Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2000
Gold Coast, QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox (MLB)
Thank God for that.
A nice relaxing afternoon. No stress in that.
Just an enjoyable display.

Highlights:

LONIE'S GOAL!
Anyone else explode in their pants when he kicked that? :eek: :D
Goal of the year!

Rhyce Shaw.
27 touches off half back. He has come good.
Was brilliant. Provided great run off HB.

Josh Fraser.
Surely his best ever game for us. 21 or 22 touches (was our highest possesion getter to quarter time with 9), 2 goals, won the ruck. Let's see more of it Josh!

Scott Burns.
This guy doesn't get the credit he deserves.
An out and out champion.

Chris Tarrant.
16 or 17 marks again. Just a machine. 3 goals. 20-something touches.
Champion.

Shane Woewodin.
Didn't he love it! 22 touches. Was hard all day. Was great in-and-under. Set up at least 2 goals with his fast handballs out of the pack. Could have had a goal after a great mark but unselfishly passed to Broadie in the goalsquare. Love you Woey!

Sh*t! Everyone was great!

Turning point of season.

Yes an excellent win.

However just one or two points.

Is Taz lacking confidence in his set shots, because in recent weeks i've noticed that he will look to pass from 50 out, but today i noticed he was looking to pass from even close. Or is he just really non-selfish.

Rocca - is out of form, but he is a good enough player to find it again.

Molloy? am usually a fan of his, put doesn't seem to be doing anything on the ground lately.

And one last thing, if Scotland goes back to the ressies next week, i'll march down to training and beat MM with whatever i can find

Originally posted by Ron

... doesn't seem to be doing anything on the ground lately.

I wouldn't say that, He gave the crowd some marking practice during the last quarter! :D

Originally posted by Ron
Is Taz lacking confidence in his set shots, because in recent weeks i've noticed that he will look to pass from 50 out, but today i noticed he was looking to pass from even close. Or is he just really non-selfish.

Chrissy was passing even more than usual because he appeared to slightly strain his groin early on in the match, so obviously he didn't want to test it too much.

Originally posted by kristin5
Chrissy was passing even more than usual because he appeared to slightly strain his groin early on in the match, so obviously he didn't want to test it too much.

Keeping a close watch on his groin are you? ;)

Originally posted by Hoggy
Keeping a close watch on his groin are you? ;)

Yeah...the things I do! (completely selflessly, of course!) ;) I had to perv on Chrissy :), in Nath's absence :(

A fair win, I don't think we were burning or anything, but its great to see Lonie and Fraser gearing up, and fellas like Scotland and O'Bree have an opportunity to work a bit.

As noted, Molloy and Rocca are still down, but they have both managed to contribute-Molly by belting anyone within reach, and Rocca by rucking well for short bursts (and belting everyone within reach).

A decent side needs to belt poor opponents and take advantage of struggling sides. No disrespect to Melbourne, they'll be good again next year, but we needed to exploit them to prove we're a fair dinkum side.

Burns, Shaw and Tarrant continue their good form, but best of all is the teamwork and cohesion of the side. we showed some elasticity and a lot of trust and self belief yesterday. Good stuff, we're still in the hunt.

Nick TPM not eveyone was great.
Johnston had about 7 turn overs and gave away 3 goals on my count (his clanger count was 5). His disposal is not up to seniors level. He CONTINUALLY kicks to a 2 or 3 on 1 or a contest. He is clearly a weak link
Molloy did nothing - again.
I think Pebbles may be carrying an injury.
Apart from that, yes we did play well but I think the opposition was particularly weak, but you only play whoever we come up against.

Re Johnson, I must have been at a different game.

Johnson was very good. His kicking had depth that I haven't seen for a while and he set up a lot of forward thrusts. All sides can afford to carry one or two players without all the skills because they have other attributes. Personally i would take Johnno over McGough any day. At least he has pace and defensive skills.

Non performers were:
Molloy. He has nothing to contribute.
Rocca. Seems to have lost confidence - will come good
Cole - back to Willy for him
Wakelin - for the second week running his services were not required and he spent a long time on the pine.

Hotpie - I guess so. Although I was on level P in the AFL members.
But back to the topic. Check his stats.
On only 1 occassion did he kick the ball to a player on his own. He had 5 clangers. On the other occassions, as I said earlier, he kicked to a 2 or 3 on 1 contest.
He gave away a certain 2 and depending on your piont of view probably 3 goals.

On my other point (you say Monday) but can you ever tell me when he has played an (not even good) average game.
His skills are hopeless.
He has never been taught to kick, in fact Tony Shaw would probably kick the ball longer. He gets killed every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back