News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

What's an example of a payout in the millions for psychological distress?

20 complainants by $100k each is a payout in the million$. And it wouldn't be too hard in 3-4 years to get a few signatures to a group action and force the club to settle. Don't forget that it's not to what extent the players feel that they were damaged, it's what the lawyers think they can extricate from the club. And this is a club that doesn't like to have negative press in the public domain. I have my own experience with the AFC CFO paying our invoice for the F&B service provided by the Alice Springs Golf Club prior to the Melbourne debacle. This is a weak club that will absolutely mortgage the future performance of the club to protect the existing board/management group. Tippett cough Trigg cough Chapman cough.

That's what I am asking. You need to be more specific than "let them loose" Was it the plastic guns? The heavy metal music? The tied to a tree sounds bad, but really its a camp and preseason. You know sometimes to punish a player, they make them ... get this ... run between their fellow employees and get balls kicked at them. Physically kicked.

At the moment, JJ and Jacobs can cry to the media about how mean and nasty this all was. If it gets to this point, it gets a bit more serious and the allegations will be held to account, and when you truely read into what happened, none of it will hold weight. The only crime is just how lame and embarrassing it all is.

It's a failure of duty under the act. There is no need to identify what "let them loose" means. That was your question and I provided one of the sections that we've potentially breached. You can run as many hypothetical physical drills as you like, it won't change it. Answer this hypothetical. If we trained in 40 degree celcius heat for 3 hours without access to water to improve player's physical resilience and a player or 2 succumbed and died, would that pinpoint a breach in your mind?

It's a failure of duty under the act. There is no need to identify what "let them loose" means. That was your question and I provided one of the sections that we've potentially breached. You can run as many hypothetical physical drills as you like, it won't change it. Answer this hypothetical. If we trained in 40 degree celcius heat for 3 hours without access to water to improve player's physical resilience and a player or 2 succumbed and died, would that pinpoint a breach in your mind?
Of course it would. Because you’ve specified what happened and the affect it had on the player.

You have to specify what the crows actually did that was a failure of their duty under the act. It’s kind of important. You can get away with generalized gossip when you write a tabloid story but in a court you need to do with cold specifics and facts.

We’d have insurance for that

Exactly. And reality is that between our club and our insurers, there's money available to make this all go away. But we can't admit any form of liability without having our insurance company up and leave us. So, we're in no man's land right now. There's ex players who have legal advice that with certain coaching they'll have a claim and it will bear fruit. Especially when it's against an organisation that has no record of standing up for itself whatsoever. So, nothing will materially change over the next few years whilst most players are still in the system. They won't want to rock the boat especially considering that they are employees of the AFL as a whole.

We won't know what this will cost until the vast majority of these players have transitioned to retirement and decide or not to grab an extra payout by way of a claim against the AFC for mental anguish and subsequent loss of earnings and life happiness. The SafeWork SA is all bullshit, it won't benefit the players in a financial sense, it will only penalise and correct practices of the employer. SafeWork SA are doing what all safety establishments do, and that is exactly nothing of importance. But, trust me, the civil case behind breach of contract or limiting future earnings by way of mental anguish is real. And it's something that our club will eventually cough up for to some extent.

Of course it would. Because you’ve specified what happened and the affect it had on the player.

You have to specify what the crows actually did that was a failure of their duty under the act. It’s kind of important. You can get away with generalized gossip when you write a tabloid story but in a court you need to do with cold specifics and facts.

Would it? How about you pinpoint the part of the legislation that specifically deals with an employer causing an employee to lose their life due to that failure. I eagerly await your learned response on this.

For your reference, here is link to the act and the regulations, so I've done most of the job for you.

Would it? How about you pinpoint the part of the legislation that specifically deals with an employer causing an employee to lose their life due to that failure. I eagerly await your learned response on this.

For your reference, here is link to the act and the regulations, so I've done most of the job for you.

19(1)(a)

That’ll be $2000 thanks

In an investigation, these very nasty personal things that certain players got upset about being shared will be in open discussion

So yeah bring it on, sure.
If it happens will be a sealed investigation as the biggest issue will be the psychological trauma instigated by an employer. Mental health privacy.

