Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh come on, this is a professional footy team you are talking about, with more than one assistant.
What part of "We don't have the cattle " don't people understand.
Nobody can do anything with this list until some experience kicks in.....and some quality talent.

It’s nothing to do with Cattle, we know we are short on talent.
It’s the same old message wrapped around the same old players.
New coach brings new hope, new sets of boundaries, new everything.
Same results may still be the case but you will be instilling a new culture as you go forward.
We are not doing that now.
No one is saying the results will be different. How can you not see a fresh approach is so badly needed.
Adan Simpson cannot ever provide that new fresh approach.

Seems our younger players have regressed under Simpsons watch. Long and Maric and Ginbey. Chesser been ordinary, how bad will they end up if simmo stays until end of 2025. Look at Richmond a new coach no Martin and heap of young guys playing well against Sydney today.

Oh come on, this is a professional footy team you are talking about, with more than one assistant.
What part of "We don't have the cattle " don't people understand.
Nobody can do anything with this list until some experience kicks in.....and some quality talent.

This is the exact reasoning why we are were we are… we know what we have but oooh it’s to much of a risk to get rid of him becuase of who could do better.

It’s the same reasoning behind our list management that keeps plodders like Waterman, Nelson, Jones, Trew, McInnes, Cole, Petch and Rotham on our list for years all being below average afl players because no one wants to work hard enough in recruiting to replace them so we keep signing them year after year.

Officially done backing him, needs to be a change. Damaging both the club and his reputation at this point.

Give someone else the helm for 2024.

Simmo ain't lasting the year if performances like today and last week are gonna be the norm. And I'm someone who thinks they should hold onto him because there's literally no other decent coach out there available.
How do you know this? Kingsley only began last year, Macrae 3 years ago

It’s nothing to do with Cattle, we know we are short on talent.
It’s the same old message wrapped around the same old players.
New coach brings new hope, new sets of boundaries, new everything.
Same results may still be the case but you will be instilling a new culture as you go forward.
We are not doing that now.
No one is saying the results will be different. How can you not see a fresh approach is so badly needed.
Adan Simpson cannot ever provide that new fresh approach.

No illusions that we are short of cattle, but there's just no way we are this bad and far behind every other AFL team. No one can tell me this team that is playing for Richmond right now is light years ahead of our 22 talent wise.

A fresh view and new gameplan does wonders

Something seriously wrong off field and has been for 3 years and the person most responsible is constantly excused of blame by an unusually large percentage of our supporters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the assistants be it Knights or Schofield could comfortably step up should he go mid year or earlier, on the basis of ‘refreshing’ the group and trying to instil a bit of life and energy.

I think we are getting closer to that point, the end result today was poor - back to back goalless halves and the overall inability to score is a big worry already.

Never has such a low opinion of an Eagles coach.

Even with a flag I'm over him smirking and not looking like he GAF.

Rather have a spinning empty chair right now

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
simpsons bird GIF

Would prob do a better job right now

One of the assistants be it Knights or Schofield could comfortably step up should he go mid year or earlier, on the basis of ‘refreshing’ the group and trying to instil a bit of life and energy.

I think we are getting closer to that point, the end result today was poor - back to back goalless halves and the overall inability to score is a big worry already.
Knights was putrid as a head coach though.

I actually think the players do play for Simmo. I don't think he's lost the group. Rather, I think the questions have to be raised about the game plan and what they're trying to achieve, and whether it's the right fit. Simmo talks a lot about brand, and we know that they're bringing a player generated brand to GameDay they want to take into the future. It's hard to see evidence of that brand when your skills and gameplan aren't remotely competitive.

I am not a fan of Simpson, but if they have $3 - 6 million (or whatever it would cost to get rid of him) to throw around then i would rather they spent it on better drafting and development so we don't screw up the draft picks in our near future as badly as we have the ones in the recent past.

If he is to go i think trying to get a caretaker like Worsfold to take over for a designated 3 year period and then hand over to a new (hopefully) longer term coach would be the way to go. Nobody who is not a favourite son of the club and who is looking to have a long term senior coaching career would want to take over a list in this state. They will all know that it will take 5 years to get us back in the 8 and they will likely be sacked after 3 seasons of no finals and their coaching career would be over.

Last edited:
There is absolutely NO WAY that Pyke will stand for this.

He’s a results-orientated operator and a slick assistant coach, who doesn’t stay quiet, as proven with his work at Adelaide and Sydney.

The bloke doesn’t tolerate crap. And this is…well…it’s beyond crap.

Simmo will be sacked following next week’s Sydney demolition in Adelaide…for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think they really are trying and putting way more effort in than previous years where it was obvious they didn't care, weren't trying and felt the coach and CEO had already given them a tacit permission slip to lose by any margin without consequences courtesy of the Covid/injuries excuses that kept being trotted out.

The death knell for Simpson, assuming things continue this way and we keep losing games by 10 goals plus regardless of our high effort levels, might come around 8 or so where the bottom might fall out mentally for the group and they stop trying so hard. It is just human nature that people don't want to keep trying as hard as they can at something indefinately and getting no reward or positive re - inforcement. There comes a point of learned helplessness where people stop trying. It will be hard for him to get this group to keep putting in the effort levels currently being applied for the whole season if the beltings continue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back