Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 7 - Bombers v Dogs Fri July 17th 7:50pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

(Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree Essendon are missing more quality of their best 22, but we are missing four and Naughton leaves a massive hole in that forward line.

Just don't think the narrative I've read this week of Essendon are depleted while the Dogs are near full strength is correct.

Shiel is our best player and has been massive around the ball this year but on the flip side Daniher doesn’t really count as missing anymore and Heppell isn’t a huge loss.

Stringer was looking very good this year however.

Should be a good one. Expect Dogs to be much better after Bevo giving them a rev up.

Dons have been great with their pressure and will need to bring it again. Wet / slippery conditions would help. Can they score enough?

I think Dogs will bounce back but Dons will be confident.

Dogs by a goal or 2.

Dogs are the one team I hate playing the most. Always seem to have our measure in every way. I'm hoping that a change of scenery + slippery conditions can tip the game in our favour. Certainly suits our pressure game.

Slippery conditions hurt the dogs against carlton. They dominated a lot of the play and inside 50’s but couldn’t take a mark/ entries were poor. If they improve that they can win. Both missing key cogs, I have no idea who to tip but I think dry weather may help the doggies. Def a coin flip game

what are the odds Cahill and Weightman dominate the scoreboards for their respective clubs?

Expecting to get smashed tonight....in much the same way that bottle of red and a couple whiskeys may top me off after a long week :)

Our avenues to goal are severely limited, so the defence and midfield really need to step up and not allow a repeat of last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs are missing Naughton, Lloyd and Dunkley. That's their 1st and 2nd leading goal kickers of last year and their best inside mid.

I don't think the two sides outs are that far apart and one teams consistency has been much better this year. I would have thought Essendon would go in slight favourites based on this years forms of the two teams.

lol loyds rubbish mate -

We are missing;

Daniher
Heppell
Shiel
Stringer
Ambrose

not to mention the rest.

not here to make excuses cause it is what it is but don't make me laugh comparing your outs to ours. Dogs should go in favorites (which they are & rightly so)

Dons come into game with winning form in similar conditions that were faced last week.
Shiel had very little impact on last weeks game.
Dogs played poorly last week in similar slippery conditions that will be faced tonight.
They’ve had a 5 day turn around with 4 changes in a losing side.
Who wins, damn knows, but should be close. But if Dons are going to go anywhere this year, they need to wins games like these. The ‘system’ that Truck is implementing should hopefully negate the outs we have.

lol loyds rubbish mate -

We are missing;

Daniher
Heppell
Shiel
Stringer
Ambrose

not to mention the rest.

not here to make excuses cause it is what it is but don't make me laugh comparing your outs to ours. Dogs should go in favorites (which they are & rightly so)
Our leading goal kicker last year? But Ambrose counts as a missing player for you? Add Jong and Duryea to our best 22 missing players too

Back