the Mariners, definitely probably saved our bacon in the end with some world class slaves. What a pro !!!

Finally it seems like security around A League crowds are going to be extra vigilant and crack down on Flares in future, definitely don't want to see them again at a City game (home or away)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back