Play Nice AFL 2017 - R1 - Essendon v Hawthorn, MCG, 7.25pm - Note: drug related posts will result in bans.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think all talk of the premiership should wait until a lot more games have been played. It's Round 1, no one ever won the flag in Round 1. Look at North last year at Round 10.
very very true. just giving my gut feeling atm because a lot of teams will want redemption. btw, i dont think many people thought north win the prem.

Still super pumped and don't want to leave. Loved the Hawks fans ripping into Turnip Ty
Haha why? He wasnt even bad. Lol i would of stuck around revving them on if i could've gone aswell.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeh it is,
Last year was really open, but this year it's a new level of open..

Anyone could win it and it's great for the competition..

If every fan thinks they have a chance for their team to win the cup then it's a strong league.
Really like the sentiment. Good point about lots of fans feeling like their team has a chance to play well. Still very early days.

Actually more like 2.5 years. Clearly needs to re-adjust to the pace , not to mention the game plan. Looked a step behind the tempo when he did get his hands on the ball. Will certainly play better games this year.

After that time you can excuse the sloppiness and lack of speed when he has the ball. It's off the ball that he did himself no favours.

Haha why? He wasnt even bad. Lol i would of stuck around revving them on if i could've gone aswell.

Wasn't bad?
He was pathetic and that's being kind. Spent half the night getting in the other forwards way

Wasn't bad?
He was pathetic and that's being kind. Spent half the night getting in the other forwards way
Really, i naturally compare players to there direct opposition. I thought he broke even. Do you?

As per to his fwd movement, unfortunately he was actually doing his job well cuting the packs. But the dilevery wasnt deep enough.

But yeah.... ahhahahaahaahahah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Essendon emotional roller coaster is in full swing. It was far from perfect from either side but gee I'm happy with the outcome. Four years of hell for our supporters, let us have this one night. Knowing Essendon, it's still going to be a long and crazy season.

Loved seeing Roughy up and about, great to see Hawks

Alright you can have this one :D

great game, just reconfirms this fixture as my favourite non-Richmond game, always has something extra.

I was pleased for Vickery, his rucking has improved, second efforts were good at times too. Missed a couple but you can see why he can be so accurate, kicks absolute darts, rarely hook or fade.

Most disappointed with Rioli, if Hawthorn do slump for a year or two he is going to want to show that he isn't just a flat track bully.

Lewis bog for melb
Mitchell will take wc to another level
Interesting to see how the hawks go from here

Most disappointed with Rioli, if Hawthorn do slump for a year or two he is going to want to show that he isn't just a flat track bully.

What are you talking about? Rioli was heavily corked early, and limped around the ground for the majority of the game, which drastically reduced his effectiveness, and took away a good deal of our run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back