Adelaide's decline

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam McClures article in the Age today about the now infamous camp makes for interesting reading

Does it? Or is it entirely boring?

There isn't much that wasn't already in the public arena either by reported fact, interview or gossip.

The camp has been done to death.

Maclure needs to let it go.

Does it? Or is it entirely boring?

There isn't much that wasn't already in the public arena either by reported fact, interview or gossip.

The camp has been done to death.

Maclure needs to let it go.
The critical question in terms of moving on is whether the players have trust in the clubs administration

It's telling that a Melbourne paper has cracked this finally, you'd think the well connected Adelaide reporters would have got there first.

It was a very underwhelming piece, much that has already been reported if not all.

It's telling that a Melbourne paper has cracked this finally, you'd think the well connected Adelaide reporters would have got there first.
Because they aren't as obsessed as McLure is about it, what does revealing anything now prove? Was a horrible camp but like Gibbs quoted he has been on far worse at camps at Carlton. Time to move on from it now, I'm sure other clubs have had bad training camps before but those haven't been revealed.

On SM-T590 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gotta say, I was expecting some more revelations than what we got.

Said he interviewed 6 ex players, they mustn’t have said much...
If it was that bad you would think the 6 ex players would've revealed it, nothing more to see here and of course I am bias but time to move on. Nothing to do with Nicks and our new footy op manager Adam Kelly.

If it was that bad you would think the 6 ex players would've revealed it, nothing more to see here and of course I am bias but time to move on. Nothing to do with Nicks and our new footy op manager Adam Kelly.

Look, there’s no doubt the camp fell flat on its face and caused some issues. But the way it’s spoken about vs what is actually reported don’t match up.

Today’s article was very Sam McLure trying too hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, there’s no doubt the camp fell flat on its face and caused some issues. But the way it’s spoken about vs what is actually reported don’t match up.

Today’s article was very Sam McLure trying too hard.
Yeah that is true, I think it's time to just move on. The club is in year 1 of a rebuild and Nicks and co are trying to rebuild the club inside and out. I know we are the laughing stock of the afl at the moment, just want the club to regain the respect of the competition now.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah that is true, I think it's time to just move on. The club is in year 1 of a rebuild and Nicks and co are trying to rebuild the club inside and out. I know we are the laughing stock of the afl at the moment, just want the club to regain the respect of the competition now.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The first step to regaining the respect of the competition is to admit to the mistakes of the past, rather than adopting the 'nothing to see here' defence that the Crows have adopted for the past two and a half seasons. You can't solve a problem if you won't admit that the problem even exists.

Sidenote: The first step to regaining the respect of the competition DEFINITELY isn't a board member of the club publicly revealing confidential information about ex-players' salaries and accusing them of being mercenaries in an attempt to hide a glaringly obvious culture problem.

Only catharsis will heal the crows and that can only be achieved by removing everyone, at all levels, involved in any way with the collective minds camp. From its sign-off and implementation, to all subsequent justification, cover-up and spin doctoring. They won't become a winning club again until they go the full colonic on the institution.

Caro said on Footy Classified last night that the club’s spin doctors are still briefing media to downplay the impact of the camps. Which remains a fairly obvious smoking gun as to the source of their problems. So many people in this thread are looking for football and drafting based reasons for their decline and it’s a red herring. The issue is no matter which talent or staff walk in the door, there is no trust in the institution due to the unresolved problems and continued denial about the camp.

The first post is almost 11 months old now. The spin-doctoring is arguably worse than ever and the deflections and denials to try and paint it as a drafting or football department problem are the biggest deflection yet. The attacks on McClure, particularly on twitter are just absurd. "We knew this already" or "this is nothing new" doesn't actually lessen the ongoing demolition of institutional trust in the Adelaide Crows. You cannot magically move on "one week at a time" from this like the camp was a bad loss.

Only a complete top-down clean out will do. This will dog the Crows even longer than the Essendon scandal, because at least the Essendon protagonists fell on their swords or were sacked eventually, allowing the organisation to move on. Instead the Crows' same spin doctors are still trying to tell the outside world the camp isn't an issue. If you're a Crows fan sick of the story not going away, get the resignations and sackings to get the change. While the same people who oversaw the camp, the cover-up and the spin-doctoring hold office, the institution should absolutely not be trusted.

The first step to regaining the respect of the competition is to admit to the mistakes of the past, rather than adopting the 'nothing to see here' defence that the Crows have adopted for the past two and a half seasons. You can't solve a problem if you won't admit that the problem even exists.

Sidenote: The first step to regaining the respect of the competition DEFINITELY isn't a board member of the club publicly revealing confidential information about ex-players' salaries and accusing them of being mercenaries in an attempt to hide a glaringly obvious culture problem.
Somehow i dont think they are worried about what you think

You barrack for port they aren't looking for ypur support as you won't give it as i won't give minr to port or any other club for that

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The critical question in terms of moving on is whether the players have trust in the clubs administration

Sure, but that's CURRENT players. If those who left are still mad, that's for them and their shrink to work through.

As for current players we can only speculate without a shred of actual knowledge. Which is the worst type of speculation (though the most common *coughmaclurecough*).

Let it rest, the club will heal in it's own time, they have taken steps in the right direction (though not as many as they should have). Going over and over the camp just keeps wounds open

Remove this Banner Ad

Back