Adelaide Vs North - The start of their rebuilds

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened here? Adelaide are a long way ahead of North, despite both clubs starting their rebuilds at the same time.

Adelaide aren't far behind Fremantle in their rebuild now, despite Fremantle starting their rebuild before Adelaide.

At least we now know North can afford to bottom out. Remember when people said North would be in danger of folding if they bottomed out? North have won 11 games since the start of 2020 and are in no danger of folding.
We picked up Dawson and Rankine and Walker found the fountain of youth.

Really we still desperately lack midfield talent.

The Crows prioritised positions on the field that are harder to fill, while leaving other areas to later.
The two hardest positions to find elite talent in is Small Forwards and KPFs.
The Crows went hard at the top talent in those areas, and now all they really have to do is find a couple of mids.
It's easier to find one of them than it is to find a Rochelle, Rankine or Thillthorpe.

North on the other hand built theirs up from the midfield out.

The Crows prioritised positions on the field that are harder to fill, while leaving other areas to later.
The two hardest positions to find elite talent in is Small Forwards and KPFs.
The Crows went hard at the top talent in those areas, and now all they really have to do is find a couple of mids.
It's easier to find one of them than it is to find a Rochelle, Rankine or Thillthorpe.

North on the other hand built theirs up from the midfield out.
Amazing how the Crows started rebuilding about five years after Carlton yet have already gone past them this year.
Fremantle should be about 2-3 years ahead of the Crows in their rebuild, yet there's marginal difference between them now in terms of where they're at in their rebuilds.

Amazing how the Crows started rebuilding about five years after Carlton yet have already gone past them this year.
Fremantle should be about 2-3 years ahead of the Crows in their rebuild, yet there's marginal difference between them now in terms of where they're at in their rebuilds.
I think there is an element of culture as well. Carlton has spent so long as the bottom of the ladder, underperforming and underdelivering. At some point his can become a part of your make up. We saw the same thing at Melbourne for a long time.
Adelaide has never bottomed out previously. They have never had a culture of no expectations of winning.
I think at some point, Carlton don't know how to be successful.

I think there is an element of culture as well. Carlton has spent so long as the bottom of the ladder, underperforming and underdelivering. At some point his can become a part of your make up. We saw the same thing at Melbourne for a long time.
Adelaide has never bottomed out previously. They have never had a culture of no expectations of winning.
I think at some point, Carlton don't know how to be successful.
Crows this year remind me a lot of Port 2013.
Young and exciting team exceeding expectations after 5 years of rubbish. Can see you guys making the semis this year too.

Crows this year remind me a lot of Port 2013.
Young and exciting team exceeding expectations after 5 years of rubbish. Can see you guys making the semis this year too.

They could easily be top 4 right now if they didn't throw away that game in round 1 v The Giants and a couple of heart breaking losses to the best team in the comp right now (Collingwood)

I firmly hope the Crows and Port somehow meet in the finals this year.

Would easily be the biggest Showdown ever (and there has been many)

A blockbuster match up worth savouring!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back