Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

And I bet my life savings that day $5.00 each-way.

*Gamble Responsibly
And when I heard Bill Collins say, Hyperno in such a tight finish, I knew it (the Cup) was returning to the King.

Fun fact: every time North Melbourne have won the flag, Bart Cummings trained the Melbourne Cup winner that year.
The same can be said of St Kilda winning the flag. Bart trained the winner.

For what it’s worth, I think Harry White was better suited to Hyperno than Roy Higgins. Was more tractable for Harry.

ps avatar is now Gold And Black and if you notice there’s a horse finishing third in that year....

And when I heard Bill Collins say, Hyperno in such a tight finish, I knew it (the Cup) was returning to the King.

Fun fact: every time North Melbourne have won the flag, Bart Cummings trained the Melbourne Cup winner that year.
The same can be said of St Kilda winning the flag. Bart trained the winner.

For what it’s worth, I think Harry White was better suited to Hyperno than Roy Higgins. Was more tractable for Harry.

ps avatar is now Gold And Black and if you notice there’s a horse finishing third in that year....
Hmzz have to think about it was it Reckless? Or Hyperno..

Hmzz have to think about it was it Reckless? Or Hyperno..
Reckless was second, and he’s obscured in the avatar.
The third placed horse, and you can see him in the red jacket in the avatar, is Hyperno.

Was 66/1 with Brian Andrews up top, then trained by Geoff Murphy.

Gets a bad rap on here but up there in the media's eyes, got BOG last week, team of the round this week. High in media awards. Think we expect a bit too much from him, high volume of possessions, high volume of turnovers...

The Media I use the word Experts quite Lossely

Gets a bad rap on here but up there in the media's eyes, got BOG last week, team of the round this week. High in media awards. Think we expect a bit too much from him, high volume of possessions, high volume of turnovers...

I think most generally acknowledge how good he is, that he's had 3 BOG's in the Didaka and votes in 3 other games attests to that. I don't know we've seen much of his very best this year though and that's not meant as a knock on him, just acknowledgement of how good he can be.

Treloar at times seems a bit quiet in the first half of games but his second half performances are often outstanding. Gives his all and has dragged us back into games regularly along with Pendles and Sidebottom.
Disposal has been iffy this year but he just needs to work on his technique. Seems he's fallen into a habit that affects a lot of players nowadays which is leaning and twisting to his non-kicking side too much as if he's trying to hook the ball. Think this is Phillips' and Adams' problem too. Should be coached not to do it.
I also think he's sacrificed a bit of his flair to help the team out recently. When Adams comes back in he'll be back to his explosive best I reckon. God help us if he and Adams are ever out at the same time (he says seeking the nearest block of wood).

Hey all, just wondering how you would assess Treloar's year and Brownlow chances so far?
Still getting plenty of the ball, but seems to have a low profile in the media...

Or is Grundy the better bet for a Pies player in the Brownlow? He was fantastic on the weekend...

Notice that he and Adams have changed their kicking technique to really lean over the ball and watch it onto the boot. Hasn’t really helped him though with his kicking. Not sure there is much more you can do at this age.

Notice that he and Adams have changed their kicking technique to really lean over the ball and watch it onto the boot. Hasn’t really helped him though with his kicking. Not sure there is much more you can do at this age.
I have noticed Phillips doing as you say on occasion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me Treloars issue is really obvious and fixable with a heap of drilling. Right hand and thus ball starts too high and then he brings the hand downwards too fast, so he's flinging the ball downwards at his boot.

Hey all, just wondering how you would assess Treloar's year and Brownlow chances so far?
Still getting plenty of the ball, but seems to have a low profile in the media...

Or is Grundy the better bet for a Pies player in the Brownlow? He was fantastic on the weekend...
He's been solid without having those eye catching games that saw him finish high up a couple of years ago. He certainly gets a lot of it and his hair colour won't hurt, but if Grundy doesn't top the Pies Brownlow voting, a ruckman will never win one again. Treloar will poll well he always performs above expectations but unless the shackles are released with the return of Adams he will struggle to finish top 15

No point getting the footy Adam if you are going to butcher the ball continuely.

I know longer rate this bloke
Very harsh. He’s a quality player struggling a bit at the moment. He will come good.

What about Sidebottom? Most overrated player in Collingwood history
Has runs in the bank though, Sidders always has a few games like that, when his kicking goes off it normally hangs around for a few weeks, he comes good when the whips are cracking though.

Treloar really worries me, he has the talent but we're getting * all from him ATM, needs VFL games to gain some confidence.

He had the ball 39 times and went at 79% DE, 2nd most clearances on the ground and most tackles.

I don’t know what more you’re expecting when no other midfielder besides Pendlebury were supporting him.

Give it a rest, far worse players out there tonight.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back