AFL 2017 - R11 - Port Adelaide v Hawthorn 19:20 ACST : Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Player movement is quite fluid now and will only become more so in the future. It means predicting things 4 years into the future, let alone 10 is pretty silly. I think there are enough pieces to build around in the medium term with some good list management.

It'll be a rough year or two, but who knows what'll happen after that. Riding the bumps with a grin and everything.

When was the last time Carlton beat Hawthorn? 06 or something crazy like that? I could hardly blame you for wishing ill will on Hawthorn.

Oh you mean like pissing off Mitchell and Lewis while getting JOM and Vickery??

Yeah i see what you mean and the Hawks are leading the way in great list management.

Feel a bit bad for Port fans, you'd be looking for a procession but it's been flat this half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously doubt that.

There is no more Freo trading No.1 draft picks to you guys for blokes like Hodge for Croad and absolutely nailing a couple of drafts back in the day, not to mention the inclusion of GC and GWS that held the compromised drafts for everyone else allowing you guys to keep 1 step ahead of chasing teams at the exact right moment while the Hawks are hardly now a destination club for big FA's as well.

It was good while it lasted for the Hawks but there are 15 other teams right now that will be in contention of winning a flag before you guys are in the future especially when Hodge / Gibson / Burgoyne / Frawley / McEvoy and Vickery etc are all on your list while adding no mention of stuff all draft picks next season to get JOM on massive $$$$ who has stuffed knees.

Hawks are well and truly stuffed for the next decade and bookmark that.

This stuffed for the next decade nonsense is getting tiring to read.

One draft doesn't make or break a side. We ****ed up two years in a row with multiple top picks and still came out with four flags.

We will have a few lean years. Then we will reassess the situation.

Oh you mean like pissing off Mitchell and Lewis while getting JOM and Vickery??

Yeah i see what you mean and the Hawks are leading the way in great list management.

JOM is a long term acquisition. Can hardly make a call on that one yet. I've got confidence he'll be back and playing. Hawthorn has a good history with taking on players with injury histories.

Roughead still had cancer when Ty was acquired. He's an average 2nd ruck/tall forward. Didn't give up anything for him. Hardly gonna cry over that one.

But stay hopeful and stay mad I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back