2nds AFC 2020 SANFL Thread - 2 games at Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the article on AdelaideNow actually claiming about Crows and Port SANFL not being able to operate if the AFL hubs come into fruition?? Does anyone have the details??

What is the article on AdelaideNow actually claiming about Crows and Port SANFL not being able to operate if the AFL hubs come into fruition?? Does anyone have the details??
I assume it will be because we'll take the whole squad with us to the hub so there won't be anyone in SA to play sanfl. As long as we don't pay the sanfl the $400k dividend i think it's fine

R.I.P. Neil Sachse

Former great Rooster Neil Sachse has passed away after a short illness.
Had a tough life after being left a paraplegic after a collision when playing for Footscray after a stellar career for North Adelaide.
Remembered for his tireless work for people with disabilities and the money he raised for a great cause.

Last edited:
SANFL want us and Port back in 2021. Yeh cause they know with list sizes cut we wont be able to comppete. Probably from 44 to 38 with 7 or 8 of them being on the rookie list so Crows and Port would sure to be bottom two.

SANFL want us and Port back in 2021. Yeh cause they know with list sizes cut we wont be able to comppete. Probably from 44 to 38 with 7 or 8 of them being on the rookie list so Crows and Port would sure to be bottom two.
It's not that at all really, the comp is bland without teams to hate

They're also missing the $400k that the Crows are paying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How come Port gets a report and photos of the scratch match against us and all we get is an ad for ******* Optus?

I did notice McHenry, Worrell and McAsey playing in the scratchie, so you can rule them out of the GWS game.

How come Port gets a report and photos of the scratch match against us and all we get is an ad for ******* Optus?

I did notice McHenry, Worrell and McAsey playing in the scratchie, so you can rule them out of the GWS game.
Hamill played too which is good news.

The crappy AFC media this year, don't they get we have mostly wanted to hear about the 2nds during this season

It means we lost, perhaps embarrassingly so

Also smells of no changes

It means we lost, perhaps embarrassingly so

Also smells of no changes
You do realise it was a 15 a man scratch game and we used Port players on a rotation basis to make up our numbers?

Watching both sets of highlights you can see why these games aren't much of guide how a players going with the lack of pressure though some of Will Hamill's run and kicking was impressive. Probably better than kick to kick but not a whole better looking at the footage, can't see where it's much help getting the young players up to AFL speed.

What are the chances of the Crows joining an SANFL club (West Adelaide maybe) to play their Reserves in 2021 instead of having a stand-alone side?
No SANFL club's members would entertain the idea enough for it to become reality, and the other clubs would vote it down because they would be too worried about that club becoming a premiership threat.

Was talked about with Glenelg as a possible destination once upon a time, even Sturt as much as I can recall, but for the reasons above never worked out.

I dont think Kelly (remember ex-SANFL boss) is keen at all to be affiliated with a SANFL club. He has repeatedly stated our preference is to have our own side.

Kels has used the example of the WA clubs as example 1A as to why being affiliated with a traditional league club is not ideal.

We know it ourselves that it just detaches the junior players from the club (hello Gunston). Also, telling the head coach a skinny 18yo draftee will be playing in this position for his development as opposed to what the club needs to win.

Really need to get pur SANFL side back in action next year. Club list sizes of ~38 doesnt help though!!

I don’t think any SANFL club would entertain the idea either. Nearly every affiliation in the VFL or WAFL has ended in acrimony, Williamstown is a great case in point, stuffed around by affiliations with WB and Collingwood, become a stand alone club again and do well for themselves. s**t, even the incorporation between Power and Magpies has been problematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back