Abortion

Remove this Banner Ad

If a girl has a miscarriage at say 16 weeks, should there be a police investigation into what the caused this? Should the girl be punished by law if she smoked or drank alcohol and that caused the miscarriage?
Can you prove her negligence cost the life? Then yes.

A person is responsible for their actions or they aren't.

I've never wanted kids so I've always taken care of my contraception. I don't know if I could have an abortion. It's never been something I've had to face.

It's absolutely none of my business what anyone else does. I'm not going to judge anyone because I am not in their shoes.
I'm definitely pro choice though.

Just a curious question for the anti-abortion people.

If a girl has a miscarriage at say 16 weeks, should there be a police investigation into what the caused this? Should the girl be punished by law if she smoked or drank alcohol and that caused the miscarriage?

One of my sister's had a miscarriage at 17 weeks between the healthy births of both of her sons. She didn't ever get a medical reason for it. It was pretty traumatic for her and her husband.
They went on to have another son but it was pretty hard for them psychologically after the miscarriage.
I don't recall if there was a Police investigation. I doubt it though.

I have another friend who had a baby die in utero a few weeks before he was due. She had to be induced and give birth. Horrible.

These incidents are not fun.
Just adding some personal insights.

I have a question for those that are anti abortion, say a woman has an Ectopic pregnancy. This is still technically a pregnancy are people allowed to terminate in circumstances like this?

That's probably the toughest question possible to ask on the subject and to be perfectly honest, I really don't have an answer as to where I stand.

I don't think someone suffering the mental trauma of being raped would look on the bright side. The woman in question would know that the baby's father was her rapist, the man (or transgender woman) who caused her so much pain. Because NO-ONE WANTS TO BE RAPED! (duh) Also the pain this would cause the baby when they eventually inevitably find out the truth, that their father (or transgender mother) is a rapist. They probably wouldn't refer to the rapist as the father.

Neither world someone suffering from domestic abuse. No one wants to be bashed. But again when a parent has children in that circumstances, they can still find the light. 'Yes you came from someone who destroyed my existence but I've got this miracle to show for it.'

You sound like a well adjusted individual for a 14-year-old and wiser than your years. But don't discount the value of life experience in assessing these sorts of situations either.

Which I shouldn't either, for that matter. I've still got plenty to learn.

As for the other part - people have learned to live with being the children of murderers, child sex offenders ect. It's a s**t sandwich but people do find ways to deal with it.

I swear some of the pro-lifer nutbags don't see any difference between terminating a pregnancy at 6 weeks and killing a newborn.

The only difference is that it is easier to see the humanity of a newborn than it is to see something only newly created.

There is no magical line after contraception that defines when humanity begins. The only logical options are that it begins at conception, or that it begins at birth - and few would be able to allow the latter.

That's probably the toughest question possible to ask on the subject and to be perfectly honest, I really don't have an answer as to where I stand.

Not really, baby is going to die anyway it's either abort humanely or put the mother through extreme duress and possibly even death. Hey at least the baby died naturally though....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's my whole thing...

No one has a right to tell someone what they can or can't do with their bodies. If they want to have an Abortion then let them. It has no bearing or effect on your life if someone makes that decision, are you going to raise that baby if the mother doesn't abort it?
It is absolutely no one else's business on the matter of abortion bar the people involved.

I am 100 percent pro abortion.

And truthfully, I am on contraception and always use an extra form of protection but if anything happened I would get an abortion. I do not want Children (at this stage) and do not want to be forced to keep something that I tried to stop happening in the first place.

Here's my whole thing...

No one has a right to tell someone what they can or can't do with their bodies. If they want to have an Abortion then let them. It has no bearing or effect on your life if someone makes that decision, are you going to raise that baby if the mother doesn't abort it?
It is absolutely no one else's business on the matter of abortion bar the people involved.

(but the child involved gets no say)

Again though - to play Devil's Advocate - I don't think anti-abortion people are against women choosing what to do with their own bodies. They just tend to think that a fetus, which has potentially reached the point of having a heartbeat and brain functions and bodily movement, deserves some rights/recognition too.

I suppose whether you think abortion is morally right or wrong depends on when you believe human life begins.

Last edited:
(but the child involved gets no say)
just like they got no say in being conceived, who their parents are, what color hair they have and everything else

Here’s one for you. A bloke I see through work occasionally has just had his partner tell him that she is pregnant, about 4-5 weeks into the pregnancy.

They have pre-agreed that if she fell pregnant they would have an abortion however she has completely changed her mind and is set on keeping it.

He wants nothing to do with the situation, isn’t ready for a child or to be a father due to financial reasons and general life reasons at this stage of his life. He told her during the start that she will be doing it on her own due to their prior agreement and if she wants to that’s fine, but he’s essentially going to sell up and go on the dole so that she can’t smash him for child support.

He’s come around from those initial thoughts now however and understands it’s a hard thing for her to go through and isn’t going to do any of the above, he’s scared to all s**t about the situation though, but doesn’t think it’s fair on the child to grow up without him over the situation, however he also doesn’t feel like he’s ready to be a dad. He ultimately said last Friday that it’s her decision now and he’s going to try his best to deal with whatever she comes up with and play his part, but he’s not real happy considering they had a prior agreement.

Thoughts on that situation?

you know a fetus is not a child right

Who made you the ruler of this world, deciding when a human is not a human?

I must admit I am uncomfortable with late term abortions (after 24 weeks) because I believe that life begins at viability.

The youngest known premature baby to survive was born at 21 weeks.

Here’s one for you. A bloke I see through work occasionally has just had his partner tell him that she is pregnant, about 4-5 weeks into the pregnancy.

They have pre-agreed that if she fell pregnant they would have an abortion however she has completely changed her mind and is set on keeping it.

He wants nothing to do with the situation, isn’t ready for a child or to be a father due to financial reasons and general life reasons at this stage of his life. He told her during the start that she will be doing it on her own due to their prior agreement and if she wants to that’s fine, but he’s essentially going to sell up and go on the dole so that she can’t smash him for child support.

He’s come around from those initial thoughts now however and understands it’s a hard thing for her to go through and isn’t going to do any of the above, he’s scared to all s**t about the situation though, but doesn’t think it’s fair on the child to grow up without him over the situation, however he also doesn’t feel like he’s ready to be a dad. He ultimately said last Friday that it’s her decision now and he’s going to try his best to deal with whatever she comes up with and play his part, but he’s not real happy considering they had a prior agreement.

Thoughts on that situation?

He should have used contraception. Doesn't sound like he's man enough to make any sort of big decisions.

He should have used contraception. Doesn't sound like he's man enough to make any sort of big decisions.
I believe they were using the pill and she has the thing in her arm, however that’s why they pre-agreed on the abortion if it came to air.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back