Adelaide United FC Thread: Champions (2015-16), Premiers (2005-06, 2015-16), FFA Cup (2014) Winners

Who will win the premiership and championship in 2016?

• Adelaide United

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Adelaide United

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • no other choice sorry

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now Isa is floating the idea of an Aussie citizenship. Now THAT would be handy, probably moreso than Chelo given Isa is far more durable and younger.

Surely Choi stays on since we have Cirio and Henrique out still. Good to see Chelo back. Will be on the bench tomorrow I assume but hopefully he and Holland can stay fit for the rest of the season and Makarounas never starts again.

Now Isa is floating the idea of an Aussie citizenship. Now THAT would be handy, probably moreso than Chelo given Isa is far more durable and younger.
Would be brilliant but if he's not a foreigner anymore oppo teams would likely go after him a lot harder, so I hope he wants to stay here for a while yet.

Larocca is getting his done too isn't he? Chelo is eligible next year but I don't see him being with us next season.

Looking forward to tomorrow and going to my first game this season. Desperate for a win and get some stability into the year, our luck has to turn around sometime soon, some decent refereeing would help.
How the f*** has the FFA not cited Kilkenny for that dive? I remember La Rocca getting 4 weeks from the MRP for a dubious elbow from grainy footage.
F***ing joke.

Holland still missing and Chelo on the bench.

Maka starts and we have the same starting 11 as last week. We must win tonight.

That was ugly. First full game I've seen and we were horrendous after half time.

Ochieng came on and literally made us worse. Don't see any upside to him. The chance he had with a few minutes to go his first touch was too long and then he crosses it into Izzo's hands.

Reality is that with our 2 injured wingers back he doesn't make the squad, he's only a kid so he's probably crapping himself coming on and needing to win.

Has to be given time to settle.

Makarounas needs to be out of the squad all-together next week, with Mells on the bench. I can't take it anymore and it's been 5 games. I said it as soon as we signed him and I'm still saying it now - he is ******* terrible, and he is proving me very right.

Yep, I was willing to give him a chance but he really looks out of his depth which in turn puts pressure on Mells who isn't quite there yet.

Our central defenders are slow and the lack of pressure from those 2 means opposition have more time to pick the right pass.

That said, we were very very unlucky to lose the previous matches even with Maka in the side. Most of our errors have been ordinary passes from the back giving us trouble.

I reckon if I pulled up some posts from this time last year......

We will be right, but it's not good right now.

Ochieng came on and literally made us worse. Don't see any upside to him. The chance he had with a few minutes to go his first touch was too long and then he crosses it into Izzo's hands.

Also the one where Eugene turned a halfway line clearance into an effective long ball behind the Mariners defence, who weren't expecting it to stay in, and then instead of bringing it down and driving into the box for a cross across the 6 yard box or a near post shot, he managed to scythe his first touch over the byline for a goal kick.

Or the throw in from near the corner right at the end, which he managed to kick into his own hand and give away the free kick.

If today is a sign of things to come then I'm worried, but I don't believe it is.

Brisbane will be tough even without JMac.

Putrid second half, no energy, too many wanting others to do the hard work. Brisbane will touch us up Friday night if we keep dishing the same s**t up.

Need Holland back and Chelo to start, although neither will last much more than an hour particularly Chelo. These 2 guys can put their foot on the ball and change the tempo.

Marrone back in full training but our fullbacks by and large haven't been the issue. O'Doherty is promising but too slight at this stage to have an impact for the full 90. Kitto is big enough he just hasn't got the final finish yet.

Cirio hasn't started running yet I don't think, so Marrone will be back first.

Garrucios crossing has been pretty good thus far, certainly better than Kitto.

One of the few highlights from the game for me was the Red Army and their new Guardiola chant - "We've got Guardiola" sung to the tune of Glad All Over.

Back