Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Essendon > 30 pts

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Slow the replay down to a frame by frame view and you will get a much clearer view of the incident.
No way was he still in the field of play when he got the "extended arms" shove that launched the player head first into the fence (and also collected the chair on the way through).
"Gonski" I think!
Game isn't played in stop motion mate.

Dury of care. if you shove or bump a player near the fence and they are injured you should be held accountable. Same as bumping and high contact. Your intention is irrelevant. If you make high contact your are accountable
Accidents happen.

Should he have accounted for the chair as well? Not sure when you're trying to impact the kick that you have time to calculate the velocity of your approach and the trajectory of the bump to minimise the risk against the player...

Accidents happen.

Should he have accounted for the chair as well? Not sure when you're trying to impact the kick that you have time to calculate the velocity of your approach and the trajectory of the bump to minimise the risk against the player...
I see what you're saying and it's tough to work all that out in a fraction of a second, but what mxett is saying is 100% correct.
Duty of care overrules any/all accidents I'm afraid.

He knew where the fence was, he knew the boundary line was close and he followed through on the bump. Player then goes into the fence and misses the rest of the game due to having to go to hospital for concussion. .

I hope he gets fined and that's it, but he should be held accountable.

I see what you're saying and it's tough to work all that out in a fraction of a second, but what mxett is saying is 100% correct.
Duty of care overrules any/all accidents I'm afraid.

He knew where the fence was, he knew the boundary line was close and he followed through on the bump. Player then goes into the fence and misses the rest of the game due to having to go to hospital for concussion. .

I hope he gets fined and that's it, but he should be held accountable.
Damage done due to tne chair. Perhaps the security guard should cop a suspensio n for duty of care?

Didn't go to hospital for concussion by the way, went for xray on his ribs where the chair made contact.

He crashed into the fence and chair as a result of being pushed into them.

If your arguement is based solely on 'it was the chairs fault' then I'm afraid I might need to stop talking to you.
A lot of commentary in the media querying why security was sitting on a chair along the boundary, considering that's what did the most damage. Usually they just sit on the grass along the fence.

Worth a fine and nothing more based off recent similar incidents.

A lot of commentary in the media querying why security was sitting on a chair along the boundary, considering that's what did the most damage. Usually they just sit on the grass along the fence.

Worth a fine and nothing more based off recent similar incidents.

Not in Victoria they aren't. I'd imagine a biased media rag like the West Aussie will ask all sorts of stupid questions, just like regarding where a security guard has placed his $8 plastic chair. The man is surely allowed to sit down? They sit on chairs everywhere else, why is W.A. so 'Anti Chair?'

Anyhoo.....as I said initially he should simply be fined and we can all move on.

Not in Victoria they aren't. I'd imagine a biased media rag like the West Aussie will ask all sorts of stupid questions, just like regarding where a security guard has placed his $8 plastic chair. The man is surely allowed to sit down? They sit on chairs everywhere else, why is W.A. so 'Anti Chair?'

Anyhoo.....as I said initially he should simply be fined and we can all move on.
They talked about it during the broadcast quite pointedly for starters. You know, the one that goes to a national audience?

Anyway, looks likely to be cleared of any damage/concussion so worth nothing more than a potenial fine.

They talked about it during the broadcast quite pointedly for starters. You know, the one that goes to a national audience?

Anyway, looks likely to be cleared of any damage/concussion so worth nothing more than a potenial fine.
So because Basil Zempalis, the shittest commentator on a national broadcaster, talked about then it was being widely discussed? Fair enough.

He’s not quite there yet, but he’s a clear #4 in the Eagles midfield now and pushing Shuey for #3. I think he’ll probably peak in his later 20s, doesn’t rely on speed or body work particularly - loads of footy smarts, hard worker and capable of a bit of magic, great package.
Shuey is our best mid...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naaaaah.

Yeo is the man - by some distance too.

We don’t see Shuey’s best work often enough.
Shuey doesn’t get cheap touches so his stats don’t look as nice but he’s easily our most damaging and when a game needs to be won he’s the one that steps up. I couldn’t care less if he doesn’t rack up cheap marks in the backline to pad his stats like other mids.

Shuey doesn’t get cheap touches so his stats don’t look as nice but he’s easily our most damaging and when a game needs to be won he’s the one that steps up. I couldn’t care less if he doesn’t rack up cheap marks in the backline to pad his stats like other mids.

Nothing about cheap stats in Yeo’s play book. Look how much we missed him in the middle against Sydney.

Shuey is a great player - but he’s not an AA level midfielder because we don’t see his best often enough.

36 scoring shots to 16 shows what a hiding this was. The eagles were simply a lot harder at the ball which had Essendon on the back foot all game.

WCE will be hard to stop now. Should make top 4 and challenge strongly for the flag. Essendon won’t make the 8.

Back