All we will know is if the club and AFL are negligent.

We won't get any details.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If it happens will be a sealed investigation as the biggest issue will be the psychological trauma instigated by an employer. Mental health privacy.

All we will know is if the club and AFL are negligent.

We won't get any details.

But it will need to be discussed even if in private.

And it will be up to JJ, Mcgovern etc to prove it was the camp that caused the loss of earnings. Not any other factor. Which will all have to play out as well.

Won’t be pleasant. Players have more to lose than many think.

You can argue the penalties or whatever, but ultimately the Essendon drugs saga was closed out. Whatever wasn't shredded formed part of what became an open investigation. The club copped a lettuce leaf whack, the AFL tried to get the players off by fixing their tribunal and a few employees/contractors walked the plank. We hid behind Sloane telling everyone it was the best thing ever for him and the Pyke/Burton press conference. We then belatedly admit some things mightn't have gone right, but it's in the past. Well, it's not in the past for everybody and it's clearly still newsworthy. They could have nipped it in the bud back then, but they chose a different path. Maybe they can still put it to bed by coming clean, maybe they have legal advice not to, who knows. All that is known is that had we dealt with the unhappy players from the beginning and publicly owned our mistakes, we'd not still be having this dredged up 3 years down the track. It's 100% on our incompetent club leadership.

Just who are these unhappy players? Jenkins, Betts, McGovern and Jacobs.

And how does Collective Minds not be held to account as well?

Seriously, this is a non-story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGovern did not go to the worst parts of the camp and it’s not the reason he left, ignore whatever sh*t his manager sprouted. Betts and Sauce wouldn’t be a surprise though.

I have been told gov left because he was fine to go for the GF and he wasnt selected + hated pyke

Rightio, did not realise that. That must make you some expert on everyting.

Well aren't you the #1 expert. My wife was involved in the court system for many years. I just asked her her opinion and she said there is NO case to answer purely on the basis it was held in Queensland and not SA. In other words there is no juristriction for any case to be levelled against the Crows. Marshall, the Premier came out and said this last week. These journos need clickbait, pure and simple as that.

Just who are these unhappy players? Jenkins, Betts, McGovern and Jacobs.

And how does Collective Minds not be held to account as well?

Seriously, this is a non-story.
all of those players have publicly dismissed the camp as being the reason they left. Even Keath dismissed it.

Edit - McGovern hasn't, but his half wit manager has done most of the talking for him.

Some on here say there were really bad parts that only the leadership group were exposed to, but they've all talked it up and are still here FFS.

The worst we got was CEY and that was pretty nothing.

I think there are people of this board desperate for something to come out so they can feel vindicated or at least less silly for falling for the whole thing.

Well aren't you the #1 expert. My wife was involved in the court system for many years. I just asked her her opinion and she said there is NO case to answer purely on the basis it was held in Queensland and not SA. In other words there is no juristriction for any case to be levelled against the Crows. Marshall, the Premier came out and said this last week. These journos need clickbait, pure and simple as that.
If I am an electrician working for a firm based in SA but doing work in Victoria and there is an accident in the workplace.

Safework SA won't investigate?

If I am an electrician working for a firm based in SA but doing work in Victoria and there is an accident in the workplace.

Correct. The Victorian Safeworking rules apply. They would have to investigate not SA. It falls under the states having their own accident juristiction.

I would have thought it’s up to the governing body where you are working.

In events, when I work in Vic, they are the ones who audit, when in SA its safework SA.

all of those players have publicly dismissed the camp as being the reason they left. Even Keath dismissed it.

Some on here say there were really bad parts that only the leadership group were exposed to, but they've all talked it up and are still here FFS.

The worst we got was CEY and that was pretty nothing.

I think there are a very people of this board desperate for something to come out so they can feel vindicated or at least less silly for falling for the whole thing.

none of us think there's that much in the camp. It's more that the club denied, silenced the unhappy whilst rolling out the highly paid sycophants to tell you and I how great it was. That it's still newsworthy must tell you something other than the entire world is against you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back